Scottish Cup Final build up

Yngwie

Thats likely the prize money but does it include the shared gate receipts for the semis and final? That might be where the numbers look wrong as the number floating around a few weeks ago was well over £1m impact on our income. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

58 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Thats likely the prize money but does it include the shared gate receipts for the semis and final? That might be where the numbers look wrong as the number floating around a few weeks ago was well over £1m impact on our income. 

I read it as the prize money for getting to the league positions and rounds in the cup only, so any share of gate receipts will be additional and, with 50,000 there on Saturday and a quarter share of the 50,000 at the Old Firm semi, even after the SFA cut it should be a very decent sum that we get. Given our financial situation, it is very welcome.

The club is pushing ticket sales again so we must have quite a lot of our allocation still to sell:

https://ictfc.com/scottish-cup-final-ticket-information-general-sale-info-3/

Edited by Robert

45 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Glad I sold my extra ones on to some glory hunting OF scum desperate to whank over a treble while premium prices were available 🎣

I’m sure you’re not alone flogging tickets to the opposition fans!! Least you got a good price by all accounts.

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 1

If I’ve got Celtic fans near me, especially if they set off these colourful but choking flares, and loudly cheering their team whilst around us ICT fans, then I’ll be shouting for the stewards.  I’ll also be doing my utmost to show these fans they are in the wrong area and should get to .....  Celtic fans have no place in the designated ICT section.   

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 3

In its ticketing information, the Club is rightly highlighting the following text.

IMPORTANT – These tickets are strictly for ICTFC fans and anyone attempting to sell any tickets to outside parties will have ALL of the tickets they bought cancelled and rendered unusable on the day. Similarly, any non-ICTFC fans found in the Caley Thistle section of the Stadium will be removed by stewards immediately.

I think it is important that we all support each other in ensuring that any Celtic fans in our section are identified to the stewards and that the stewards promptly do what they have been instructed to do.

• Funny 1
  • Thoughtful 1

What a bunch of soppy wet blankets all fussing over who sits next to them. Did you all speak up when we were in the Premiership and every celtic or rangers visit the home ends were packed.......because guess what all the extra caley fans those days weren't really there for the caley.

• Well Said 1

17 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

What a bunch of soppy wet blankets all fussing over who sits next to them. Did you all speak up when we were in the Premiership and every celtic or rangers visit the home ends were packed.......because guess what all the extra caley fans those days weren't really there for the caley.

OF fans sat with so many people in the North Stand when the ugly sisters came to town. Don't remember any stand out issues.

If we aren't going to sell the tickets give them to Celtic if we get more money out of them I'm not bothered as we won't be making money Celtic anytime soon in the Championship.

• Agree 4

8 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

IMPORTANT – These tickets are strictly for ICTFC fans and anyone attempting to sell any tickets to outside parties will have ALL of the tickets they bought cancelled and rendered unusable on the day. Similarly, any non-ICTFC fans found in the Caley Thistle section of the Stadium will be removed by stewards immediately.

Firstly unless the club has to prove the tickets have been sold on which is impossible given anyone can buy multiple. So can easily just distribute to friends and family.

Secondly, the stewards will do nothing as they get minimum wage and give zero fucks

My post has clearly riled some up, but it highlights how easy it is  not just winding folks up on here, but also for a registered caley fan to have bought additional tickets to sell on to celtic supporting friends and family. Given our core 2-3k support plus some additional fair weather's, I still expect a fair number on the day to have stronger green & white alignment than ourselves. As angry as that makes people I guarantee on the nobody will do or say anything!!!!

I'm fully expecting a few half and half 'comemorative' scarves on the day at least

The latest episode of The Wyness Shuffle has a load of chat, interviews and other stuff as the guys look ahead to the game on Saturday.

How do you like the sound of:

• Looking back at previous wins over Celtic with interviews with Stuart Golabek, Dennis Wyness, Ross Tokely and James Vincent?
  • Captain Sean Welsh updating us on how preparations for the big day are coming along?
  • A chat with Natasha Meikle from the Celtic State of Mind podcast?
  • All you need to know about the Highland Fling on the Ferry?
  • The reveal of another Cup Final song?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Well Said 1

19 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

In its ticketing information, the Club is rightly highlighting the following text.

I think it is important that we all support each other in ensuring that any Celtic fans in our section are identified to the stewards and that the stewards promptly do what they have been instructed to do.

given the low average attendance, there will be many 'non-ICT supporters' in the ICT end.

Yes, think you'd be right about that 3, even sell out home games wouldn't reach those figures given away allocations etc and other notable games like SC & LC semis, challenge cup finals, it's always been 2-3k.

I'd think the home game against astra would be next on the list, given the very small away support......?

The home game against Dundee at the end of the 09/10 season would possibly come close. Dundee barely took any fans up and I think we had something like 6,000 there.

4 hours ago, RiG said:

The home game against Dundee at the end of the 09/10 season would possibly come close. Dundee barely took any fans up and I think we had something like 6,000 there.

Barry’s testimonial?

15 hours ago, Yngwie said:

If our ticket sales are 6,000, I’m trying to remember, would this be the 3rd largest gathering of ICT fans (after the cup finals in 2015 and 2014)?

What about the time we played Rangers at Tananadice years ago I remember a fairly large support that day 

7 minutes ago, jagster said:

What about the time we played Rangers at Tananadice years ago I remember a fairly large support that day 

I remember a fair few Inverness 'Huns' mixed in with us that day. Nothing much has changed then.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Non story, obviously there was going to be no alcohol.

I just about remember the special 'dry' train for the initial 08/02/00 cup tie that was postponed. Lots of thin looking coke drunk that day.

You might be aware that despite current regulations on all scotrail services prohibiting alcohol , most of these services, especially at weekends are absolutely rammed with carry-outs.

Tough enforcement gig indeed.

On the One Show just now, BBC1, Rod Stewart (seemed a wee bit ‘happy’)(maybe been on the juice) said his team were going to win the treble on Saturday.  Come on ICT, burst his bubble and send him home sad to USA.  Please. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic