Viaplay want 12.15 Kick Off

So the solution to fans facing hundreds of pounds in travel and accommodation to attend the game is a fiver discount and less money for the club?

And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously?

28 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Think the cheap tickets suggestion muddies the waters? Think we need to keep pressure up for 3pm and then transport solutions personally. 

I understand the frustration here, but why does anyone think that the fans opinions matter any more regarding the timing of the cup final kick off? 

The game, (born and developed from is working class origins) has completely changed in just about every aspect and is now a ruthless hard nosed business industry. Money drives the full agenda and if the fans views of biggest and best club in Scotland are ignored regarding the kick off time, well do I need to go further…….

It’s just the reality of the sport we, (I mean the season ticket holders - not the cup final attendees) choose to continue to watch. Old habits are hard too …….

Just try and enjoy the final on the day! 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, STFU said:

So the solution to fans facing hundreds of pounds in travel and accommodation to attend the game is a fiver discount and less money for the club?

You can get a seat on the supporters bus for £20 👌

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 12:31 PM, STFU said:

I'd given up attending league games, but thought I might go for this one, but not at those prices.

11 hours ago, STFU said:

You said you wouldn't attend the Semi-final because tickets prices were too high, and then criticise the Supporters Trust for suggesting the SFA should reduce ticket prices for the final.  Make your mind up!  Do you want lower prices which make going to games more affordable for fans or do you want higher prices so the club gets more from gate receipts?

I can't answer for the Supporters Trust as I'm not on its Board any more, but I read the comment about reducing prices as a tongue in cheek remark.  We all know that the SFA aren't going to reduce ticket prices just because our Supporters Trust has made that suggestion, nor is there any serious prospect of them putting the kick off time back to 3 O'clock.  But at least the Trust is speaking out on behalf of the Supporters and getting a bit more publicity about the SFA's shameful decision.

• Agree 6

My non attendance at the semi was not in protest, it was due to my not being able to feed my family and pay the prices being demanded for the game (plus travel and associated other costs).

If the final was similarly priced and 3pm, I may have been able to scrape it together.  However the moving of the time now makes it more expensive as I wouldn't be back in time for my partner going to work and would need to factor in babysitter costs or her losing a shift...so a couple of quid off the ticket makes zero difference and comes nowhere close to offsetting the extra cost.

There are going to be thousands of fans having to shell out large extra costs to attend as not everyone is going to get on the supporters busses at £20 each (well done to them for not exploiting the situation).  Likewise, a couple of quid off the ticket makes no real difference

In fact, they could probably make it free entry and it still wouldn't offset fans' extra costs!

As to your remark about the comment by the trust being tongue in cheek...that kinda adds to my point about people not being able to take them seriously, does it not?!