First team to be docked points by the SPL this season ?

wyness_is_god

As the new rules on racism and sectarianism come into play this season, Who do people reckon will be the first team to be docked points by the SPL/SFA ?

I honestly don't think they will have the balls to haul the old firm up for this and my guess is they will pick on a smaller club and stitch them up somehow. :018:

Will be interesting to hear what songs come out of the South Stand on Saturday, Anybody taking the old Camera phone's, Digital Cameras and or other "surveillance" equipment to catch them out :021:

:018:

I honestly don't think they will have the balls to haul the old firm up for this and my guess is they will pick on a smaller club and stitch them up somehow. :018:

...especially if they are anywhere near to top of the SPL and challenging for the title... :023:

I have no doubt that there will be plenty of Rangers 'fans' signing secretarian songs on saturday, STANDING whilst doing so no less!! But there will be nothing done about it by our club and the ref, and we'll all be here moaning about why nothing has been done.

I urge you all to alert stewards and record any examples of sectarian abuse and yes, even standing, so we can lobby the SPL to do something about it. Perhaps try to attract the attention of the fourth official if there are any sectarian songs sung; as he has the power to alert the ref.

Lets also get 3 points to punish Rangers and their manky fans even more  :021:

Guest eliza

I totally agree Ross P, but whenever I have tried to speak to a "steward" about away fans standing, they have shrugged their shoulders and said "make an official complaint". When I said this was an official complaint, the reply was "it will be noted"! but absolutely no action was taken.

I await, with interest, any change to the type of stewarding of the home fans at ICT games as promised by the Trust.  (not holding my breath unless there is a complete change of attitude by the stewards)(maybe they will have been given interpersonal skills training!).

I totally agree Ross P, but whenever I have tried to speak to a "steward" about away fans standing, they have shrugged their shoulders and said "make an official complaint". When I said this was an official complaint, the reply was "it will be noted"! but absolutely no action was taken.

That's one thing that grates. Stewards seldom take Away fans to task but will happily confiscate juice bottles off Home fans. Will be interesting to see if the attitudes have changed after the meetings with the club.

Guest TinCanFan

Someone should start a petition on this website to stop the biased-ness of the ICT stewards and of the SFA.  I sometimes think that football stadiums would be safer without their bickering.  I don't know how well it would work though.

Guest Arab4Ever

The sfa are not biased towards ICT in any way. And the ICT stewards like the ones Tannadice are mostly just doing their job and annoying us all in the process.  Anyway, once their back is turned you stand back up again so does it really matter?

Guest TinCanFan

I meant that the SFA are biased towards the Old Firm (sorry I didn't mention it before).  If I team like ICT or Dundee United started singing sectarian songs then they would be deducted points in a second but if the OF do it then, no-matter how much is said nothing will be done.

just hope thon ICT hooligan wi the tattooed erse that leads the singing disnae cause problems singing sangs about Gypo's and gets ICT points docked  :33:

It will be an homage to our real Romany and therefore not sectarian  :015: :015:

Someone should start a petition on this website to stop the biased-ness of the ICT stewards and of the SFA.  I sometimes think that football stadiums would be safer without their bickering.  I don't know how well it would work though.

We dont do petitions, we do bitching, moaning and complaining and this subject has had a lot of all of those !!! The club have heard all the points made by fans ... now its time to see if they listened !!!

anyhow, this thread is about sectarianism and the move to deduct points if it happens - lets keep singing section and stewarding conversations to the relevant threads !

Guest Arab4Ever

I meant that the SFA are biased towards the Old Firm (sorry I didn't mention it before).  If I team like ICT or Dundee United started singing sectarian songs then they would be deducted points in a second but if the OF do it then, no-matter how much is said nothing will be done.

sorry i see you now. agreed.

and the stewards do tell us in the away end at the TCS to sit down but rarely does anybody take heed. they shrug their shoulders, walk back down to the front and moan to the police who generally do hee haw.

I urge you all to alert stewards and record any examples of sectarian abuse and yes, even standing, so we can lobby the SPL to do something about it. Perhaps try to attract the attention of the fourth official if there are any sectarian songs sung; as he has the power to alert the ref.

Do we really want a reputation as the clipes of the SPL. I would just leave it to those that have the responsibility and duty to report such instances.

Do we really want a reputation as the clipes of the SPL.

I would put it differently. The fans of the other SPL clubs have long become fatalistic and cynical as 'there's nothing you can do'.

At ICT we are accustomed to miracles happening. We got the 10000 seats rule abolished as well as what we have achieved on the park. Change is what ICT is about.

It's going to happen sooner or later, of that I have little doubt.  However knowing the powers that be it will likely come at a time where it is absolutely meaningless.  We'll see either one of the OF docked 3 points at the end of the season when they are 10 points clear or something equally as daft.

I honsestly think that if its the same mob from the Dunfermline game then we will be docked points for singing the old caley songs and not sitting down lol no way will they doc the old firm that just doesnt happen in scottish football

Guest Arab4Ever

i think ICT are one of the last teams that would get done for outrageous fan behaviour. its not meant as a critisism but ICT probably have some of the quietest and best behaved fans in the country.

Rangers have/will be reported for songs sung at todays match apparently.

I heard that on RS too ..... and from the way that CY was describing it it may not only be Rangers in trouble ..... according to Chick, Rangers "will have to work with ICT to figure out who was using some of the tickets" as many supporters appear to be Inverness based supporters who did not obtain their tickets from Rangers FC !!!!

Scotty,

I was sitting in the open end of the stand, section G, and ICT fans seem to be in 2's and 3's totally surrounded by Rangers supporters. The police at first, tried to move many into the south stand, but when that was not practical, allowed them to return to their seats.

Fine, that the club is getting their money, but the club still keeps the money if they are identified as opposition fans and find themselves ejected. The two police constables warned some fans, but there is no way they could virtually empty a stand on their own.

If the club identifies a section as for a mix of supporters, then fine, because we could then choose whether to sit there or not, and having fans from other clubs mixed in  is not always a bad thing, as happened in the other leagues, but the Old Firm are different!

I strongly object to being subjected to their nonsense when I hoped to be with Inverness fans.

This happened at the Celtic game last season also.

If we have to pay for extra Police, then fine, [Don't even consider stewards], but something has to be done.

I hope that they do get deducted the points, as there is no sharing of enjoying a game with them. They seem only interested in that stupid tribalism that makes the rest of us sick!

The police don't enforce the rules, that's the stewards job.  Only when someone commits an offence or have to be ejected (following committing an offence) will the police get involved.  It is an ongoing problem and one which we will never probably completely resolve, but I did see more 'away' fans thrown out today than ever before.  When they stood up to celebrate the Rangers goal, they were all removed.  I can't see section G from me seat, but if you can write to the club with the seat numbers they can trace the purchaser.  I suggest you make formal complaints if you were offended by 'away' fans in the area you were seated.