Scottish Cup Final build up

Yngwie

So many moans and complaints. If we had been given only 3-5k tickets (which TBF based on our attendances in the league and cup games is all we should deserve) then everyone would be crying about unfair representation, now its 'how do we stop the big bad Celtic fans sitting next to us'

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

So many moans and complaints. If we had been given only 3-5k tickets (which TBF based on our attendances in the league and cup games is all we should deserve) then everyone would be crying about unfair representation, now its 'how do we stop the big bad Celtic fans sitting next to us'

I don’t care about the big bad Celtic sitting beside me. I care about the big bad Celtic stealing my seat. I bought hospitality today as a precaution, but I do worry ICT fans may miss out due to the way they are being sold.  

If there’s even one Caley fan that tries to get a ticket on Tuesday that can’t it’ll be ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, STFU said:

To be clear, I have no objection to the transport concession system in this country, but those systems are intended for public transport and not exploitation by football clubs to try and win favour with fans.

If they are not state funded concessions, then those paying full price are subsidising them.  If they are state funded concessions then, IMO, that is worse and taxes are subsidising football travel.

Also, as the link us public, then what's to say that half the people on them won't be Celtic Fans?

I'm not looking for special treatment, just a fair and level playing field where fans are not being ripped off to fill holes in club spending that are a result of jobs for the boys, badly thought out projects and utter incompetence.

If ourselves and Falkirk could charge half the price and do well from a partially full Hampden in 2015, then the only argument for the prices this year is greed.... pure and simple.

Equally to be clear, as I understand it from someone involved in making the arrangements, Citylink realised that there was no public transport option after full time so approached the club advising that they would add a journey to their timetable to provide additional journeys. They asked the club to make fans aware of this as otherwise it would not be viable.

The club did so, allowing the services to be provided.

As it is an enhancement to the normal timetable, concessions are available.

Citylink already has an advertising board at the ground so is an ongoing supporter of the club. They are having to bring vehicles from the central belt to operate the journeys due to the cruise liners limiting local availability.

Have a pop at me if you like, but those are the facts as advised to me. The club is an innocent party in this, but sorry that does not suit your narrative about criticising everything the club does or doesn’t do. It’s getting tiresome.

I’m looking forward to the final like most posters on here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

On 5/11/2023 at 12:14 PM, Jaggernaut said:

Can anyone tell me if the shop closes over lunch time? I don't want to get a taxi down there only to find them shut. There's no one answering the phones.

I tried calling 5 times today between 1130 and 1400 with no answer. Just trying to find out how to book a space on the bus for myself and my 13yr old when there is no option to add her to the booking...

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, northstandfan said:

i have my tickets bought. bus down and back booked and pre match at the ferry tickets bought. realistically i don't expect us to come anywhere close to beating celtic but i'm looking forward to a great day out

Remember to check the time for the bus home :wink:

Tickets bought today we will be going down by car and home after the game.  Looking forward to a good day out regardless of the outcome!  As others have said Scottish Cup Finals don't come round often for us and many other teams have not had one at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hasman82 said:

I tried calling 5 times today between 1130 and 1400 with no answer. Just trying to find out how to book a space on the bus for myself and my 13yr old when there is no option to add her to the booking...

Yes, I was the same. I had been calling off and on for hours, no answer from reception or shop.

They will have a few lines in and not enough staff to answer the phones which is bad at such a busy time.  You should be able to leave a message though.  The opening hours are 10 till 4 with no break advertised for lunch.

4 hours ago, hasman82 said:

I faced the same issue. Seems the only way to book kids tickets for the bus is in person at the ticket office, as I did today?

To be fair to the staff, when I was in there was a queue so no chance for them to answer any calls. 

Edited by RednBlackComeback

1 hour ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Interesting.  Now ask them how many across Europe have reached their final after being knocked out!

And who came close to being beaten in the first cup game against much lower opposition but who eventually gained the right to play the virtually undefeated Premier League winners......who earlier in the season won 9-0 away from home. As they say in Liechtenstein 'tres tricky!'

18 hours ago, Robert said:

Equally to be clear, as I understand it from someone involved in making the arrangements, Citylink realised that there was no public transport option after full time so approached the club advising that they would add a journey to their timetable to provide additional journeys. They asked the club to make fans aware of this as otherwise it would not be viable.

