free

Guest paynis69

Guest paynis69

did everyone that ordered the new away top get their ?10 voucher from the club as a token of appreciation for the long wait we've endured for them?

i was jus doin a bit of maths, if the club sold 1000 of the shirts thats 1000 x ?10 which equals ?10000 worth of vouchers.

thats very genorous of the club, i would like to say a big thank you to caley thistle for recognising the importance of the fans.

i take it everyone did get the voucher? did we sell 1000?

A

Surely a ?10 voucher costs the club less than a 10% rebate?

Wasnt the cost of the top ?100 - if so, it amounts to the same thing although if someone were to purchase lots of stuff in the shop and it came to over ?100 then they would be getting a better deal with 10% off.

Forget the blame game and the screw up over the order (whoever's mistake it was) for a second, but in doing this, the club are being reasonably sensible here ..... half the vouchers will probably be lost or forgotten about and those that do use them will probably buy an extra ?15 or ?20 worth because they have this voucher to use up.

There is also the fact that a ?10 voucher doesnt actually cost the club anything near ?10. Its retail value may be a tenner but when you exchange that for ?10 worth of goods, especially in the massively marked up football merchandise market, you will be lucky if the actual cost to the club is more than ?3/?4 and they will easily make that up on other purchases.

So what you mean is- I was right  :015: :015: :015: :015:

To take a simple case, imagine the club makes 100% mark-up on goods.

So it buys the tops at ?50 and makes ?50 profit on each one.

So if it gives a ?10 rebate it only makes ?40.

However if it gives us ?10 to spend in the shop, it has only paid ?5 for those goods. Total profit = ?45.

And for a typical voucher scheme like that I would estimate 20-30% non-return, so the club loses nothing at all in those cases.

That's why high street shops are eager to offer vouchers rather than refunds.

I thank you  :wave03:

A
Surely a ?10 voucher costs the club less than a 10% rebate?

Wasnt the cost of the top ?100 - if so, it amounts to the same thing although if someone were to purchase lots of stuff in the shop and it came to over ?100 then they would be getting a better deal with 10% off.

It seems I've passed comment on something I know nothing about.  I thought the cost of the top was less and my 10% discount would only have applied to the top.

Mantis, you are correct.  Congratulations.

Guest kingkojak

more imprtantly... where the feck are the tops?

i was told last time i was up north which coincided with the eltons gig that they would be another month due to the new sponser deal....

its surely been longer than that now? 

and no i havent recieved any voucher! :008:

i was told last time i was up north which coincided with the eltons gig that they would be another month due to the new sponser deal....

Are you referring to the new away top or the special edition top.

Guest kingkojak

Are you referring to the new away top or the special edition top.

the new away limited edition tops.

any news?