singin in the rain

TopSix

I'm not sure how many ppl agree with this but the lack of noise at the TCS is deafening. The last home game I was at a me and a few of the boys were doing a bit of singing and trying to create an atmosphere.  We were told by an over zealous steward on a bit of a power trip to sit down and shut up as we "were in the family stand".  Is the whole of the North Stand a family stand!?  I know Christie's made this point about the lack of atmosphere and noise but surely the club can tell these stewards to get it sorted out...  :018:

[admin edit: removed horrendous font/colouring - also - see singing section thread !!]

[glow=red,2,300][/glow]It's old school colours... The point is we were going to be chucked out of the ground.  Only ever seem to get this puritanical treatment at the TCS... No other ground in Scotland has stewards like ours. 

Well I take it you'll be joining the 'singing section' on Saturday then.  No complaints about noise and if it's a success there will be a permanent singing section for next season.  So have a look at the 'singing section' thread for more info and join in with the noise on Saturday.

Guest Arab4Ever

utd stewards in the home end are mostly supporters so they are usually sound. have heard the ones in the away ends are tools though. there are quite a few tools in the away stand at the TCS though. they constantly moan about standing up but when we eventually do there is inevitably someone who shouts "stand up if you hate dundee" and then its all back to square one. :crazy07:

on the last day of the season a few seasons ago one of your fans complained to the police about the language in our songs and the stewards came over and had a go at us. :015: its a football match, if you cant handle bad language your at the wrong place :014:

Guest Arab4Ever

im going to avoid answering that question because i know fine well any answer i give will be wrong.

il turn it round though, have you ever sworn at a football match? if not, how many games have you been to?

Yes I have, but I am always conscious of who is around me and would never sing or shout anything abusive if there are kids. Whenever I have sworn it is always in the heat of the moment, say, for example, the ref makes a bad decision against us. I would never sing a song with bad language in it though.

Guest Arab4Ever

Yes I have, but I am always conscious of who is around me and would never sing or shout anything abusive if there are kids. Whenever I have sworn it is always in the heat of the moment, say, for example, the ref makes a bad decision against us. I would never sing a song with bad language in it though.

If you shout something then inevitably there will be kids listening whether you check or not. A shout can carry a long way and even players have said they can hear them. Given those circumstances I think its strange you were so quick to critisize me when its clear you swear at football too.

I dont see any difference in swearing at a ref or singing with bad language either. In fact surely swearing at people is worse?

With it being in the heat of the moment, though, it's not something I consciously do, it's just borne out of frustration. I never swear at an individual. I certainly would not sing songs I know contain bad language.

Here is the new anthem, discovered on Saturday

We were singing in the rain

Just singing in the rain

If the stewards would let us

We'll sing it again

What a glorious feeling

To stand up and sing

just singing...........singing in the rain.

Heres my favourite from Saturday

Sit down for the Caley Jags