ICT v Dundee Utd

ictrmd

Inverness CT: Brown, Tokely, Dods, Hastings, Golabek, Wilson, Hart, Keogh, McBain, Dargo, Wyness

Subs: Fraser, McCaffrey, Bayne, Parratt, Morgan, McAllister, Sutherland

Dundee Utd: Samson, McCracken, Archibald, Ritchie, Gardiner, Duff, Kerr, Brebner, Mulgrew, Samuel, Robertson

Subs: McLean, Kenneth, Cameron, Callaghan, Abbot, Easton, Goodwillie

Referee: M Tumilty (Scotland)

No Duncan or Munro in the squad at all, are they injured? I presume Hastings will play centre back, no idea why Caff isn't starting if thats the case.

Ha Ha! Livvy will be playing C%*nty nrxt season! Can't see a way of Livvy surviving.

I'm getting fed up of the commentators going on about players moving to Scumdee United. Hopefully the board will be able to get them to sign contracts that would secure their services for the seasons after next.

The expression on the players faces at the end said it all. :D

You would have thought that they had just won the world cup. lol Getting one over their former manager seems to mean a lot to them

Yep. very poor game, not for the lack of trying, the wind was horrendous, I jumped off the Kessock bridge on the way home and landed on Nairn beach.

We probably deserved that wee break as we had come closest to scoring, but chances were at a premium. Hart as said above had the best opportunity of the first half, Samson diving low to his right to turn it round the post. Richie went for accuracy instead of the usual batter into row Z, so he got it right but decent save from the keeper. United were not really threatening, and Dodsy Machine was reasonably comfortable, although Golly tried his best to undo the good work with a string of misplaced passes, although the weather was not conducive to silky football. (us and silky football, ha) Second half we sat in and did not exactly set the heather on fire, although we still looked the most likely to score when we bothered to wander up the park. Dargo battled away on his own, Wyness was posted missing, and I am one of his biggest fans....literally, he needs to put himself about more, if not, can we afford this luxury. Great shame, he has all the talent that we would like to see here, but must up his workrate, go on Denzil, give us the old right foot scoop and double shuffle before slotting the ball home with a deft curling strike......dream on jobbie. He did manage to free himself once today, the first two parts executed perfectly, but the shot was like his workrate, feeble. However, onwards and upwards, who would take the game to Brew's bummers. Up steps the one and only.....Rossco.........beating player after player on a mazy run down the right, cutting inside .....I kid you not, this man deserves his own thread again, superb, unfortunately, the rest of the team were not up to Toklers talent and frittered away the chances he created for them. Bazza came more into the game, but the ball would not run for us in the box. Then, just when you need him most, Dargo pops up with another masterpiece for his Japanese CV. A goal made by himself and scored by himself. The defender dithered, Dargo harassed him, took the ball off his toes, skipped into the box and slotted the ball home from twelveish yards from the left side of the box.........relief all round, and a kick up the erse for all those spoilsports who were leaving the stadium in their droves with still ten minutes to go.

Brewster Brewster whats the score, we have just stuffed this really big club from down south again, why oh why any of our players would even contemplate crossing the divide to play with a bunch of losers is beyond me, lets hope it is beyond the likes of Dodsy, Broonie, Black and Dargoals.

All in all, three points, just what we wanted and another home win, and another one for Charlie to say, I told you so :blah:

Man of the match, there was only one winner, he did everything else but score..

Ross Tokely, was unanimous from all around me, so well done lads, and get it up you Brew.

edited cos my spelling was rubish :wink:

Poor game but what a finish :D

Rossco's reaction at the end of the game showed how much it meant to him, he also seemed to make a "that'll teach you for leaving us Brew" gesture to the way dugout when Dargo scored - nice one.

After them invading our pitch at the end of last season, that result was sweet :lol:

Not the best game and I agree with the other comments.

For me Dods and Hastings stood out, the latter's confidence has come on in leaps and bounds, and you always breathed easy when Dods got the ball.

Wilson impressed too - tremendous workrate but faded a bit towards the end. Dargo was always a threat, and Tokely, without doing anything particularly brilliant, was always there or thereabouts and epitomised the spirit of the team.

And that, incidentally, was the first ICT win I've seen this season, even although I've been to most home games. Just wish I lived a bit closer to Sneck though!

Good old Craig Dargo - you sent us all home happy when we expected to be going home feeling miserable after a pretty awful game. No sympathy for those who leave early - it's worth the traffic jam to see a fabulous late winner like that with only a few seconds on the clock.

It has been a long time since we have been able to celebrate a goal at the TCS. It has been a very much rarer experience to be able to celebrate a goal at the home end in particular. So thanks Craig. Your goal also makes up for that sitter missed earlier on by Morgan.

And for the other Craig - Craigy Brew - I have even less sympathy for you than for our part-time supporters. You might get more money at United but you seem to be getting a lot less league points!!