Polite Notice

On 5/9/2023 at 10:55 PM, Stephen Malkmus said:

I've noticed a couple of posts on here recently where the posters could be construed as harbouring sympathies or loyalties to one of either Celtic or Rangers. Just a reminder that if Celtic and Rangers are your big team, then you are not welcome in the home end at the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium. Thank you.

I wholeheartedly agree with this however it sadly would have a drastic effect on our home attendances which are already at an all time low.

Do we really want to exclude more than half the site admin and moderators along with a very large number of prominent posters on here?

There’s no point naming names they know who they are and shame on them however in their defence they were the exact type of supporters the initial board of ICT wanted to attract while they shafted the football fraternity of Inverness.

Dougal

• Funny 1

21 minutes ago, dougal said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this however it sadly would have a drastic effect on our home attendances which are already at an all time low. Do we really want to exclude more than half the site admin and moderators along with a very large number of prominent posters on here?

We can certainly afford to exclude half the site admin, moderators and prominent posters, but we shouldn't be excluding half the population imo.

On 11/12/2010 at 3:15 PM, dougal said:

regarding the amount of women that attend the Caledonian stadium, i sit in the main stand normally and around about me there are usually quite a few, one or two are even quite pleasing on the eye.

You have to ask though do the majority really understand the game and its rules

Have ICT always had a large following of the female persuasion?

Dougal

On 11/12/2010 at 7:44 PM, dougal said:

There is a danger however if too many attend, what we don't want to create is a similar atmosphere too a Take That concert

On 5/10/2023 at 8:01 AM, bdu98196 said:

Its not just fans, I'd consider extending that towards

Nothing wrong with ICT being your second team. Our (sorry, Celtic’s free Highland) youth coach never attends any of the first team matches as his interests and loyalties lie in the east end of Glasgow .  I would expect most ICT fans have Celt leanings with some others having a soft Gers and Aberdeen affiliation. Just the reality of where ICT are in there abysmal and amateur recruitment and nurturing of future ICT fans. Expect this topic will be recycled in 20 years time as long as we have numpties in charge!   
Happy for anyone to convince me otherwise…

• Funny 1

59 minutes ago, big cherly said:

Nothing wrong with ICT being your second team. Our (sorry, Celtic’s free Highland) youth coach never attends any of the first team matches as his interests and loyalties lie in the east end of Glasgow .  I would expect most ICT fans have Celt leanings with some others having a soft Gers and Aberdeen affiliation. Just the reality of where ICT are in there abysmal and amateur recruitment and nurturing of future ICT fans. Expect this topic will be recycled in 20 years time as long as we have numpties in charge!   
Happy for anyone to convince me otherwise…

What utter nonsense.. 

I'd expect the majority of our ST holders esp the younger they are to have no leanings towards the OF or Aberdeen 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

11 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

What utter nonsense.. 

I'd expect the majority of our ST holders esp the younger they are to have no leanings towards the OF or Aberdeen 

Agreed, they're more likely to have a leaning towards a big English or European club.

3 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

We can certainly afford to exclude half the site admin, moderators and prominent posters, but we shouldn't be excluding half the population imo.

The club was formed on the basis of exclusion and division. 
It’s maybe a little late now to come to that conclusion 

Dougal 

11 hours ago, old caley girl said:

What utter nonsense.. 

I agree, the older supporters like me, didn't have a Scottish league team to support, so we always had a 'big team' and our local team that we supported. I was a fan of Celtic since about 1965 and was an avid follower of Inverness Thistle since around 1962, but whenever these teams met, there was only one team that I wanted to win, that was the Jaggies. But I agree that the younger fans have no excuse for not supporting their local team, as we now have a Scottish League team of our own, but if you walk through the town, you see Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and even Man City and United tops being worn by youngsters, but very few ICT tops. I even know a young lad a few years ago that was a fan of Chelsea, and I asked him why he supported them and not ICT, and he said because Chelsea, at that time, were winning everything and ICT were pants, his words. He probably supports Man City now, the young are very fickle!

