SITE UPDATE - Comments, Bugs, Problems

CaleyD

Guest TinCanFan

Why is it that CaleyD is the only person on the Prediction League and has done three games while it is not accessible to everyone else?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest TinCanFan

I've just noticed as well that in the news bar it says SMF has been installed.  What's that? and the pictures next to the comments aren't working.

Guest TinCanFan

Is there a link to the official site direct from the forum page, if there is I cannae find one, and if theres no can you put on on the right??

I think there's one on the left hand of the main page.

Why is it that CaleyD is the only person on the Prediction League and has done three games while it is not accessible to everyone else?

As per opening post on this thread

Feel free to ask questions if there's a new button or feature you don't understand and once we've had an opportunity to catch our breath we'll post up some information about getting signed up for the predicition leagues etc etc.

Is there a link to the official site direct from the forum page, if there is I cannae find one, and if theres no can you put on on the right??

The right hand colum is only intended as an "information" panel covering other stuff on CTO.  It's impossible to add everything to it, but we will look at the possibility of adding list of useful links.

I've just noticed as well that in the news bar it says SMF has been installed.  What's that? and the pictures next to the comments aren't working.

SMF is the software that runs the forum.

Not sure which pictures you are refering too, could you be more specific.  Thanks.

Guest TinCanFan

The pictures I mean are the ones under you name on the left hand side of the posts and how do you change the events on the calander if you make a mistake.

The pictures I mean are the ones under you name on the left hand side of the posts and how do you change the events on the calander if you make a mistake.

If you are referring to the 'football boots' you cant - the number of boots is your rank and is based on how many posts you have made.

if you are referring to the avatar (in my case - Scooby Doo) then you can change that in your profile.

As for the calendar - please explain further - what event are you trying to change ?

Guest TinCanFan

The avatars don't seem to appear for most people and I put the fixture ICT vs Rangers on the calender but I accidentally put it for 4 days instead of one so how do I change it or does someone else have to do it?

I put the fixture ICT vs Rangers on the calender but I accidentally put it for 4 days instead of one so how do I change it or does someone else have to do it?

I have deleted the event you added - the calender is not intended for putting Match details on (we have a fixture page for that).  For future reference, clicking on the little red asterisk next to an event you have created will allow you to edit it.

In the past the Login caused me most of the problems. Only had one refusal so far but really otherwise fine.

Sent you back an email with suggestions. Assume you got it so what did you think of the suggestions.? Was there anything you considered helpful  in the reply I sent to you ? :sillywave:

S.P.

got the email SP - plenty of points to ponder in it and we actually incorporated some of them in the final design (text size for example). will reply to you more fully in due course but appreciated your full and thorough email.

O.K. Scotty--no rush to reply to me directly since we all know what a full-time occupation this is for you. Great work indeed. Glad to be of assistance; tried my best anyhoo.

Hope old Scarlet is now in the list brought up in the "SEARCH" box. 

Cheers  :014:

Scotty/Don

See left column on Home page--Club Guide--under General Information.

The Club Captain is shown as S. Golabek. Should this be changed/updated?

One more suggestion --under this same heading--how about adding references to the Supporters' Club--staff names, etc, plus a tel/fax number. I know it shows elsewhwre but this eems to be a general summary glossay--? :symbol_question:

think we have narrowed it down to cookies ! if you dont already have a cookie set for the site, the login module doesnt want to work. one thing we omitted to do yesterday was to rename the default login cookie to the same name as we used before (we have done that now). now need to figure out why its killing all the links !

mmm cookies

What exactly is the ignore feature?

BigTams - just to expand on what CD said ... we upgraded to the full version of the software and it has the capability to run multiple leagues, mini leagues, and a lot of other things - you can log in but then have to join a league (or multiple leagues) - we will try to get it sorted out in the next day or two so that users can read a full set of instructions.

have faith -- I had it running on the test site for the last couple of months of last season and just kept importing the predictions and scores from the old league we were running and it looks and runs a lot better than before.