Scottish Cup Final build up

Yngwie

8 hours ago, STFU said:

£62 return 😲

In fairness they are having to bring a coach (or coaches) up from the central belt to do the journeys as there is no availability locally due to the cruise ships so the vehicles are doing two return trips.

Remember that concession card holders (under 22s and over 60s/disabled) travel free, although they still need to book, so for many there is minimal cost.

https://ictfc.com/scottish-citylink-and-megabus-cup-final-initiative-announced/

Edited by Robert

https://www.the-ferry.co.uk/gigguide/june.html

Tickets for pre match party at the Ferry on sale now. Priced at £4. Kids welcome. 

Near city centre  3 bars in site. Face painters and Schallion playing. Kids welcome. 

Buses to Hampden an extra £4 payable on day leave at 4.15pm with bus lane all the way. 

Opens 11am. Booking open now 

• Like 2
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Fraz said:

Only £140 to take the family down and have decent seats. That's near half the cost of a season ticket. Some difficult decisions to be made. 

Go for the cup final and a half season ticket and your jamming 👌

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

In fairness they are having to bring a coach (or coaches) up from the central belt to do the journeys as there is no availability locally due to the cruise ships so the vehicles are doing two return trips.

Remember that concession card holders (under 22s and over 60s/disabled) travel free, although they still need to book, so for many there is minimal cost.

IN FAIRNESS if they hadn't ****** around with the kick off time, then it would have been far less of an issue.

....and bloody bravo for concessions who are being subsidised by the rest of us.

Sorry for ranting at you, but our club...and the game....are going to **** and the apologists are doing sod all but enabling them.

10 minutes ago, STFU said:

IN FAIRNESS if they hadn't ****** around with the kick off time, then it would have been far less of an issue.

....and bloody bravo for concessions who are being subsidised by the rest of us.

Sorry for ranting at you, but our club...and the game....are going to **** and the apologists are doing sod all but enabling them.

You can rant at me any time you like!

I agree entirely that the KO time is the underlying issue, but I was only trying to point out (as I understand it) that the fares result from each coach having to do about 600 miles in the day rather than 300 due to there being no coaches available locally over and above the limited number available to the club and supporters club.

A lot of people have concession cards: that is Government policy, so they can benefit by using them. It may even mean some can attend the match who would not otherwise be able to.

Surely it is beneficial that a company (that sponsors a board in the stadium) has come together with the club to provide a travel option that may benefit some?

• Agree 6

I’ve finally got transport sorted. As a so called family club. When times are hard family help each other out. If they are standing to make a million pound how hard would it have been to subsidise loads of buses from south and spend a little bit of that money. Wouldn’t have dented the million more fans more appreciation all good 

1 hour ago, STFU said:

First point I agree with you. 

Your second point is hugely disappointing and condescending . I have worked for 47 years, and paid tax and NI for most of that and am still paying tax though now only working part time. A concessionary bus fare is about the only "perk" I use having claimed nothing in return so you ain't subsidising me. 

Not sure what more the club can do on the cup final but if more supporters turned, like they did for the Ayr game, maybe the club wouldn't be in such a difficult position financially. 

I'm not a happy clapper but some of the criticism of the club on here is just not warranted. 

• Agree 6
  • Well Said 6

It seems that none of us are really looking forward to the cup final in the same way that we did in 2015, which is really sad, but somehow unavoidable.

We seem to be arguing amongst ourselves and judging others without knowing their circumstances. I think it was great to see a good crowd at the Ayr game, but I appreciate that not everyone that was there could afford season tickets or regular attendance at games throughout the year. I don't see these fans as Glory Hunters, but as fans who have to pick the games they go to with care.

I don't really see a way of increasing our fan base, without greatly reduced ticket prices in general and I know that a lot of parents where I live would love to take their kids to games regularly, but just cannot justify the expense.

Many people are really struggling to get by at the moment and the costs are simply going to be too high to take themselves and their families down to the final, especially with the change of time. When this is the case I think they genuinely feel bad for not being there to support the team, but I hope they don't feel guilty for putting food and heat etc above a football game. Watch the game from Inverness and have a party day here with friends and family or at a venue showing the game. 

For those of us who are able to make it to the game (despite the hurdles in our way), let's have a good time and make sure that we make the most of our day out. :ictscarf:

• Well Said 11

2 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Go for the cup final and a half season ticket and your jamming 👌

Which half though? How do I know which half will be the good or 💩 one? 😄

• Funny 6

I'm looking forward to the final more than in 2015.  Back then I was anxious that we might get turned over by a lower league team in the final.  This time, I have absolutely no expectation that we will win but am just astonished that we are actually in the final given where we were a few weeks ago.  I'll enjoy the occasion and I will enjoy the atmosphere of a nearly full Hampden despite it being mainly a wall of green and white.  I expect us to be soundly beaten, so anything positive about the team's performance will be a bonus.  And if, somehow, we managed to win - well, wow!