• Well Said 1

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

the young are very fickle!

How true.

And sadly this can transfer to all aspects of life. I see so many youngsters who do not see the point in sticking with anything when the going gets tough.

However I do see lots of ICT strips on children in Dalneigh.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I agree, the older supporters like me, didn't have a Scottish league team to support, so we always had a 'big team' and our local team that we supported. I was a fan of Celtic since about 1965 and was an avid follower of Inverness Thistle since around 1962, but whenever these teams met, there was only one team that I wanted to win, that was the Jaggies. But I agree that the younger fans have no excuse for not supporting their local team, as we now have a Scottish League team of our own, but if you walk through the town, you see Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and even Man City and United tops being worn by youngsters, but very few ICT tops. I even know a young lad a few years ago that was a fan of Chelsea, and I asked him why he supported them and not ICT, and he said because Chelsea, at that time, were winning everything and ICT were pants, his words. He probably supports Man City now, the young are very fickle!

Juggernaut, You make my point perfectly!

For every kid wearing a ICT top or garb in Inverness you can multiply that by 20 ish for tic,  10 ish gers and English teams. I even see more County tops than ICT tops.  - Maybe it’s just me that sees this and it’s just rubbish??

If my note raised the hackles with some forum fans then I have succeeded (a little), in what I consider one of the most critical aspects of our clubs future survival and development. 
Namely growth of the young ICT fan base!

A successful team will attract kids wearing there strips & stuff. We  have struggled in this matter for the recent past, but it is cyclical.  Over the years I have noticed that as our aging fan base thins out the younger fans are not there in numbers. 
The ‘young team’ are selective and can vary in numbers from under 20 during the winter duff matches up to a hundred or so for big games.

We (the club) has failed to address the decline in young fan recruitment for years. The lack of connection (suit, tie & dram) is generationally and culturally miles apart from youths of today.

Until we bring in new thinking on whether we think this is an issue and how to address it, we will, I respectfully put forward, continue to see more celt, gers, ManC - U and County tops in Inverness.

Edited by big cherly
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

"Yes, I support Celtic but the town being full of Old Firm fans is somehow the fault of young people"

3 hours ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

How true.

And sadly this can transfer to all aspects of life. I see so many youngsters who do not see the point in sticking with anything when the going gets tough.

Youngsters are fickle because they have so many more opportunities and options available to them and they are exploring them to find their way in life. Back in the day the only forms of entertainment in Inverness were watching the one channel on TV or walking up and down Stephen's Brae constantly. It's a lot harder to be fickle in that environment.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

3 hours ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

How true.

Attendances in Section 94 always seem much higher on a Friday night to me? (Possibly younger folk work on Saturdays?) 

Is one way of increasing attendances moving games to Friday nights? Tin hat on....lol 

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

Attendances in Section 94 always seem much higher on a Friday night to me? (Possibly younger folk work on Saturdays?) 

Is one way of increasing attendances moving games to Friday nights? Tin hat on....lol 

Or they are nursing hangovers on Saturdays……

Edited by Robert
  • Funny 1

On this point, I had a neighbour who said he supported Gers, even named his dog after a Gers player!  However, had never seen Gers, and, when Gers playing in Inverness didn’t go to support or watch them.   They have very strange supporters.   At least I support my local team, home and away, and haven’t named my pet after any player!  

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Just now, lizi said:

On this point, I had a neighbour who said he supported Gers, even named his dog after a Gers player!  However, had never seen Gers, and, when Gers playing in Inverness didn’t go to support or watch them.   They have very strange supporters.   At least I support my local team, home and away, and haven’t named my pet after any player!  

You'll have been at approx more than him Lizi

• Well Said 2

1 hour ago, lizi said:

Liz as you know some of the names of my pets I have no option than to support the mighty Caley Thistle. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1