ICT V MOTHERWELL - matchday thread

Scotty

' Having a right back who can defend - McCaffrey was man of the match for me.'

:015: :015: :015:  yer joking eh?

Caff aint no right back... he did ok but was turned too often and left for dead, his distribution was woefull, and he did not venture past halfway to support Hart, its a difference of opinions but do you think he is really a right back?

Markus did ok, but got no support when he got the ball, they just seemed to pass him the ball and stopped to see what he could do.

Bayne was good today, Dargs will be missed the most however and we will really struggle to get goals next season without him.

Sticking by my comment about Caff - I'm fed up of watching RossCo wheezing as he chugs up the wing, putting in the occasional cross which invariably fails to clear the first man, and then watching from the distance as our opponents counter attack into the area that he's vacated.

Caff offered virtually nothing in the way of an attacking threat, but to be honest RossCo doesn't offer much more.  And the number of left sided attackers who have run rings around him this season - Derek Riordan, Steven Naismith and Steven Fletcher come to mind - means that I was much more relaxed watching Caff dealing with trouble on that side.

If i may add, Caff is no right back, but we had no other options, he did ok.

Watching Tokely in the reserves the other night, he was way too good for anything the gers youngsters had to offer, he stood out as a class above the rest. He has to deal with the trickiest players from the opposition and he still has time to attack. I agree his crosses are not too good, but Hart and Rankin apart, we struggle to deliver the telling balls into the box.

Caff filled a space, I think he has something to offer us, maybe not as the main centre back, but as a sweeper or in front of a big boy. Personally, I thought Caff was posted missing a few times but no worries.

Something that has already been touched on, but today we got 3 points regardless of whatever went on out theregood or bad, its good to get the win. Darg's is back in town long live the King...... :021:

Good team display in the first half but we were subjected to some exquisite rubbish in the second!! We played SO deep and just resorted to lumping the ball aimlessly up field  :020:

Was anyone else surprised by CC somewhat bizarre substitution? I can understand Dargo being taken off as he's had a virus this week but to put Hart up front with McBain wide right was odd to say the least

Still it's 3 points and we can't be relegated now  :025:

I'm sure I've seen Richie play up front before and it could well be that CC is trying him out in that position. Although we want to win every game its also a good time to experiment with the players you know will be here next season.

No qualms about Hart playing up front, like you say he's played there before. More the fact that you take a striker off and replace him with a left sided midfielder on the right whilst you have 2 strikers on the bench  :006:

To sum up:

Delighted with the three points !

First half entertaining.....second half mince !

If Hart had scored it would've been goal of the season !

Substitution....still trying to work that one out? Dargo off replaced by Mcbain who went to right wing with Hart pushed up front ? (Hart is no finisher....as highlighted by his earlier miss)....or was it a 4-5-1 to consolidate? still not sure. I hate to think what would've happened had 'well equalised !!

3800.....aye right !!!

Who's going to tinksville next sat to see tinks rele'd ?? :004:

Who's going to tinksville next sat to see tinks rele'd ?? :004:

It gives me  no pleasure to see County go down.

Am I the only one who thought Dargo below par? Yes, he took his goals well, but his pace and passing were sloppy. He will be hard to replace if he goes, but not impossible.

Hastings was for me MOM by a mile...v glad he is staying for his 30 pieces of silver.

fromsneck

I also thought he was a bit anonymous, but hey we cannae fault his ability to get the goals out of nothing.

I would also rather see Dingwall stay up..........(are we the same person?)

Aye, you had a coughing fit and **** nearly woke me up.... :015:

Yon drummer was a bit timid, seemed scared to hit the bloody thing, as soon as we prompted him most peeps joined in with the chant..

themann4thejob...u knw it was me.lol.and caley100 you can get lost.that was me and a mate hitting the backboard.we are going be singing more in the dunfermilne game and taking a drum so i hope everyone will join in and actually get an atmosphere 4 once this season(in the home end)

Wasn't at this one but looking at what was on the bench, and the fact that Dargs wasn't comfortable to go on, I dont think there was really much choice but to put Richie up front and Roy on the right. Look at the team list and tell me what you lot would have done. Bearing in mind that you've all but sent McSwegan into retirement and you lot think Rory totally inept. Maybe Zander could have come in instead of Roy but I think he's better on the left.

If we are saying 'give youth a chance' then it might have been an idea to give Stuart Soane a spell in midfield or to see how it would have gone with Markus on the left and Zander on the right with Richie Hart pushing into an attacking central midfield role.

My preference would have been to have Zander on and tell both him and Markus to run at the opposition every chance they got. Markus seems to do that well in the games he has been involved in and Zander did it in the few games he was on the park for .... Having both of them do it in the same game against an opposition that was mediocre - on the day - might have caused havoc in the opposition defence. It wouldnt work for every game, but it just might have done for this one.

It might even have been the right game to put Rory and/or McSwegan on the park. The damage was done, Well didnt look like coming back into it, and maybe one or both of them could have grabbed a confidence-boosting goal.

In any event, we cant complain too much as we got all three points and points certainly make prizes (or higher prize money) in the SPL !!!  I can only imagine the slagging CC would have got had he taken on Zander, Rory and McSwegan and we had gone on to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory ....

Now that we are mathematically safe from relegation perhaps CC might be tempted to be a little more adventurous in selecting one or more of the youngsters for each game but with 70k between each finishing spot, I would be happy enough if he chose not to and we do what we did last year and win our final 5 ......

themann4thejob...u knw it was me.lol.and caley100 you can get lost.that was me and a mate hitting the backboard.we are going be singing more in the dunfermilne game and taking a drum so i hope everyone will join in and actually get an atmosphere 4 once this season(in the home end)

Eh? what did i do?