English Based Striker

davieB

He certainly sounds a promising player. IF grassa pulls this off he would deserve a lot of credit that's for sure.

would it be ICTs first black player? excluding ashikodi/ fetai/ namouchi or who ever it was from rangers on loan

to answer the question, yes he would be, but to be honest, I (and most other ICT fans) would be more interested in his ability than anything else ........

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Arab4Ever

ArabforEver what the **** does it matter?

Jeez some people are truly paranoid about "racism". If I asked if he was your first player to be homosexual or to be say Cambodian you wouldnt have batted an eye lid. You are the one drawing attention to it. Simple question and absolutely no different from asking if he has ginger hair - and it only matters through interest. So does that make me a dirty arab racist *******?

Guest Arab4Ever

He certainly sounds a promising player. IF grassa pulls this off he would deserve a lot of credit that's for sure.

would it be ICTs first black player? excluding ashikodi/ fetai/ namouchi or who ever it was from rangers on loan

to answer the question, yes he would be, but to be honest, I (and most other ICT fans) would be more interested in his ability than anything else ........

as would most football fans of course

I'm pretty sure that we've had a black youth player, I seem to remember ymip posting about him on here?

Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu has played for a few clubs in his career and is a Congo U21 internationalist.

Delroy Facey just signed for Gillingham.

That Cumbers guy has only played one game for Gillingham.

You're almost right Chris.  There was a young black guy who'd been released by Man City up on trial for a couple of weeks several years back.  I forget his name but I think he might have played a couple of reserve games but was never near the first team.

Guest Big_Vinnie

What do you mean that the deal is stumbling over who pays for flights back south ? Surely the guy isn't going to commute !

I wouldn't have thought so but he wants to fly home every couple of weeks for a few days. Probably means he isn't planning to move up here (to live full time) straight away

Is there any chance we could just sign a player and THEN announce it to the press?

The problem is that you would then have certain fans moaning on about there being no activity in the market.

The club cant really win :029:

Guest Arab4Ever

looks like your attempts could be futile howden ender. hopefully...

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2007/06...ry9908267t0.asp

United Miss Out

Nae luck for United  :blah01:

nae luck for losing your 2 best players in as many weeks :blah01:

levein has his **** together though, he knew he was unlikely to sign porter so made an example of him - if players are dedicated to sign with utd by a deadline then he isnt interested in them.

looks like your attempts could be futile howden ender. hopefully...

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2007/06...ry9908267t0.asp

United Miss Out

Nae luck for United  :blah01:

nae luck for losing your 2 best players in as many weeks :blah01:

levein has his **** together though, he knew he was unlikely to sign porter so made an example of him - if players are dedicated to sign with utd by a deadline then he isnt interested in them.

Its agents who talk to the press, not the clubs.

I must have missed CC admitting throughout all of January about signing Cowie and last year banging on about Rankin then?

According to today's P & J, Charlie Chritie is hopeful of finalising the signing of Dean McDonald within the next 24 hours. The delay is apparently due to the Gillingham chairman being absent on holiday.

Good stuff - he looks decent from the video so fingers crossed  :003: