Marius Niculae Signs For ICT

kencar

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest samuelbarros

Interesting that Nick has apparently agreed to significantly reduce his wage demands. Perhaps no-one else really wanted him :023:.

Two year deal is good, too. If he does well in year 1, he (and Savage) are probably hoping Old Firm or Premiership come in for him and Savage will get his money back on a transfer fee.

Exciting times for ICT, though. Two established internationals on the books along with the existing blend of local lads...there's a nice feel to the way things are developing.

A couple of extra solid defenders and things will be sweet.

If Charlie teams up the diminutive Deano with new signing Niculae will our strike force be called Nik (&) Nak ?? ..... Nic(ulae) just signed, and it was Herve Villechaize who played a character by that name on Fantasy Island .......

sure Don can photoshop this .....

039_20026~Fantasy-Island-Posters.jpg

Absolutely fantastic news, and a big well done must go to the management and directors for this signing.

For Inverness to take in a player with 26 international caps is a good bit of business.

It's exciting times for Caley Thistle fans at the moment.  It looks like we could have a pretty strong team next season, with Dean McDonald looking the part as well

Roll on 4th August  :clapping03:

The last time I was as excited as this with a signing was when Pele was appointed manager.  This has got to be the most ambitious signing this club has made in its short history.  We've now got real competition for paces up front and things lok a whole lot rosier for the season ahead.

A big  :clapping03: to the Board and CC pulling this off.

I also think that Dean will benefit from Niculae's arrival because the spotlight will not be on him and thus less expectation.

Bring on the 4th August...

Only time will tell how good a move this is.  Certainly ambitious, but I can only imagine what the feeling of the rest of the squad is.  Imagine somebody comes into your workplace earning several times what you do to carry out the same job.  How would you feel? 

On these terms Niculae will get no honeymoon period.  If he doesn't deliver straight away he will feel the pressure.

ICT badly needed to break their wage structure but this has smashed it on one player and I'm not convinved of the wisdom of that.  I really hope this does work out as the consequences of it not working are serious.

So, I'm afraid I'm not quite as excited as most of you.

Only time will tell how good a move this is.  Certainly ambitious, but I can only imagine what the feeling of the rest of the squad is.  Imagine somebody comes into your workplace earning several times what you do to carry out the same job.  How would you feel? 

On these terms Niculae will get no honeymoon period.  If he doesn't deliver straight away he will feel the pressure.

ICT badly needed to break their wage structure but this has smashed it on one player and I'm not convinved of the wisdom of that.  I really hope this does work out as the consequences of it not working are serious.

So, I'm afraid I'm not quite as excited as most of you.

"Caley Thistle director of football Graeme Bennett said:"We are delighted to be able, subject to the work permit, to recruit someone of Marius's calibre within our existing football budget. This has been assisted by sponsorship from The Orion Group, headed by club chairman Alan Savage."

surely thats re-assuring? doesnt sound like it would be too much more than the 'huge' offer that Dargo was reportedly offered

In terms of  his (alledged) higher wages as compared to the rest of team - well none (apart from RH) are internationalists and he is a striker that has played at a high level.  I would be disappointed if the rest of squad cannot accept that Niculae is a class act who will accordingly attract a higher wage.

Time will tell how this signing shapes up, but for me it is a risk worth taking.  The signing of a decent striker was going to result in the breaking of the wage structure, the club could not wait in the hope that someone at a lower wage bracket would turn up.  All the other SPL clubs have made good signings - we risked getting left behind.

Very brave move. I honestly believed this was all spin but I take my hat off to the board for making a big name signing. I just hope there is no dressing room unrest and yer man bags 20 goals this season.  :021: :clapping03:

Very brave move. I honestly believed this was all spin but I take my hat off to the board for making a big name signing. I just hope there is no dressing room unrest and yer man bags 20 goals this season.  :021: :clapping03:

:015: :015:

:finger08:

Guest Chemist

Excellent news. Shouldn't think the grounds around scotland will be a problem, as in Portugal there is only 3 teams with a large following, Sporting, Porto and Benfica. Belgian footie is also down to a few big teams Anderlecht, Brugges etc.

Hopefully he will bring an added bit of class to the team and get us into the top 6 this season.

Already hearing word of diss-satisfaction among ICT players at the gulf in wages.Think they will find it happens everywhere. Larsson, lennon and even  Balde, who aint/wasnt even first team!

Who told you that SMEE?

Its the latest beat on the jungle drums!

I can firmly belive it as it is human nature. I am a great believer in everyone being equal in a team...........and I think this has been the reason ICT have done well up till now. This will lead to division methinks

If he proves his worth, I'm sure the players will be happy to have him here regardless of wages.

The trouble starts if he turns out to be no better than the other strikers and can't hold down a first team place.

Am not so sure Yngwie. I have been in a situation simmilar to this and it caused problems. At the end of the day........wat is this guy going to do differently thats worth many Hundreds of more pounds per week?

Either this transfer is going to be a fantastic success or a dismal failure - only time will tell.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I've at least seen the guy play  :023:

Fantastic news.

Will hopefully take us to the next level (Top Six / Europe maybe)

With regards to diss-satisfaction among ICT players at the gulf in wages. Simple. If any other ICT player manages to pull on their national jersey 26 times then their pay should substantually increase.