The Highland March Regiment

Yompa

It occurred to me that with HM4 fast approaching, I should clarify who's who within the regiment. Ther are two battalions, Gringo and Yompa, and troops are ranked by experience. Within the battalions, there are infantry and transport. Officer status is achieved by collecting HM miles... :P

In order to keep things simple, completing any leg of an HM qualifies a marcher for half an HM

The ranks are then based on half and full HMs:

Previous HMs.....Rank

0= Private

0.5= Corporal

1= Sergeant

1.5= Staff Sergeant

2 or 2.5= Lieutenant

3 or 3.5= Captain

4 or 4.5= Major

5 or 5.5= Colonel

6 or more= Brigadier

The full regiment, in order of rank, going into HM4 is

Captain Yompa

Captain Gringo Junior

Lieutenant Gringo

Lieutenant Dozza

Lieutenant Col

Staff Sergeant Caley Canary

Staff Sergeant Froin

Sergeant Bee

Sergeant Mrs Bee

Sergeant Brew XI

Corporal Bronson

Corporal Elvis

Corporal Shennachie

Corporal Seoras

Corporal Radio Caroline

Corporal ITN Junior

Corporal Caleyceutical

Corporal Uncle Mike

Corporal Uncle Albert

By the time we get to Dunfermline, the above list will hopefully be updated to include Major Yompa, Major Gringo Junior, Captain Gringo, Lieutenant Caley Canary, Sergeant EGG, Sergeant Beatonio and Sergeant Caley D. It is rumoured that the regiment may also include Corporal Lauraness and Corporal CCC but we'll see who turns up on the Sunday morning... 8am start from TCS, remember girls! :wink:

Looks like i'll have the pleasure again this year Gringers, if only for one day :D

Superb - you'll be able to give G Jnr a piggy-back over Slochd... :lol:

I was just watching these poor bustuds on the telly doing their London Marathon under the watchful eye of Sally Gunnell et al. Now if those folk bought a tear to your eye, consider for a moment that your average HMer is doing a marathon a day for week... while yer average Yompa is doing three marathons on day one and another couple on day two.

That's why we want y'all to dig deep into yer pockets to support the HM, the MFR Charity and Team ICT!

8)

I was just watching these poor bustuds on the telly doing their London Marathon under the watchful eye of Sally Gunnell et al. Now if those folk bought a tear to your eye, consider for a moment that your average HMer is doing a marathon a day for week... while yer average Yompa is doing three marathons on day one and another couple on day two.

That's why we want y'all to dig deep into yer pockets to support the HM, the MFR Charity and Team ICT!

8)

I new there was another motive for that speach