English Based Striker

davieB

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intertesing if true. I doubt we can match League 1 wages so makes you wonder if he hasn't cut the mustard at that level. Time will tell - at least it's SOME transfer news  :rolleyes02:

I may be completely wide of the mark here but I would suggest that he's likely to be a Scottish player looking for a move back to the SPL.  Looking at the clubs in League 1 the one Scottish striker that stands out is Tom Brighton at Millwall.  I don't think he's really set the heather alight down there since his move from Clyde.

You never know.......

I bet he's Eastern European and our Polish connections found him. And Looking in England now are we, stunning piece of imagination.

In my opinion, we should have been looking for another striker long time ago, even if Dargo did stay. 

'Attempts by Christie and Bennett to bring in new talent may have failed to bear fruit so far, but the latter confirmed the club were hopeful of putting together a deal over the weekend to sign an England-based striker.

The player in question currently plies his trade in League One south of the border and tentative discussions are understood to have taken place between Caley Thistle, the player's club and his agent.

Bennett, however, would not reveal the identity of the forward. A fee may be involved should the player agree personal terms.

Inverness are also still keeping tabs on an experienced SPL defender, but any move for the player may have to be put on hold as his current employers are themselves waiting on the outcome of possible transfers before deciding whether or not to sell.'

That's the full bit from the Courier. Wonder who the defender is as well? :024:

I think the striker is probably someone wanting to come back as well. Can't see it being Duffy though!

Guest Arab4Ever

could be this guy,

=http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/SPORTF01.html

he has been offered a contract from a scottish team which is believed to be from utd although it could be any of a number of teams. the press are probably simply putting 2 and 2 together as levein said the other day he had offered an english based striker a deal. mind you as he is valued at 700k  (any scottish team would get him for free however) and scored 22 goals last season that surely puts him out of boths teams reach in theory.

Had a near fecking heart attack going to the league one BBC Page :rotflmao: Cherries (Bournemouth) Sign Kuffour !!! that page needs a warning sign before entering :016:

Not sure who we would get from that league being honest, especially if they are free to us. I know that sounds crazy but the names being dredged up by folk, Eoin Jess :017: Andy Kirk :017: hardly sets the heather on fire does it?

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Eoin Jess at his peak was THE best Scottish player bar none. His best years are obviously behind him -  but if he could still cut it for a team like Nottingham Forest he must still have some quality. And the big name factor would be good for ticket sales and the profile of the club.

Is Andy Kirk a former Hearts player? If its the same guy I'm thinking of he'd be a superb signing.

Eoin Jess at his peak was THE best Scottish player bar none. His best years are obviously behind him -  but if he could still cut it for a team like Nottingham Forest he must still have some quality. And the big name factor would be good for ticket sales and the profile of the club.

Nothing to do with his former team-mate at Northampton, Colin Calderwood being manager and Jess as a player/coach then :002:

Jess Quits Playing Career to Become Coach

Think that rules him out :003:

The Arabs man was Willow Flood - Porter IS the ICT target - his parents live 2 doors from ma mother-in-law in Wigun and they have sought my advice.

As fer the defender - experienced SPL yes but not currently attached to an SPL club.  :004:

One who, IMHO, was above Par last season.