The club did so, allowing the services to be provided.

As it is an enhancement to the normal timetable, concessions are available.

Citylink already has an advertising board at the ground so is an ongoing supporter of the club. They are having to bring vehicles from the central belt to operate the journeys due to the cruise liners limiting local availability.

Have a pop at me if you like, but those are the facts as advised to me. The club is an innocent party in this, but sorry that does not suit your narrative about criticising everything the club does or doesn’t do. It’s getting tiresome.

I’m looking forward to the final like most posters on here.

Clear as mud.  Our CEO intimates in his statement that we approached several companies, not that any of them approached us.

Also there is no Inverness to Hampden service on any timetable to be "enhanced", so this is 100% a football special.

My question on who is subsidising the concessions remains....state, or other service users?

Another interesting thing I discovered was that CityLink do not own any buses, they own rights to routes and then franchise out the operation of them.  If the Inverness to Hampden is a new route...needed to qualify for state funded concessions...then what was the tender process?

Not sure what them having an advertising board at the club has to do with anything as they seem to have one at every ground.  Quite a sensible place to advertise given the amount of travel football fans do as opposed to any form of special support/philanthropy towards us 🤷‍♂️

Are you sure tired and not just dizzy from all the spinning you're doing?

• Sad 1

He actually said they had spoken to a number of people.

The extra journeys will also drop off in Buchanan Bus Station on the southbound and pick up there on the northbound.

I’m not involved in this myself but know someone who is, but I’m going to take your advice and “STFU” on this subject now. I’ve tried to help but seem to be getting dragged into an argument.

Roll on the real build up to the final!!

Edited by Robert
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

He actually said they had spoken to a number of people.

The extra journeys will also drop off in Buchanan Bus Station on the southbound and pick up there on the northbound.

I’m not involved in this myself but know someone who is, but I’m going to take your advice and “STFU” on this subject now. I’ve tried to help but seem to be getting dragged into an argument.

Roll on the real build up to the final!!

Don't worry Robert STFU has a bee in his bonnet and must be between the age of 22 and 60 and not able to get a bus pass to use for travel anywhere in Scotland and for anything.  It is great for the young starting out in life and for us seniors that have worked all our lives :smile:

• Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Well Said 1

I'm buzzing for this one.  I had flights and hotel booked for myself and my eldest straight after the semi.  It's his first trip over to Hampden and who knows when we might get here again.  

• Like 5

On 5/12/2023 at 8:48 PM, IBM said:

Remember to check the time for the bus home :wink:

Tickets bought today we will be going down by car and home after the game.  Looking forward to a good day out regardless of the outcome!  As others have said Scottish Cup Finals don't come round often for us and many other teams have not had one at all.

I’ll be checking the bus times no missing it this time 😀😀

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, Row S said:

I see that Citylink and Megabus have not factored in the huge delays on the North approach to Perth just now. This is adding between 1 and 2 hours to the journey.

My satnav once took me round by Crieff when there were major delays at Perth.  Bit of a twisting, turning road - not recommended if you have passengers who might be carsick. 

And it's bound to add time to the journey.  Bing Maps says 2h 36m from Sneck to Stirling via Perth, and 18 minutes longer if you go via Crieff.  Would probably take longer than that if Crieff is busier on a Saturday and there is a lot of traffic taking that route.

3 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

For a 5.30 KO, its pretty poor planning for designated buses or traveling fans not to plan far enough ahead to get to Glasgow in time.

Have you not read what @Robert said above?  This is not a designated bus, this is an enhancement to service...and even though the club claim to have worked closely with them on it, they can't be attributed to any aspects that may attract criticism 🤷‍♂️

Ticket info from the club about tomorrow’s general release includes the following:

Supporters must either have an account registered with the club before 1st April 2023, or those who bought tickets for our Semi Final against Falkirk may also purchase tickets by coming in-store. 

11 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Ticket info from the club about tomorrow’s general release includes the following:

Supporters must either have an account registered with the club before 1st April 2023, or those who bought tickets for our Semi Final against Falkirk may also purchase tickets by coming in-store. 

We seem to be making it hard for fans to get tickets by the sound of it.

Any update on how many tickets we've actually sold?

• tm4tj unpinned this topic