Polite Notice

I've noticed a couple of posts on here recently where the posters could be construed as harbouring sympathies or loyalties to one of either Celtic or Rangers. Just a reminder that if Celtic and Rangers are your big team, then you are not welcome in the home end at the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium. Thank you.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

12 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I've noticed a couple of posts on here recently where the posters could be construed as harbouring sympathies or loyalties to one of either Celtic or Rangers. Just a reminder that if Celtic and Rangers are your big team, then you are not welcome in the home end at the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium. Thank you.

I have absolutely no sympathies or loyalties to either Celtic or The Rangers, but if any of their supporters, or supporters of any other club, wants to come to watch a game of football either supporting ICT or as a complete neutral, then in my opinion, they will be most welcome in the North Stand.  The money generated for the club by neutral fans and fans supporting more than one club coming to the Caledonian Stadium makes an important contribution to the finances of the club.  Intolerant views such as yours harm the club.  You presumably object to supporters of those clubs because of their bigotry, yet by saying that those with sympathies for those clubs are not welcome here, you demonstrate a level of bigotry of your own.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

You presumably object to supporters of those clubs because of their bigotry, yet by saying that those with sympathies for those clubs are not welcome here, you demonstrate a level of bigotry of your own.

Suggesting that not welcoming or condoning sectarianism or religious bigotry and those who partake in spreading such bile is in itself bigotry, seems an odd stance to take.

• Agree 1

On 5/10/2023 at 11:43 AM, DoofersDad said:

You presumably object to supporters of those clubs because of their bigotry, yet by saying that those with sympathies for those clubs are not welcome here, you demonstrate a level of bigotry of your own.

Just to be clear, are you equating bigotry against legally protected characteristics in law with "bigotry" against people who have made the choice to follow a football team? A very strange stance to take unless the original post has touched a nerve. Why would that be?

On 5/3/2023 at 9:05 AM, DoofersDad said:

Of course, Celtic fans would argue that they have 50,000 season ticket holders and several thousand on a waiting list, so why should they miss out on a final and the opportunity for the Treble just so that thousands of ICT "fans" who rarely if ever make the effort to go to games can attend?  I have some sympathy for that argument

Interesting.

On 5/10/2023 at 10:11 PM, DoofersDad said:

I'll enjoy the occasion and I will enjoy the atmosphere of a nearly full Hampden despite it being mainly a wall of green and white.  I expect us to be soundly beaten, so anything positive about the team's performance will be a bonus. Whatever the outcome, the day will last long in the memory

Very interesting.

On 5/10/2023 at 1:44 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

What about Aberdeen ? Or Clachnacuddin ? 

Aberdeen fans are also not welcome. Clach fans are covered by my original post.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus
  • Funny 1

On 5/9/2023 at 10:55 PM, Stephen Malkmus said:

Not sure we're in a privileged enough position to be too picky about who comes to our games tbh.  

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

The level of Old Firm acceptance on here is truly sad to see. Hopefully over time this fades out from our support. The main thing is that I hope we aren't shy in verbally and physically harrassing any green and white specimens who choose to sit in our end at the final.

13 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Glad you could join us then Stephen.

Don't fret, I certainly shan't be making a habit of it. This place almost has less finger-on-the-pulse energy than a Charles Bannerman Courier column.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The level of Old Firm acceptance on here is truly sad to see. Hopefully over time this fades out from our support. The main thing is that I hope we aren't shy in verbally and physically harrassing any green and white specimens who choose to sit in our end at the final.

Don't fret, I certainly shan't be making a habit of it. This place almost has less finger-on-the-pulse energy than a Charles Bannerman Courier column.

“Oh my websites better than yours” 😢🤓

Funny thing is it’s the same posters with new names and different fishing equipment.

• Funny 1

20 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

“Oh my websites better than yours” 😢🤓

Funny thing is it’s the same posters with new names and different fishing equipment.

You seem a lot more excited to talk about other websites than I am. Please try to keep the thread on topic.

12 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The level of Old Firm acceptance on here is truly sad to see.

If you think people with sympathies towards Rangers or Celtic should not be made welcome at the Caledonian Stadium, I would politely suggest you take the issue up with our CEO.  I am sure he would be delighted to have a chat with you about it.

Edited by DoofersDad

21 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

If you think people with sympathies towards Rangers or Celtic should not be made welcome at the Caledonian Stadium, I would politely suggest you take the issue up with our CEO.  I am sure he would be delighted to have a chat with you about it.

21 hours ago, Yngwie said:

The cull is going to have quite an impact on the squad too.

The Polite Notice applies to fans only. The squad are not ICT fans, they are employees of the club. The CEO should leave for being incompetent.

• Well Said 1

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The Polite Notice applies to fans only. The squad are not ICT fans, they are employees of the club. The CEO should leave for being incompetent.

It's not a polite notice.

And YOUR views about who is not welcome at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium are clearly not representative of most fans.

• Well Said 1

You used to be cool, buckett 😞 

On 10/3/2006 at 9:00 PM, buckett said:

Sadly, the Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic supporting older gits will probably never change - a throwback to the days when Inverness could not offer senior football and people had to look elsewhere.

I live in the north-west of Scotland and, interestingly, folk here tend to identify with the west rather than the north, opting to follow the Glasgow teams rather than the Highland teams, despite the fact that Inverness and Dingwall are much closer.

****, even Celtic and Rangers do coaching session here, why can't our LOCAL spl team?

On 10/3/2006 at 9:36 PM, buckett said:

glory-hunting tw@ts!