Scottish Cup Final build up

Yngwie

Was just having a look at the bookies odds for the final.  20/1 for the ICT win, no real surprise with that.

ICT to win 1-0 is 70/1, whereas Celtic to win 7-0 is only 45/1.

And if you fancy us to repeat our famous 3-1 win it’s 200/1, the same odds as Celtic winning 11-0.

Fair to say that the odds are against us!

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, Kind of Blue said:

I think the odds were something like 18/1 in 2000 much to the annoyance of Steve Paterson and he used that to wind the team up to our famous win.

Yup, I recall Charlie Christie talking about how Pele had lumped on it at about those odds.  Unusual for a man who didn't normally gamble 🙄

• Facepalm 1

32 minutes ago, lightwelter said:

Is it only possible to get 4 tickets per person for the final? I'd like 5 to go with a group of friends, but the ticket site is only allowing me to buy 4. Any ideas how to get the 5th? 

Go in to shop? Or get a friend to buy with you? 

ST holders can buy 8 I think 

19 hours ago, caley100 said:

Heard we were playing Soartans in closed door match.

For once I am with the surly detractors and would suggest that the choice of opponent is WRONG. According to the Oxford English Dictionary "Spartan" means "simple or severe - without anything that makes life more pleasant".

I hope that next season the league put contingency measures in place to avoid such a gap again or mitigations on teams for us to play. Will be pretty difficult build up after securing the League until the Conference League final having sat around for 4 weeks.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

I hope that next season the league put contingency measures in place to avoid such a gap again or mitigations on teams for us to play. Will be pretty difficult build up after securing the League until the Conference League final having sat around for 4 weeks.

Conference League? So you don’t think we’ll win the Europa League qualifier?

On 5/20/2023 at 4:56 PM, bdu98196 said:

Celtic defence being rag-dolled today by Curtis main, appears the missing CCV means they can't handle physical and ariel threats. Shame we rely on a strike force that the borrowers look down on and lack a target man for Doddsball.

Celtic defence owned again.......

Anyone know what big Eddie is up to and if he fancies a game on 3rd June?

• Funny 3

Sportscene pundits tonight not really acknowledging the possibility that we could win and claim the European spot. Even our former manager Neil McCann saying, of Aberdeen, “The money the are going to get from the group stages…”

7 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Sportscene pundits tonight not really acknowledging the possibility that we could win and claim the European spot.

Perfect!

This type of attitude is just the thing to fire our boys up for a win.:ictscarf:🏆

Go Caley Thistle.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic