Scottish Cup Final build up

Yngwie

4 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Another motivator is the fact Ross County look as though they are going to qualify for the play offs. I fully back Partick to beat them next week in the lead up to the Cup Final. 

I don't follow how that makes any difference?

17 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

We are on the way up, and they will pass us on the way down!!

We failed again in the Championship this season. More than likely if they come down they will go back up before us with Mr Cheque book at the helm.

F*ck them anyway....we're in the Scottish Cup Final they aren't.

• Agree 1

Given next season we Dunfermline and DUtd who are easily going to be stronger than the Cove and Dundee they replace, if County or Killie did drop down too then it shows how badly we have failed this and last season in 2 very weak league line ups.

Nothing to lose at Hampden as long as we don't get battered,so I hope the boys enjoy the occasion and give it their best shot.

Had an issue getting tickets on line and as I don't stay in Inverness, I contacted the club every day with no answer,so I left messages on answering machine at ticket office and reception and I emailed.Credit where it is due,  they responded after six days and said they were busy.

Communication with season ticket holders clearly a priority.

Now waiting to see if they will post them to me otherwise ill take time of work and drive through to collect. Asked the question every day this week.

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie

6 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Is anyone concentrating on the Cup Final. Cellic are on the beach and possibly showing a bit of over confidence. It is a very, very big ask but it is possible. Never mind next season - Hampden is calling.

I think they’ve been playing some fringe players, especially in defence, but that’s 1 point out of 9.

I’d be amazed if they don’t start their strongest 11 for the final and they must know we’ve turned them over in cups before.

We’ve nothing to lose. It’s a one off match and if our players are all up for it and luck goes our way, you just never know……

I’m travelling in hope rather than expectation and, as others have said, hope the players enjoy the occasion and we don’t get a battering. 

• Agree 5

On 5/10/2023 at 9:18 PM, CaleyHedgehog said:

It seems that none of us are really looking forward to the cup final in the same way that we did in 2015

I can't believe I said that - the excitement is definitely building now.

Somewhere in my memory, I seem to remember a wee book of songs/chants being drawn up before the 2015 final. I decided to put pen to paper and wrote a few lines about this year's game set to the tune of The Everly Brothers 'Let it be me'.

INVERNESIAN’S LAMENT

Inverness Caley Jaggies,

We’ll have to pack our baggies

The late night Final calls us,

Let it be THREE (then shout out PM)

TV companies don’t rate us,.

They think the viewers hate us,

The SFA ignore us,

Let it be THREE (PM).

Don’t take this Heaven from us,

The Cup is waiting for us,

The English Cup’s gazumped us,

Let it be THREE (PM).

Inverness Caley Thistle,

Will play 'til final whistle,

Then we’ll take the Cup with us,

Let it be THREE(PM).

Apologies - I just couldn't resist🏆:ictscarf:

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

On 5/26/2023 at 10:47 AM, bdu98196 said:

Given next season we Dunfermline and DUtd who are easily going to be stronger than the Cove and Dundee they replace, if County or Killie did drop down too then it shows how badly we have failed this and last season in 2 very weak league line ups.

I know Dunfermline will have the momentum of a promotion [as had one could Queens Park], but how much stronger will they be 2 years on from relegation. Neither Kilmarnock or Dundee Utd can honestly be said to be anyting other than yo-yo clubs, but yes they all have a little bit more money than us....Ross County would be a threat. Obviously its a blow that we missed out on the play-offs they way we did, but I bet no-one saw Partick's strong showing in the play-offs, so promotion for us that way not a given. But I think it's very unfair to say we failed this season when we had more than a first team out through injury for such long periods...no team in any league could carry that cross and expect to be successful.

But we are in the Cup Final, and no one can take that away from us [especially not Queens Park] ...Obvs the odds are stacked against us but win or lose I shall enjoy the day

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 4

On 5/26/2023 at 11:12 AM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Is anyone concentrating on the Cup Final. Cellic are on the beach and possibly showing a bit of over confidence. It is a very, very big ask but it is possible. Never mind next season - Hampden is calling.

Judging by the first 35 minutes today, their holiday is over and they are back in the mood. They are murdering Aberdeen just now. Fortunately I will be at The Gathering by the time the second half starts so spared any more previews of what we are facing next week!

However, it is a one off game and anything can happen on the day, so hope remains!!

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

FT 5-0 to Celtic against the 3rd best team in the Premier. But playing the 6th best team from the Championship will be a different proposition altogether! 😬

So, we either equal or better the performance of the 3rd best team in the premiership, or we suffer the biggest ever loss in a Scottish Cup Final!

Interestingly, even though Aberdeen may have finished 3rd, they have finished with a goal difference of minus 4.  That is 60 goals worse than the side which finished 2nd.  Shows what a gulf there is.

• Thoughtful 1

Whilst it is of little relevance now, I’d still like to point out that we finished 3rd (2014/15) our GD was +10, and we also finished with 8 more points than this season’s third place side!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobby said:

Any word on how many tickets we have sold? 

Why the secrecy? Was the same in 2015.

Seems crazy that the club won't tell us. It will only put people off trying to get tickets cos they'll likely take the view that tickets are either sold out, or so few sold that there won't be a good atmosphere! 

It'll be clear to see on the day exactly how many tickets we've sold so I really don't understand the club's stance on this?😵‍💫

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Why the secrecy? Was the same in 2015.

Seems crazy that the club won't tell us. It will only put people off trying to get tickets cos they'll likely take the view that tickets are either sold out, or so few sold that there won't be a good atmosphere! 

It'll be clear to see on the day exactly how many tickets we've sold so I really don't understand the club's stance on this?😵‍💫

Yea I just don't understand it 🤷🏻

• Agree 1

As we drove through the very busy tourist strewn streets of Inverness today, I was thinking, I wonder if the club has capitalised on the increased footfall by having a pop up store, to take advantage of our friendly visitors? What if we had a little section in one of the touristy shops, how many shirts or club souvenirs would we sell? I can't see many tourists going all the way out to the stadium to have a look, but they might if it was in one of the shops in town.

We always seem to miss a beat when it comes to self promotion, while other clubs have their finger on the pulse. There doesn't seem to be enough hype surrounding the final. Celtic are a worldwide name in football, and we are playing them! Every man woman and child that visits our town should know that, and maybe they would take a little souvenir from our club back to their part of the world if they were readily available. The only thing of interest regarding ICT that surprised me today, was I found a little poster inside my copy of the Inverness Courier. So that will be put up tomorrow, and maybe a passing tourist will see it and think, oh the local Inverness team is playing the giant Celtic, I wonder where I can buy their football strip!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic