Scottish League Cup 2023-24 - Draw

WYNESS101

Draw for group stages is at 1pm today

Viaplay Cup draw today | SPFL

THE DRAW FOR THE GROUP STAGE OF THE VIAPLAY CUP TAKES PLACE AT 1.00PM...

Seeding pots and club numbers

Pot 1
1 St Mirren
2 Motherwell
3 Livingston
4 St Johnstone
5 Kilmarnock
6 Ross County
7 Dundee United
8 Dundee

Pot 2
9 Ayr United
10 Queen’s Park
11 Partick Thistle
12 Greenock Morton
13 Inverness Caledonian Thistle
14 Raith Rovers
15 Arbroath
16 Hamilton Academical

Pot 3
17 Cove Rangers
18 Dunfermline Athletic
19 Falkirk
20 Airdrieonians
21 Alloa Athletic
22 Queen of the South
23 FC Edinburgh
24 Montrose

Pot 4
25 Kelty Hearts
26 Clyde
27 Peterhead
28 Stirling Albion
29 Dumbarton
30 Annan Athletic
31 East Fife
32 Forfar Athletic

Pot 5
33 Stenhousemuir
34 Stranraer
35 Bonnyrigg Rose
36 Elgin City
37 Albion Rovers
38 Brechin City
39 The Spartans
40 Cowdenbeath

Viaplay Cup dates 2023/24

Group stage
MD1: Weekend of July 15/16
MD2: Midweek of July 18/19
MD3: Weekend of July 22/23
MD4: Midweek of July 25/26
MD5: Weekend of July 29/30

Second round
Weekend of August 19/20

Quarter-finals
Midweek of September 26-28

Semi-finals
Weekend of November 4/5

Final
Sunday December 17

22 minutes ago, Rasczak said:

Dundee, Airdieonians, Dumbarton and Bonnyrigg Rose.

Cheers, thought this was just your wish list at first 😎
Dumbarton and Bonnyrigg away please, so I can walk to one of them.

@RiG usually knows how this works... is it Dundee and Bonnyrigg at home?

Edited by TheMantis

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

Cheers, thought this was just your wish list at first 😎
Dumbarton and Bonnyrigg away please, so I can walk to one of them.

@RiG usually knows how this works... is it Dundee and Bonnyrigg at home?

To be honest I don't know but there did seem to be a pattern where the second seed played the first seed away in the last match of the round of fixtures but that didn't happen last season IIRC although we did play Livi away it wasn't the last match of the group.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dundee being one of the away games and knowing our luck it will probably be Airdrie away as well...

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Just played Dundee 4 times this season and minimum with airdrie next........its depressingly repetitive

I don’t like playing them either but don’t  worry it’s a new Dundee side, plus it’s only once this season.

When did we last play Airdrie? Wouldn’t mind 3 away trips there this year 👌

On 6/8/2023 at 9:10 PM, ICTPaisley said:

I don’t like playing them either but don’t  worry it’s a new Dundee side, plus it’s only once this season.

When did we last play Airdrie? Wouldn’t mind 3 away trips there this year 👌

Nerd alert - Pretty sure we haven’t played them since the CC Final in 2003. It’s the club in the SPFL we’ve gone longest without playing, not including Bonnyrigg 😇

Edited by TheMantis
  • Agree 1

I was thinking the same but just looked it up and it was actually 2009/10. The season we overhauled Dundee to win the title, Airdrie finished bottom. We got 3 wins and a draw against them.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I was thinking the same but just looked it up and it was actually 2009/10. The season we overhauled Dundee to win the title, Airdrie finished bottom. We got 3 wins and a draw against them.

Was one of them Tokelys 500th appearance? 

23 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Well I usually have a decent memory without having to look stuff up, but for all the great games in that season, I completely blanked the fact that Airdrie were even in the division. I see that we beat them 1-0 away with a Rooney pen, and I was there but can’t remember a thing 😂

On 6/9/2023 at 10:35 PM, TheMantis said:

Well I usually have a decent memory without having to look stuff up, but for all the great games in that season, I completely blanked the fact that Airdrie were even in the division. I see that we beat them 1-0 away with a Rooney pen, and I was there but can’t remember a thing 😂

That happens to me a lot.

• Funny 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 10:07 PM, Yngwie said:

So I had another look and I think Montrose are the SPFL club we are most overdue to play. July 2009 in the Challenge Cup.

• Like 1

I used to rely on Soccerbase dot com for all my stats but, at the moment, there are no Scottish football lists on there. Ok if you're Welsh though or anywhere else. Maybe they're having an update or something.

On 6/30/2023 at 8:01 AM, Gringo said:

I used to rely on Soccerbase dot com for all my stats but, at the moment, there are no Scottish football lists on there. Ok if you're Welsh though or anywhere else. Maybe they're having an update or something.

Soccerbase dot com now up to speed(ish) with Scottish football. This will help with my retention of the NPL Championship :ponder:

On 6/30/2023 at 7:39 PM, CaleyCanary said:

Thanks for the fixture post Wyness101 - spotted one that made my blood boil, away game at Dens on fekkin Viaplay!!!

I don't have Viaplay and never will. Ditched Sky (all channels) and BT Sport ages ago. My live football fix is wholly dependent on free view via BBC, ITV or theft. 

• Like 2