Referee

tm4tj

Not heard too many complaints about the ref yesterday, therefore I take it he did ok.

M Tumilty, he kept up with play and always looked to be in the best position to give any awards. Was also pretty clear with his decisions and signs, so overall, well done wee man.

Only complaint from me was the game became a bit stop start towards the end, but hey, if it's a foul, then the whistle blows.

We are quick to criticise when incompetent refs ruin our weekend so heres a pat on the back.

I thought the ref was 5hite and it was all too obvious it was his first SPL match - the reason why there's no complaints though is because we won!

He seemed a little green (no reference to Celtic bias) just that he seemed easily duped by people taking a dive etc. As has been said though, he was gettin sod all assistance from the nearside linesman. I counted at least 3 blatant handballs were missed, not to mention the pass back that the keeper picked up. He was a little whistle happy which made a poor game even worse.

However, we have had far worse and compared to some of the recent muppets we have had this guy was top drawer. At least he was all round inept and wasn't just blind to the actions of one team or the other.

Nah he was fine overall. I think it's indicative of our support, and football fans as a whole, that if we lose we go right for the referee and blame him. If we win he is generally forgotten about.

Looked like a slap from where I was sitting. looked like a passback from where I was sitting. Looked like Samuel got away with at least three dives from where I was sitting, countless free kicks given for nothing, or the wrong way - and they still couldn't beat us! :D

did not expect to get the "passback" decision, the original intent was not deliberate enough. Samuel diving......or just plain old being fouled.

You better get new specs...

Looked like a slap from where I was sitting. looked like a passback from where I was sitting. Looked like Samuel got away with at least three dives from where I was sitting, countless free kicks given for nothing, or the wrong way - and they still couldn't beat us! :D

With mme on just about all of those. That tube did skelp Rossco - just not very hard. It should have been a red.

A passback is a passback - I've never heard anything about "intent" before. The keeper knew what he was doing when he picked it up, that's why Dargo left it, expecting to play football with him.

Samuel is the second biggest cheat seen this season, though he did get clipped a few times. Light on his feet though he seemed to walk like an arthritic. Very fond of backing in too, as Dods showed.

I agree entirely with Mee's perception. Rossco was slapped right in front of Brewster but in defence of the referee, these incidents are all too common and men being men, waving a handbag should result in a yellow. The recipients all too ofter fall about dramatically e.g. Lennon.

Samuel was diving very skilfully.

Was Dargo's shot into the wind which ballooned back to Mark a passback? Mark thought so. Clearly the Dundee United one was too.

Any way, for his first game, well done. Refereeing must be pretty thankless because at half time and full time you normally get dogs abuse and booing. Few of us get that at work each week.

Disagree with all you doubting Thomas's. The passyback was nothing, didn't stop me getting up and shouting for something though, but did not really expect anything.

The Rossco incident I never saw, Ill take your blue and red verdict on that one.

Samuel diving......if you mean it started from the kick off when Rossco bludgeoned him to the ground and only got a ticking off from the ref, well I would have to say he was probably being fouled.

Dargo's shot............don't be fekkin silly now.

Check the tv tonight and let me know if it was a passback, in the opinion of an unbiaised commentator.

Defintely raised hands at Ross, I thought - aye, he made a bit of a meal of it until he realised the cards were staying in, but I guess he's learnt a bit these last two seasons. At least he didn't wait ten seconds before falling over clutching some unrelated bit of himself (Hi Neil!). Ritchie should have been sent off too - the foul about three minutes after his first yellow was twice as bad as the one which earned him the card, but Tumilty bottled it. Back-pass? Mmm, possibly. Near-side linesman was on the mushrooms IMO. If anyone knows which he was please post here so we can all find out where he gets fungi of such a high quality.