Home/Away Shirt Discussion [merged]

Guest KIERAN_ICTFC#1

And the black away top with everyones names on it?

My folks bought me that for my birthday on the 29th August, any chance it'll be ready by then?? Or are we going to be playing in the white training tops with hastily ironed on numbers and lettering for our first away games  :tic01:

Guest TinCanFan

How many years left do ICT have left with errea?  Maybe it would be better going to a different company like Nike or Umbro than renewing the errea contract.

when i emailed the other week asking when we would get the tops with our names on them would be here i was told we would get them before the first game of the season so should be anytime now

I'd love that to be true, chance to wear it for the Rangers game  :clapping03:

I'm not holding my breath however  :023:

To answer the original question - we aren't due a new home top until season 2008/09 - if you mean the current one with the new sponsor logo then that's anyones guess.

On the subject of our contract with Errea, I believe 2007/08 (the coming season) is the final year of the current deal.  I really hope they do look elsewhere after that so I can actually get a shirt that fits...lol.

Guest TinCanFan

As I said before I would rather ICT went elsewhere when looking for a new shirt company because errea don't seem very reliable. 

"Allegedly" it's not always been Erreas fault.

Personally, as a fan/customer, the buck stops with the club on these matters.  Either way I want to see a change of supplier purely from the point of view that Italian sizes are all at least 2 sizes smaller than you expect and even an XXXL doesn't fit over my man boobs.

Guest TinCanFan

I think the one's used by the players also has the names on it because the advert did say "Be on the pitch next season."

I think the one's used by the players also has the names on it because the advert did say "Be on the pitch next season."

That is my understanding too.

This is just a guess but I think the away top the players wear will have the names, the away top received by those who paid to have their names on it will also have the names, but the 'replica' top sold in the shop to everyone else probably wont ...... this will distinguish the limited edition tops from normal tops.

perhaps Angela or someone else from the stadium might confirm ?

as one of the 'selling points' of this top was 'take to the field with the team for every game' then those who paid their money will be very unhappy if it doesnt !!!

That is my understanding too.

This is just a guess but I think the away top the players wear will have the names, the away top received by those who paid to have their names on it will also have the names, but the 'replica' top sold in the shop to everyone else probably wont ...... this will distinguish the limited edition tops from normal tops.

perhaps Angela or someone else from the stadium might confirm ?

Got it in one Scotty  :022:

Letter today from club saying that due to change of shirt sponsors to Flybe, the shirt manufacturers need a bit longer to get them off the production line. Expect shirts to arrive by end of August, team shirts in same order so they won't have them either. :029:

It was nice of them to include a ?10 gift certificate though  :clapping03:

Suppose that means we'll be using the white away top for the first couple of away fixtures...

Letter today from club saying that due to change of shirt sponsors to Flybe, the shirt manufacturers need a bit longer to get them off the production line. Expect shirts to arrive by end of August, team shirts in same order so they won't have them either. :029:

What gets me is that....

a.  The club are gullible enough to accept that as a reason.

and/or b.  They expect the fans to be just as gullible.

Unless they are hand painting the sponsor logo to go on the front of the shirts then the change of sponsor should not delay the process any more than a day or two at most, even if they were only given the information at the very last moment.

I could print and attach the sponor details to 500 shirts in a week (one man on his own with a home press) so you'd think a professional operation such as Errea could at least manage the 18 or so needed for the team in a fortnight.

It was nice of them to include a ?10 gift certificate though  :clapping03:

Suppose that means we'll be using the white away top for the first couple of away fixtures...

If it's just the Ltd Edition tops that are delayed then they may still have the others.  Also, they can only use last seasons away strip if they have registered it with the SPL, and it doesn't get round the issue of having the new sponsors name on the front.  How do you tell a 1/2 million pound sponsor that your going to use sticky labels to apply their logo and not expect to be laughed at?

13 years ICT have been on the go and they're still screwing up on the basics.

[quote author=themann4thejob link=topic=4185.msg64358#msg64358 date=1185550399]

That's absolutely pathetic.

OK OK OK I'll type it out in full in case mixed messages are coming across

I regret to inform you that due to the late change of shirt sponsorship to Flybe we now expect there to be a delay in the arrival of the commemorative away shirt.  All shirt manufacturers require long lead time and unfortunately, in production terms, the change came at the worst possible time.

The Flybe sponsorship offers the club the benefits of a national sponsor whilst at the same time retaining Lifescan as the sponsor of the clubs community and youth programmes.

We hope to have the shirts here by the end of August and will distribute them to you as soon as they arrive.  As they are part of the same order as the playing kit please be assured that the team won't be wearing the kit before you do.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.  Please accept the enclosed voucher as a token of the appreciation for your continued support and understanding on this matter.

(?10 voucher)

signed by the sales manager