It is remarkable that we are heading to our 2nd final after only having been in existence for such a short time.  It could be a long, long time before we get to a final again.  Whatever the outcome, the day will last long in the memory and so I really would urge as many who are able to attend, to do so.

But finances are a real issue for people and are a major reason why people don't attend more matches and won't be able to travel to Hampden.  It is the fans in the stadium that provide the atmosphere and who spur the players on.  With the eye watering sums of money that are poured into the top levels of the game these days, it really should be possible to divert some of this money to keep ticket prices down to allow more people to attend occasions such as this.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 3

45 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

I'm looking forward to the final more than in 2015.

Well said - I will use your positivity and wise words to become more enthusiastic - maybe it is because it is still a while till the game that I am not quite in the zone yet.

10 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

It could be a long, long time before we get to a final again.  

I believe I said the same thing back in 2015. The team broke up and our downward trend started after that final. 

I'm not expecting the shock we all grave but could this be a shot in the arm for the club and begin an upward trend instead? :ponder:

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gringo said:

I believe I said the same thing back in 2015. The team broke up and our downward trend started after that final. 

I'm not expecting the shock we all grave but could this be a shot in the arm for the club and begin an upward trend instead? :ponder:

Certainly hope so. Good selling point to highlight to players to come here. As well as new manager and coaches!! 

On 5/10/2023 at 5:30 PM, Robert said:

I’m told that at present there are no seats remaining for the northbound journey, but they are trying to source additional coaches so hopefully there will be availability again in the next few days.

Anyone who’s not a season ticket holder a little concerned the tickets will get snapped up by Celtic fans before you get a chance yourself? It’s something I’ve been thinking about today. I’m not sure I have any faith in the precautions the club have put in place to stop this from happening.

• Well Said 1

I think there’s an inevitability about it but I’m not sure what the club can realistically do. The message copied below about ticketing yesterday was clear but what will the Police or stewards actually do at Hampden if they think some in our section are Celtic fans?

IMPORTANT – These tickets are strictly for ICTFC fans and anyone attempting to sell any tickets to outside parties will have ALL of the tickets they bought cancelled and rendered unusable on the day. Similarly, any non-ICTFC fans found in the Caley Thistle section of the Stadium will be removed by stewards immediately.

Edited by Robert

Could the club not have a couple of days, after the season ticket holder priority sales phase, where they sell to people who are on the club’s database ie they’ve bought ICT tickets before?

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Could the club not have a couple of days, after the season ticket holder priority sales phase, where they sell to people who are on the club’s database ie they’ve bought ICT tickets before?

It does state you need to be a pre registered user to buy on Tuesday. But does that mean register before Tuesday or by actually previously buying tickets? 

11 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

It does state you need to be a pre registered user to buy on Tuesday. But does that mean register before Tuesday or by actually previously buying tickets? 

I agree. It should be you must have a booking history 

On 5/10/2023 at 7:08 PM, Robert said:

A lot of people have concession cards: that is Government policy, so they can benefit by using them. It may even mean some can attend the match who would not otherwise be able to.

Surely it is beneficial that a company (that sponsors a board in the stadium) has come together with the club to provide a travel option that may benefit some?

On 5/10/2023 at 8:28 PM, Huisdean said:

First point I agree with you. 

Your second point is hugely disappointing and condescending . I have worked for 47 years, and paid tax and NI for most of that and am still paying tax though now only working part time. A concessionary bus fare is about the only "perk" I use having claimed nothing in return so you ain't subsidising me. 

I'm not a happy clapper but some of the criticism of the club on here is just not warranted. 

To be clear, I have no objection to the transport concession system in this country, but those systems are intended for public transport and not exploitation by football clubs to try and win favour with fans.

If they are not state funded concessions, then those paying full price are subsidising them.  If they are state funded concessions then, IMO, that is worse and taxes are subsidising football travel.

Also, as the link us public, then what's to say that half the people on them won't be Celtic Fans?

I'm not looking for special treatment, just a fair and level playing field where fans are not being ripped off to fill holes in club spending that are a result of jobs for the boys, badly thought out projects and utter incompetence.

If ourselves and Falkirk could charge half the price and do well from a partially full Hampden in 2015, then the only argument for the prices this year is greed.... pure and simple.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic