SITE UPDATE - Comments, Bugs, Problems

CaleyD

The site was indeed sluggish for a while around 10am and then down for a short time at about 10:37am UK time. It came back up shortly thereafter and seems ok now. Problem appears to be on our hosting company's side.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah ... me !!!!

been getting intermittent "500 internal server" errors and a few minutes ago got a database connection error. think we may need to respond a little more forcefully to the support answer we received  :023:

The weird thing is it only seems to occur on the forum part of the site.  Any other pages like the fixtures page or the footy focus part loads perfectly well.  SQL server issues on their part perhaps?

I have disabled the forum "search" facility for now as this does put stress on the server and bloats the database. will re-enable when things get back to normal.

yup - current sizes of each Db although by disabling the search feature it removes one table from the forum database (the search index) and reduces the size of the Db down to 89Mb

i believe so .... although to be fair, the search facility throws up a few strange results and we havent really bothered to look at it closely ..... we are changing forum software before next season so are working on that at the moment.

according to our hosts, another site on the same server was "offering a rather large media file for download" and this resulted in the badwidth being chewed up and the server struggling somewhat because of high volumes hitting their site. They tell us they have disabled the offending file and kicked the cr@p out of the user so all should now be good  :015: