ICT V MOTHERWELL - matchday thread

Scotty

[li]Discuss the game in this very thread right here  :004:[/li]
    [li]Get to the chatroom HERE[/li]
    [li]See the subs / bookings / report - after the game starts - HERE[/li]
    [li]At the game ? - Dont forget to vote in the POLL after the game has ended. HERE
    [/li]
    [li]See the stats etc by choosing today's game from  HERE[/li]
    [li]Audio from today's game .... HT Report  /  FT Report[/li]

LINEUPS

ICT

[attach=1]

MOTHERWELL

[attach=2]

Paatelainen having another stormer ......

setup goal that Duncan Dargo just scored  :003: :003: :003: :003:

edit: feckin commentators, Paatelainen set it up, Duncan drove it in and Dargo got the final touch ..... (or so it appears :))

I have a feeling in my bones that McBain will come on soon, possibly for Put-a-line-on  :024:

yup - fair shout - would also like to see (hear) Zander on !

Good team display in the first half but we were subjected to some exquisite rubbish in the second!! We played SO deep and just resorted to lumping the ball aimlessly up field  :020:

Was anyone else surprised by CC somewhat bizarre substitution? I can understand Dargo being taken off as he's had a virus this week but to put Hart up front with McBain wide right was odd to say the least

Still it's 3 points and we can't be relegated now  :025:

GOOD POINTS

The three we got today - after all, this is the results business.

Dargo's sharpness in front of goal.

That glorious move in the first half when Munro marauded forward and nearly laid on a goal for Hart.

Having a right back who can defend - McCaffrey was man of the match for me.

Our first clean sheet in bleeding ages.

Russell Duncan's defending (as usual)

That bloke in the main stand who kept shouting "we want four" even when it was 0-0!

BAD POINTS

The second half - a new cure for insomnia.

Russell Duncan's passing (as usual).

Bizarre substitution no. 1 - Bringing off Dargo for McBain and sticking Hart up top.

The lack of another substitution - when will you get a better chance to blood a youngster?

The people in the main stand who look horrified when anyone starts singing...

Some great stuff in the first half.  Some of the one touch passing was excellent.  And the wee flicks from Dargo and Rankin all seemed to come off.

Second half, pretty gash, though the game was already won.

I'm still trying to figure out Dargo's substitution. :017: I know he had a virus, but he was playing superbly, was on a hat-trick, looked full of running......then he gets replaced by McBain :017: :017: :017:

Dargo, Rankin, and Hastings were all superb. Dargo just shading MOTM IMO. I know the decision to stay or not is ultimately his, and I fear he's already made up his mind, but I do hope the club have moved heaven and earth to keep him here. I don't give a toss for wage structures, when someone's that good we should be offering them every last penny we can afford.

Marcus was a bit ****e, I've seen nothing yet from him to suggest he'll be a great signing. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

And 3800????????????????????? No  way :015: :015: :015:

Yep, the three points and a home win over a dismal Motherwell side were very weklcome. It all happened in the first half and as usual at the other end of the park. Dargo latched on to two balls and hey presto! two nil up and cruisin. We then produced the move of the season involving thirty four people, including the lineman, both managers, three people from behind the dugout, four ball boys, both sets of players, and a man walking his dog outside the stadium..............unfortunately Richie Hart curled his shot high and wide of the keepers right hand angle. Thus endeth the entertainment.

The second half was just going through the motions, with us giving Well the ball...........and them giving it back to us, to be honest it was not pretty, but if you were offered a two nil win in the Innes beforehand, you may well have chewed the arm off for it. Well were as poor a team as has been up here this year, Macdonald apart he did try but Dodsy was up to him.

MoM.....................nobody shone, the ref maybe for his first half performance and the man in the pie booth for quick service.

Patti did ok, not enough decent service, enigma Duncan was just that????? Fraser untroubled, Caff ok, Dods ok, Munro ok, Hastings ok, Hart better than ok, Duncan ok I suppose, Rankin ok, patti ok+, Bayne ok+ and Dargo.....you can't take away his goals for us record has to scrape a plus as well. The whole Motherwell team were a B minus.

Strange atmosphere these games, even the drummer was silent, performing mime solos on the drums just does not work.........sort it out...........C A L E Y clap clap clap

Forgot to add, apart from the drummer being broken, McGarry copped a thumper of a volley in a nasty area much to the amusement of the North Stand..........well done for stopping the ball ya wee shite............retribution.

Good team display in the first half but we were subjected to some exquisite rubbish in the second!! We played SO deep and just resorted to lumping the ball aimlessly up field  :020:

Was anyone else surprised by CC somewhat bizarre substitution? I can understand Dargo being taken off as he's had a virus this week but to put Hart up front with McBain wide right was odd to say the least

Still it's 3 points and we can't be relegated now  :025:

I'm sure I've seen Richie play up front before and it could well be that CC is trying him out in that position. Although we want to win every game its also a good time to experiment with the players you know will be here next season.