ICT V DAFC Game Thread

Pele_Is_God

Hastings just scored :)

sorry for the lack of updates today - just got internet service back - its been down since 7am this morning  :008:

I'm almost embarrassed we won that game cos I'm not sure we deserved it. Still they say the luck even's itself out throughout the season and we got 2 HUGE slices of it today with De Vries howler and the big deflection on Rory's shot. Fair play to Charlie for making the move to go 3 at the back although I'm not sure that really paid a part in us knicking the points

Good crowd today but was it really 6,400?? Most of the action seemed to be off the park with the regular eviction of fans from the singing section although I'm not exactly sure why? Maybe they were the worst singers?  :017:

On a sour note who let all those balloons onto the pitch at half time? If  one of them had hit Roy McBain he could have been seriously injured  :023:  :023: :023:

We really didn't deserve to win that, but Dunfermline, and De Vries in particular, got their come-uppance for ruining the game with their time wasting.  If they'd had any sense they'd have got on with it and thumped us.

As said above, great away support. 

Liked Drew Herbertson's quip to Stephen Kenny after Scott Wilsons abortive appeal cost the Pars £1,000 'Thanks for the donation!'

A bit of a co-incidence that Dunfermline secured promotion to the SPL in the Caledonian stadium and a little sad they lost it at the same place.

Guest Arab4Ever

do you think the photographer may have a wee snap shot of McManus greeting his eyes out after his team is relegated? I am hoping to make a collage :015:

I thought we bossed the game in the main and thoroughly deserved to beat them. I take little pleasure in the Pars going down, they had a whole season to sort it out, but it unfortunately came down to this game as Saints came back from the dead against a pish poor Well. Thats hardly our fault. To the game and I will not comment about the shambolic stewarding/policing/ineptitudity

We deserved to win and for me, Tokely was man of the match, not because of his 400th appearance but because he stopped Pars most times they threatened, great game big boy and well done for the milestone reached. Richie Hart also showed plenty of drive going forward and showed up well. Rory when thrown on looked hungry and the usual suspects displayed the usual traits. Dods Hastings Granty solid at the back. Blackie was comfortable but missing by the fact I don't think he got booked. Roy boy did ok plus, Bayne busy as usual Dargo......hold on, is he working his ticket, not too impressive, but what do I know.

Bazza, well I think it was him, certainly wore the number seven, but his hair was odd, came on and did his bit. Zander came on too, but was not prominent although he did nothing wrong. Mikey dropped one but Rossco I think mopped up, otherwise comfortable display by a confident young keeper.

Well done ICT, sorry Dunfy, don't blame us fot your early season tripe.

Yes, I thought the team played a good attacking game and I was delighted to see young Sutherland get a chance and also to see Rory score the winning goal (revenge for Dunfermline beating us in the Cup semi-final 3 years ago). Ritchie Hart was his usual forward-going self but tended to run out of ideas as he approached the penalty box. Barry had a good game when he came on - apart from the occasional 'blond-moment'.

Well done lads. Another 3 points in the bag!!  :clapping03:

Guest Reading Saint

Inverness Caley - I want to applaud your integrity and salute your indefatigability!!!!

Unfortunately I will be abroad next Saturday, so not at Love St, but the next time I meet any resident from Inverness,  I will buy him a large one.

Good on youse and FTOF !!!!!

Guest theflamehaired1

Overheard at the end of the game:

"How embarrassed must they be now?"

"I know, going down 'cos of a Rory goal."

:rotflmao:

With TM4TJ about Dunfermline getting relegated, but hey, their good run wa sstarted by beating us 3-1 a few weeks ago, so it was up to us to end it. I hope we do Smirrne, as I would dearly like to top the Arabs, even if the 7th place is a dream now.

7th isn't a dream, it's impossible.