'Inverness hold Niculae talks'

Libero

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marius still lives in Romania, I am the one with the Romanian connections, I was in Romania last week and took him across for the meeting this week, he is s great lad that wants to do well for ICT provided a deal can be done.

Aye... ?   well done! hope you persuaded him its not all about money...

Guest stevico64

To be honest it is not all about money he was offered a huge deal in Turkey but wants to showcase himself in the UK, but of course the money has to be right for him as well

Guest TinCanFan

It says on a Romanian site that he wants to come to Scotland and the site mentions Livingston and Aberdeen but I don't speak Romanian so I don't know exactly what it says.

Guest stevico64

no idea where the livi one came from but we flew into aberdeen so thats probably where that came from

To be honest it is not all about money he was offered a huge deal in Turkey but wants to showcase himself in the UK, but of course the money has to be right for him as well

so my previous post was pretty much spot on then ?

Guest stevico64

yes scotty, bang on the guy knows he has the ability and if he can help ICT for a season or so why not.

In essence he has still a lot to prove, his career has stalled somewhat in recent years so he will be out to prove a point to doubters, whoever they may be, and win a premiership move and big money....fair enough.

:029:

To55er on P&B posted it as a quote from the Express and I believed it, until I checked the paper.:getmecoat:

:018: Excuse me?

Before you start immature name calling you might want to check your facts. It did indeed have an article in the Scottish Daily Express about Nicolae, the quote from P&B said:

The figure quoted seems astronomical compared to recent wage limits quoted in the press however Grassa did claim that Dargo's final offer was the largest the club had ever offered and was comparable with anything an SPL club could offer outwith the Old Firm.

the article in todays Daily Express actually says:

'Niculae claims his deal at Inverness will net him £5500-a-week, although that would break Caley's tight wage structure.'

It will be interesting to see how this develops.....

Do you think i'd make something like that up? If it is a load of pish then dont blame me, blame the journalist and keep your petty name calling to yourself!

Have to agree with 4th stand

We've done reasonably well to keep away from moaning PD's unlike others i.e. United, Rangers

However as of yet I don't see any proof of him being a prima donna, I think its more that hes probably used to much more than the £5000 pw were rumoured to be offering at his previous teams and is probably being asked to take a huge pay cut by wereselves. Its all about the two parties finding a compromise, be that a better signing on fee, or  buy out clause in his contract etc etc.

Let's face it it's HIGHLY unlikely we'll get this guy but the club should be applauded for at least trying.

It's brought a great deal of positive publicity the clubs way and shows we are at least heading in the right direction  :clapping03:

Now let's try and find a quality defender  :022:

To55er on P&B posted it as a quote from the Express and I believed it, until I checked the paper.:getmecoat:

Before you start immature name calling you might want to check your facts.  It did indeed have an article in the Scottish Daily Express about Nicolae, the quote from P&B said:

The figure quoted seems astronomical compared to recent wage limits quoted in the press however Grassa did claim that Dargo's final offer was the largest the club had ever offered and was comparable with anything an SPL club could offer outwith the Old Firm.

'Niculae claims his deal at Inverness will net him £5500-a-week, although that would break Caley's tight wage structure.'

Do you think i'd make something like that up? If it is a load of pish then dont blame me, blame the journalist and keep your petty name calling to yourself!

:hiding03:

My humblest apologies, however I subscribed for the e-edition of aforementioned publication to check and it's not there. I suppose the Scottish Daily Express doesn't link to their website.  :moon02:

Before you start immature name calling you might want to check your facts.  It did indeed have an article in the Scottish Daily Express about Nicolae, the quote from P&B said:

:hiding03:

My humblest apologies, however I subscribed for the e-edition of aforementioned publication to check and it's not there. I suppose the Scottish Daily Express doesn't link to their website.  :moon02:

Thats not my fault is it?

All be it question my source if i come out with something suprising that you may not believe but dont call me a to55er for it  :018:

Should think so! I'll let you off on this occasion however i might not be so accomodating next time  :tic01: ha ha

anyways, as mentioned above its highly unlikely that the guy will sign anyway, still more important positions to strengthen, like the fact we have very few quality defenders on our books!

There is nothing more concrete in any of the articles today than available yesterday. We have made him an offer, he is thinking about it... he may sign, he may not. The article in the P&J is just a rehash of comments made yesterday with a "hopes fading slant"

I personally doubt that he will sign (ever the pessimist) but you never know.

anyways, as mentioned above its highly unlikely that the guy will sign anyway, still more important positions to strengthen, like the fact we have very few quality defenders on our books!

Very true, i would assume that CC and GB will be working behind the scenes on that one, this mysterious frenchman and one of the Austrians were defenders, so according to GB they are still looking to sign an experienced defender and striker.