County 1-0 UP

Lovely day weatherwise but it was poor fair on the park. Gretna will have to spend big bucks this summer I think as they looked pretty average on todays showing but maybe that was nerves.

Big crowd there today as well you wonder where they are week in week out

Alan Morgan was that bad he got hooked at half time. Another player away in the summer I think

Guest birdog

Sad day for Highland and ultimately ICT football.

I'm sure when county go out of business ICT will benifit from almost exclusive use of the training academy, mind you it never did the tinks much good now, did it?  :rotflmao:

Actually quite enjoyed the County v Gretna match today. Thought it was quite an exciting game of football with some pretty good goals. Standard was way below what we are used to at the Caledonian Stadium though. It was also good to be able to stand on terracing once again. Oh the joys of lower league football!!

Spotted ICT shirts at both ends of the stadium - although there were more at the Gretna end. Some of our lads seemed to be having a real celebration as they invaded the pitch at the final whistle too. How unsporting to our poor neighbours from Dingwall :014:

As for the 6,000 something crowd - seems like County are still counting the eyes rather than the heads!!

I'm sure there was someone on here saying we should sign Samson as a keeper when that  bloke ( I forget his name) joined Celtic  :015:

He is possibly the worst goalie ever. Today none of his defenders trusted him enough o give him a back pass they would rather boot it out of play. I'm sure he was a major factor i there relegation

St Johnstone deserved to win the league and they might have if Couny had a clue - they had several chances in the second half but blew all but 1. Gretna will offer little to the SPL and I hope they go straight back down

An exciting game, even if the standard wasn't up to much. Thought County were the better team to be honest, and unless Gretna make plenty of signings in the summer it's going to be one season only for them. The last 20 minutes were great. Gretna had 5 up front in the last 10, but it didn't look like they were going to do it. Fair play to them though.

I'd gone along not really sure what result I wanted, but I've got to say, from an excitement level, it was fantastic being in the Gretna end when Grady scored. I can't imagine what it must've felt like for an actual Gretna fan!

Oh, didn't think much of Cowie, hopefully that was a poor game for him. County's no.7 was their best player and scored a cracker of a first goal.

And no way was there 6000 there!!

And I agree, it brought back real memories of our day a few years back. And it was really nice to be back on the terracing too.

I don't think either team deserved to win but County could have if they had a team spirit rather than a bunch of glory hunters. Cowie actually had a good game today compared to the last few times I've seen him which may not bode well for us - don't see where he can fit into the the team - he just isn't a wide right midfielder  :007:

Is the boy Gardyne (No.7) not on loan from celtic or somethin ?  :007: certainly deserved his motm.

I was sat in the county stand......strange experience.......the rash is just starting to disappear now, 8 hours after the game !!!! :003:

Still, did make me think how much I miss the wee trip up to tinkwall for the local derby clash !!!

Deeply disappointed on two counts...

The tinks going down is not good for Highland football and I hope they get their act together for a quick promotion.

And Gretna coming up instead of St Johnstone is not going to be good for the SPL.  Their performances over the last couple of months have shown how poor they really are. Just shows how important it is to rack up the points in the first quarter of the season!

Gretna have nothing to offer and a poor fan base - no matter how nice folk they might be. My main worry is that they'll have such a poor season they will become a laughing stock and harm the lobby to extend the size of the SPL.

I hope I'm wrong but St Johnstone would have been a much better prospect.

Who gives a feck about County.  The fact that we are in the SPL while they languish in the lower leagues playing Berwick and Brechin means that we will be more attractive to sponsors.  Let's hope Pele manages to administer a few thrashings next season.