As everyone else as said, result was better than expected. Had no trouble with the Celtic fans (except for the one that made himself known in our section after the 3rd goal) and was surprised to see my train from Killie was pretty evenly split.

1st half was tough, think the instructions were to stay defensive unless you're confident you're in the clear, noticed anytime Henderson or Duffy got the ball on the right there was a reluctance to either make a run or an overlap. 2nd half was much better as we moved our press up the pitch started getting the ball higher up and made some decent pressure. Agree with Dodds the goals in the 2nd half came at the wrong time for us, but would argue if Celtic didn't get that first before half time then 2nd half would have continued the pattern of the 1st. Wasn't overly happy with the ref, don't think I can say he impacted the result but Billy Mckay was definitely getting manhandled during the 2nd half and never got a call for it.

• Agree 1

A few Celtic ringers in our area (we did hospingtality) but most had the decency to sit on their hands. Most.

Like most posters here, no complaints after a terrific effort from the team. I was actually generally happy in the first half, great defensive work and saw quite a lot of the ball. The Celtic fans (other than the folk singers) were restive when the goal came. And they were again at 1-2. Disappointing when we had pressure that some promising moves broke up because of poor decisions. I'd thought Shaw might be our secret weapon as he's awkward and little-known, but he had a quiet game.

Cracking goal and it gave us all a lift.

Ah, well. Onward.

10 hours ago, Yngwie said:

It was a rather disappointing performance from him considering what we know he is a capable of - but I think you’re being a bit harsh. Sitters?!

Well I'd have to watch them back to see exactly but from what I saw he just had to put his foot through them both and it was at least a save. Sitters in my book 

Dare I say it, it was a “great day out”. Couldn’t fault the players for effort. The defence looked pretty solid in the first 10 mins so I relaxed a bit. Was hard to see where a goal would come for us, though, as it was always just coming back. There was no outlet down the left, where Shaw should have been. That was disappointing for me - Shaw being played down the middle. Did Dodds not see the difference it made putting him down the left v Ayr?! Now we’ll never know what might have been. 

What a cross from Duffy - and a spectacular finish. Gave us that hope again, just what being a Caley fan is all about!!

Fans were great. Well done to the singing section for keeping it going and being heard even when vastly outnumbered. They should be moved to the North Stand. Better with a roof.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mazza20 said:

Wasn't overly happy with the ref, don't think I can say he impacted the result but Billy Mckay was definitely getting manhandled during the 2nd half and never got a call for it.

Me too, and this could just be the difference between us scoring one goal, or two or three. It makes me furious that players (especially 'big club' ones) get away with this.

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1

Most of the Celtic fans were brand new, but they always are nice and friendly and patronising as long as you do the decent thing and lose. Otherwise, just like the other bum cheek, there are always a few who will spit on you 🤬

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

40 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Attendance 47,247 - so where were the 5,000 empty seats?! A few hundred where our section and Celtic section met, the rest seemed full from where I was at least.

Couldn't see how full the top section of the south stand was so maybe some there?

Just thought I'd add my tuppence worth. Got back Sunday evening after two glorious days (weather wise) in Glasgow.  As some others have said I was actually proud of our performance, firstly in holding off Celtic for most of the first half, and then again by scoring the best goal of the game to give them a fright for a few minutes before the end.  So, not the drubbing that many predicted.

Spotted one couple in our section who were probably Celtic supporters. One of them continually was looking over towards the the mass of Celtic supporters to our left (behind the goal) and at times waving towards them!.  I was actually disappointed with the group of our own supporters who stood up for most  the game , making it very difficult for our row (who did not stand up) to see  anything at all.  In fact, my son watched most of the game on his phone because of those thoughtless (some would say, selfish) fans in front of us.

Again, as some others have said, all the Celtic fans we actually spoke to, before the game, and especially during the long walk back into Glasgow centre after the game, were friendly and respectful.

Not sure how I feel about Ross County saving themselves with that late comeback!  I was sort of looking forward to the return of the Highland derbies next season!

Anyway, onwards and upwards

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Mr Mantis 

Refreshing to see the Septic fans and the Jaggies mingling and drinking together with no hint of trouble especially when the venue was meant to be for Inverness fans only. 

Dougal

On 6/3/2023 at 10:32 PM, Naelifts said:

Tend to agree with this. A tad disappointing as the ball kept being played back when having decent possession. But everyone gave their all against a machine that no-one expected  we would be capable of beating. Best goal of the game ( a goal was all I realistically wanted). A great day out with the Celtic fans great with me as I walked too and from the game in a sea of green and white. Full  marks to them too.

Agreed r.e.The Celtic fans. I left the ferry about half 3 and caught the back of police accompanied march to the ground. But they were all great with me shaking my hand and wishing me a great day out. They asked if I was confident and I said no but they were all like it’s a one off. Spoke with a very friendly guy on the train from mt florida after. I had a great day and nearly went over some seats when Dan’s header hit the net. I had no expectation and that made it more enjoyable and the euphoria if we had won ever higher. We won just being there and I am glad I was there. 

I think the tactics were fine - against a side that can rip teams to shreds we needed to stay in it for as long as possible. I knew we weren’t going to get lots of chances but I felt we lacked a little belief to really go at them as they could be got at with carter vickers. But can’t fault the effort of the team and being near to the front next to the singing section was a brilliant atmosphere. Even in defeat I loved the whole day and hope we experience this again in future 🔴🔵

Edited by gingerjaggy
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, dougal said:

Mr Mantis 

Refreshing to see the Septic fans and the Jaggies mingling and drinking together with no hint of trouble especially when the venue was meant to be for Inverness fans only. 

Dougal

You sharp-eyed devil you 😂

• Funny 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I see on BBC news that the police have today released pictures of 5 men they would like to speak to regarding “culpable and reckless conduct” at the cup final, and disappointingly, 3 of them look like they are in the ICT section. Curious that it has taken 6 months for them to take this step? I didn’t see any problems from our fans, or the other lot, that day. Any idea what this is about?

[Goes without saying I’m sure, but don’t name names.]

57 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I see on BBC news that the police have today released pictures of 5 men they would like to speak to regarding “culpable and reckless conduct” at the cup final, and disappointingly, 3 of them look like they are in the ICT section. Curious that it has taken 6 months for them to take this step? I didn’t see any problems from our fans, or the other lot, that day. Any idea what this is about?

Saw that as well and like you thought it strange it's only come to light now? 

56 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Unless it is for having Flares or throwing smoke bombs which if it is would seem a bit petty when you look at what goes on at larger games and nothing seems to be done.  As Yngwie said I never seen any hint of trouble inside or outside the ground on an enjoyable day out.

• Agree 2

The only thing I saw was the idiot Celtic fan in with our fans who celebrated their third goal as though they’d won the Champions League and got a deserved punch from one of our fans (not that I condone violence, but that idiot got what he deserved……).

Neither of them are amongst the five pictured. 

1 hour ago, Robert said:

The only thing I saw was the idiot Celtic fan in with our fans who celebrated their third goal as though they’d won the Champions League and got a deserved punch from one of our fans (not that I condone violence, but that idiot got what he deserved……).

Neither of them are amongst the five pictured. 

Nae ber with away fans giving us money for seats we couldn't shift, but acting a **** about it deserves a hefty skelp

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Yngwie said:

I saw that too. As others have said I also didn't see any issues inside or outside the ground. Probably is a flares/smoke bomb issue. I don't recognise any of them in those poor images.