Caley Jags AND County in the SPL

Guest Murchie1

There's only room for one SPL team in the Highlands. Ross County had their chance to get into the SPL but blew it 2 seasons ago. And again this season.

ICT will now prosper to the detriment of Ross County, who will eventually slip down the divisions as their supporters desert them in favour of their local SPL team.

Elgin City will eventually overtake Ross County and may even reach the First Division some day.

But, like Aberdeen, Elgin City isn't really a Highland team.

(And Aberdeen is east of the Highland Boundary Fault. Not north!!)

Feckin wake up at the back there!!! The Highland Boundary fault cuts the coast at Stonehaven, Aberdeen is NORTH of Stonehaven. For Aberdeen to be east of the HBF it would be situated in the North Sea east of Stonehaven.

Guest kingkojak

is it not on the right?!?!

Feynoord - we are all well aware of the previous ground use at TCS - however these days that same ground boasts a nice new shiny stadium - whereas yours resembles a dump!

lighten up though eh - its just BANTER!

fer fecks sake - if you are gettin upset aboot the craic on here perhaps you should count yourself lucky you dinnae support either side of the old firm!

Guest Reefinweed

Never really regarded County as a Derby they were just the wee team where we got 3 easy points??

They were never really challenging for honours until the last few years in the Highland League so their wasn't the same rivalry as Elgin,now it would be great if they could get up the leagues.

**** County hope they go bust!!

Why are so many people against RC getting into SPL?,is it thought that we would suffer drop in revenue at the gate, or we would lose quality "local" talent to Dingwall?.

Or more worringly is it old fashioned we hate County nonsense?

Two North teams in SPL is quite attractive and brings more good footie to the Highlands!.

We have all seen the mess big derby clashes can inflict on Glasgow and Edinburgh,accompied by sectarianism and biggotry,I do not think the Highlands will deteriorate into that!.

What we will get is more SPL football on our doorstep plus the real "local derby" games.

Am I on or off the mark?

I just don't think the market for football in the highlands is that big. There's only room for 1 top class side and that's speaking as somebody who loves the derbies.

A few years ago when we were selling our best players and were struggling financially it looked like they might take over our position but it wasn't to be. We turned it around.

Hate C(o)unty? Don't be daft. We are bigger and better so they hate us. Bitterly. That's how it works. For 12 years now they've been trying all kinds of propaganda, eg HFA, inflated crowds etc, to talk themselves up. All this while throwing money at the problem but now the chickens have come home to roost. But for a couple of circumstances it would have been Elgin anyway.

Guest LiviLion

i have to say the county caley games i have been to are really good really friendly atmosphere drinkin in the same pubs i just like the highland way

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to see County in the SPL so we would have 2 Highland teams and the central belt teams would have to make the trip up the A9 EVERY week...but can't see them making it next season.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bonzo

County in the SPL?

Please don't make the dog laugh.

They're our neighbours - but they're a wee village team and are

much more likley to drop back to the Highland League than make it to the SPL.

Bless them.