Scottish Cup Final build up

Yngwie

First the paranoia

On 5/11/2023 at 8:27 PM, ICTPAISLEY said:

Anyone who’s not a season ticket holder a little concerned the tickets will get snapped up by Celtic fans

Then the resignation

On 5/11/2023 at 9:16 PM, Robert said:

I think there’s an inevitability about it

The criticism along with potential mitigation

On 5/11/2023 at 9:49 PM, Yngwie said:

Could the club not have a couple of days, after the season ticket holder priority sales phase, where they sell to people who are on the club’s database ie they’ve bought ICT tickets before?

Mitigations actions in place but, nope.....still not happy

1 hour ago, WYNESS101 said:

We seem to be making it hard for fans to get tickets by the sound of it.

Edited by bdu98196

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

Maybe there will ne more than one camera covering the game.:shrug:

Well, clearly. But the vast majority of the coverage will be from the main broadcasting angle in the South Stand. It would be presentational basics for the SFA to ensure fans of both teams are shown from the primary broadcasting angle. 

In addition to the fact this adds to the spectacle for the neutrals watching on tv, it also advertises the club to potential new fans by showcasing the colour and character of our support. Hiding us out of shot does not.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

39 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

It will look like they have the whole stadium.

Surely you mean they will have the Celtic end and some overspill

Ultimate Scottish football tin-pot behavior that a national stadium has defined stands and ends for specific clubs

31 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Well, clearly. But the vast majority of the coverage will be from the main broadcasting angle in the South Stand. It would be presentational basics for the SFA to ensure fans of both teams are shown from the primary broadcasting angle. 

I am not surprised at that as the big two always get the most coverage regardless of who they are playing and nothing is going to change on than front. We can complain about kick off times, prices of tickets and seating arrangements but it doesn’t matter to the authorities!

We just have to get on with it and make the most of our day out :ictscarf:

41 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

A friendly away to Dungannon Swifts has been arranged for Saturday 20th.

Happy days. Less than an hour down the road for me. At least there will be 1 ICT fan in attendance.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Hiro said:

Happy days. Less than an hour down the road for me. At least there will be 1 ICT fan in attendance.

You will have to do a match report :wink:

5 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

So here is a visual representation of our allocation for the final. Pretty shambolic that anyone viewing on tv will be faced with a wall of arseholes while we're stuck out of view.

Untitled.png

NOBODY puts Caley (Thistle) in the corner - except that they do. Can't say I'm surprised really.

4 hours ago, Hiro said:

Two of us, I’ll probably come across from Downpatrick to watch it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IBM said:

You will have to do a match report :wink:

I might to use my imagination for the first 5 minutes as my eldest is at a birthday party and we might have to cut it fine (or more likely we'll make an early exit).

Edited by Hiro
Spelling

23 minutes ago, EvilWhiteStripe said:

Two of us, I’ll probably come across from Downpatrick to watch it

Excellent! The eldest Hiro Junior will be with me so that makes 3- that counts as a crowd.

A friend of mine in Glastonbury tells me he has tried on numerous occasions to access ticket master and the club without success.  He is an exiled Thistle fan and was looking for tickets for himself and 3 sons.

11 hours ago, caleyboy said:

A friend of mine in Glastonbury tells me he has tried on numerous occasions to access ticket master and the club without success.  He is an exiled Thistle fan and was looking for tickets for himself and 3 sons.

Could you not get them for him? 

22 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

So here is a visual representation of our allocation for the final. Pretty shambolic that anyone viewing on tv will be faced with a wall of arseholes while we're stuck out of view.

Untitled.png

Cheers, pretty happy with that to be honest 👌

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Could you not get them for him? 

I probably will OCG but that's not the point. We should be able to access these sources without hassle. We just don't seem to be at the races in many areas.

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Buy a ticket for a jeggie - have you lost the plot ?

Sorry IHE I would not normally support any such actions but we go back a long way. First met in mid 60's.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic