Scottish Cup Final build up

Yngwie

Well pretty much exhausted all the options. Supporters travel club. On their list probably not much hope. Public transport not possible trying to hire a minibus. Like hens teeth.  How long does it take to walk 😀 Are others having problems getting transport . Car is an option even thought about taking bike but would it still be in the same place after the game 😀. Assuming this will be a big part of the problems. 

image.thumb.png.1c5e580667f817e7afb6610f9a2f20f4.png

19 minutes ago, jagster said:

Oh and when do tickets go on sale 

Was it not in the club statement that they would have ticket info the next day?

Using the AGM as a measuring stick, I'd say we'll get details around mid-July!

• Funny 1

On 5/7/2023 at 8:40 PM, ICTPAISLEY said:

I think the same thing happened even more recent than that to Rangers. No one interested in friendlies.

All the clubs finished the season will have released players for summer holidays and are rebuilding for next, all others still have competitive games ongoing (this extends both north & south of the border). Best hope might be a few bounce games against PL reserve or youth teams, otherwise can you expect any club (even a HL or Elgin) to say 'Aye, no bother we will call our lads up just to come play a friendly against Caley and they will start cancelling their AI hols to Magaluf'.

5 hours ago, STFU said:

Was it not in the club statement that they would have ticket info the next day?

Using the AGM as a measuring stick, I'd say we'll get details around mid-July!

We can but hope that behind the scenes discussions are taking place about the timing of the final, ticket price reductions and transport issues. 

Well the dream came last night. Have you experienced it yet? Billy through one on one and slips it under Hart. We take the lead 2.1 with 4 to play. Unfortunately I then woke up. Can anyone supply the finish or do I have to wait until the day. For the first time I have the slightest sliver of hope........but as we all know.......its the hope that kills you.

• Like 1

I found myself supping vodka cocktails watching the squad training in the Spanish sun in the Costa del Dodds region - sponsored by Tulloch Beach Properties where the gittes are looked after by the Gardener. Well better spending it on a feckin concert !!

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER
speeling

Aye - I did look that up a few days ago as I said I would.

They were both 6-1s, and there's also a 5-0 by Rangers, so the biggest winning margin in a final is 5.

I feel that anything less than that this year would be a respectable result for us. 

Wish I could be more positive!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Naelifts said:

Well the dream came last night. Have you experienced it yet? Billy through one on one and slips it under Hart. We take the lead 2.1 with 4 to play. Unfortunately I then woke up. Can anyone supply the finish

I’d hazard a guess at Celtic equalising through a controversial penalty and red card in the 14th minute of injury time, then going on to win comfortably in ET. But it’s your dream, so I think you get to write the ending.

12 hours ago, jagster said:

Well pretty much exhausted all the options. Supporters travel club. On their list probably not much hope. Public transport not possible trying to hire a minibus. Like hens teeth.  How long does it take to walk 😀 Are others having problems getting transport . Car is an option even thought about taking bike but would it still be in the same place after the game 😀. Assuming this will be a big part of the problems. 

image.thumb.png.1c5e580667f817e7afb6610f9a2f20f4.png

I’m hearing that Citylink are adding a journey to Hampden returning after the game. I will try to get details and share them. It has the added advantage that concession card holders (both young and senior / disabled) will only need to pay the £1 booking fee to reserve their seats so they don’t have to pay the fare.

I will try to get details tomorrow and share them. 

Edited by Robert
  • Well Said 2

2 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Quite interesting to note that the highest score in 149 Cup Finals is 6 by Renton and Celtic.  In the 150th final, Celtic are on course to set quite a few records after losing just 1 league game this season.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_Cup_finals

The First final was in the 1873/4 season, so this makes it the 150th anniversary of the competition.  But because the trophy wasn't played for in the war years, it won't be the 150th final.  It is historic enough though and there is no need for us to lose by more than 5 goals to make it any more historic. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Robert said:

I’m hearing that Citylink are adding a journey to Hampden returning after the game. I will try to get details and share them. It has the added advantage that concession card holders (both young and senior / disabled) will only need to pay the £1 booking fee to reserve their seats so they don’t have to pay the fare.

I will try to get details tomorrow and share them. 

Many thanks I’ll keep an eye out. I’ve noticed megabus have a 8,45 option now. But if game finishes at 7.15 without extra time to get out of Hamden and back to Buchanan street would still be really hard that would be without applauding players at end. Injury time etc 

12 minutes ago, jagster said:

Many thanks I’ll keep an eye out. I’ve noticed megabus have a 8,45 option now. But if game finishes at 7.15 without extra time to get out of Hamden and back to Buchanan street would still be really hard that would be without applauding players at end. Injury time etc 

Search on Hampden Park rather than Glasgow. That looks to be the extra journey, on sale on the Citylink and Megabus websites. It leaves Hampden at 2015, but will wait if the game goes to extra time or penalties.

I think the 1200 from Inverness extends to Hampden too.

I will get confirmation from those involved in arranging it tomorrow and confirm anything I can.

https://uk.megabus.com/journey-planner/journeys?days=1&concessionCount=0&departureDate=2023-06-03&destinationId=49&inboundOtherDisabilityCount=0&inboundPcaCount=0&inboundWheelchairSeated=0&nusCount=0&originId=481&otherDisabilityCount=0&pcaCount=0&totalPassengers=1&wheelchairSeated=0

https://uk.megabus.com/journey-planner/journeys?days=1&concessionCount=0&departureDate=2023-06-03&destinationId=481&inboundOtherDisabilityCount=0&inboundPcaCount=0&inboundWheelchairSeated=0&nusCount=0&originId=49&otherDisabilityCount=0&pcaCount=0&totalPassengers=1&wheelchairSeated=0

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, Robert said:

£62 return 😲

That's me priced out of attending...

Scottish Cup Final Ticket Prices 

South Stand – Adults: £45, Concession (Over 65s/U16s): £25, Accessible: £20, Accessible Concession: £12

West Stand: Adult: £35, Concession (Over 65s/U16s): £20, Accessible: £15, Accessible Concession: £12

• Sad 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic