English Based Striker

davieB

I am reliably informed that these two names have been added to McPake, Elliott, Webb and John Kennedy (loan) in our summer shopping list.

I am rarely wrong although I am concerned that Colin Hendry may attract them - I knew the teacup was rite when it declared that old Braveheart was coming home.  :003:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am reliably informed that these two names have been added to McPake, Elliott, Webb and John Kennedy (loan) in our summer shopping list.

McPake and Webb have already been ruled out due to there lack of experience. Can't see Elliot coming here on loan and much as I'd like to see Kennedy here for a season I think the lad Cuthbert you mentioned a while back is more likely although doubtful. So perhaps 0/1 out of 4 predictictions right this time - maybe new tea required?  :004:

That Porter lad is valued at £700,000 by Oldham but will be available for free if he joins a club outwith England. Hope he isn't our target cause Dundee United want him badly

My revelations were that we were showing interest in signing them - and I have been spot on so far, despite remonstrations from some areas. McPake and Webb are players fer the future and more squad additions - which we need. Having seen Porter play I hope he does come to Sneck - the comparability to Dargo is clear.

TTA consider their footballing future

By Dave Moore Saturday 23rd June 2007

owners "seriously disillusioned" with Porter saga

TTA (The Three Amigos) are considering their future in football after another Chris Porter transfer revelation makes the rounds. Porter's agent, rumoured to be a thorn in every deal associated with Porter, has informed the club that his client has now received an offer from a Scottish team. A loophole in compensation laws considers that Scotland counts as a cross border transfer and as such would leave Athletic peniless. The club were looking at a minimum of £700,000 from any potential transfer if Porter was to move to an English team. The speculation could put a hold on all incoming transfer deals and the club are asking Porter to show some loyalty and do the right thing.

The two Simons (Blitz and Corney) confess that they are "seriously disillusioned" with the events and Mr. Corney went on to say, "There is nothing to stop Chris going to a different league, playing for one season and then being sold back for a fee which should morally be ours. We signed Chris as a young player and improved his game over the last two years, and we feel we're owed some loyalty. It would change all our plans for next season if there was no money coming in, and frankly just the threat he might do it is sickening enough. Next season was the time we wanted to make inroads into our debt as we can't keep on losing large amounts of money. We offered Chris a very good contract and we still want him to stay, but we knew, or thought we did, that if he went we'd have money to spend on new players. If that isn't the case, then what happens next? We've no choice but to stop all signings until we know whether our best asset is leaving for nothing."

The Porter situation not only leaves the club owners disillusioned but also the lifeblood of the club - the fans. The vast majority of the Latics following have great respect and admiration for TTA, for without them there might be no club today. They have always been transparent in their dealings but it would cast a huge cloud over Boundary Park if they were to desert the club at this crucial stage of their development. Recent dealing with the likes of Chris Moore and Iain Dowie has left the Oldham public suspicious of big-time Johnnies who lie and cheat just to line their own pockets.

Guest Arab4Ever

The Arabs man was Willow Flood - Porter IS the ICT target - his parents live 2 doors from ma mother-in-law in Wigun and they have sought my advice

are you joking?

TTA consider their footballing future

By Dave Moore Saturday 23rd June 2007

owners "seriously disillusioned" with Porter saga

TTA (The Three Amigos) are considering their future in football after another Chris Porter transfer revelation makes the rounds. Porter's agent, rumoured to be a thorn in every deal associated with Porter, has informed the club that his client has now received an offer from a Scottish team. A loophole in compensation laws considers that Scotland counts as a cross border transfer and as such would leave Athletic peniless. The club were looking at a minimum of £700,000 from any potential transfer if Porter was to move to an English team. The speculation could put a hold on all incoming transfer deals and the club are asking Porter to show some loyalty and do the right thing.

The two Simons (Blitz and Corney) confess that they are "seriously disillusioned" with the events and Mr. Corney went on to say, "There is nothing to stop Chris going to a different league, playing for one season and then being sold back for a fee which should morally be ours. We signed Chris as a young player and improved his game over the last two years, and we feel we're owed some loyalty. It would change all our plans for next season if there was no money coming in, and frankly just the threat he might do it is sickening enough. Next season was the time we wanted to make inroads into our debt as we can't keep on losing large amounts of money. We offered Chris a very good contract and we still want him to stay, but we knew, or thought we did, that if he went we'd have money to spend on new players. If that isn't the case, then what happens next? We've no choice but to stop all signings until we know whether our best asset is leaving for nothing."

The Porter situation not only leaves the club owners disillusioned but also the lifeblood of the club - the fans. The vast majority of the Latics following have great respect and admiration for TTA, for without them there might be no club today. They have always been transparent in their dealings but it would cast a huge cloud over Boundary Park if they were to desert the club at this crucial stage of their development. Recent dealing with the likes of Chris Moore and Iain Dowie has left the Oldham public suspicious of big-time Johnnies who lie and cheat just to line their own pockets.

Dundee United Target Player

Like I said I hope he isn't our target otherwise we'll be missing out again  :rolleyes02:

The Arabs man was Willow Flood - Porter IS the ICT target - his parents live 2 doors from ma mother-in-law in Wigun and they have sought my advice

are you joking?

Chris Porter is Wigun born and bred. He is a lovely lad and he asked his parents about Sneck as he knows I come to the games. Since it was known about his out of England fee he has had several offers from the SPL - including the Arabs and ICT. I am actually going to meet him at a christening in Ashton in Makerfield this Sunday and I will be doing my best fer ICT.

Oh and the wean is being baptised in a potato pie shaped font.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Guest Arab4Ever

make sure to report back with the inside info :022:

any idea what other clubs have made offers? wouldnt be surprised to see rangers make a sneaky one to be honest. sounds well out of ict/utd league as well

Guest samuelbarros

Apparently, it's a Gillinghman player and he's black. Looking at the Gillingham squad, that narrows it down to about 3 guys - Delroy Facey, Dean MacDonald and Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu.

Gilligham also have a coloured chap (Latino skin-tone) called Luis Cumbers and here he is...cue cumbers: 0,,10416~3013608,00.jpg

Guest samuelbarros

:015: I think it's probably easier to say than it looks.

I'm sure the new Caley singing section could come up with some great chants that incorporate Ndumbu-Nsungu.

Gilligham also have a coloured chap (Latino skin-tone) called Luis Cumbers and here he is...cue cumbers: 0,,10416~3013608,00.jpg

:015: :015: :015: :015:

Make up a few songs about cue-cumbers too !

Guest Big_Vinnie

My neighbour plays for Inverness & all he's heard was that ICT are chasing a coloured player from Englands lower leagues. He was saying the deals stumbling on (at the moment) over who pays for the flights back down south, terms are almost agreed.

He has no idea who the player is but grassa said it will be a massive coop for the club if they get him.

Guest Arab4Ever

He certainly sounds a promising player. IF grassa pulls this off he would deserve a lot of credit that's for sure.

would it be ICTs first black player? excluding ashikodi/ fetai/ namouchi or who ever it was from rangers on loan