Guest TinCanFan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuff Caley Stadium Needs:

A new centre half playing on the pitch.

A new gym/training complex built on the travellers sit

(Niculae to persuade them to move to Victoria Park).

A new restaurant/bar/nightclub complex.

A new 4thStand  :001: built on I beams that can be slid over rails allowing access to the gas transmission pipe which remains undisturbed.

A new tramline from the Harbour following the waterline round to the Retail Park.

A new Marina with Hotels, Car Parking, Championship Golf Course and Beach on the former dump.

OK maybe just the Centre Half. :016:

Guest TinCanFan

Maybe instead of a fourth stand they could just join up the corner of the main stand with the north stand.  That would mean a bigger attendance at the Stadium and wouldn't cost as much as a full blown 4th stand on the other side. 

Maybe instead of a fourth stand they could just join up the corner of the main stand with the north stand.  That would mean a bigger attendance at the Stadium and wouldn't cost as much as a full blown 4th stand on the other side. 
best idea yet

yeah good idea

:023:

CORNER STAND IS A GOOD IDEA!

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE NORTH & SOUTH STANDS,  THESE ARE TEMPOARY IF MEMORY SERVES,  GOOD FOR 10 YEARS OR SO.  THIS IS OUR 4TH SEASON IN THE SPL WHAT ABOUT SOME MOVES TO MAKING THESE SEATING SECTIONS PERMANENT OVER THE NEXT FEW CLOSE SEASONS. 

Whatever way the club choose to go in terms of stadium development I would like to see them put some kind of 5 or 10 year plan in place.

It's amazing how much more support a fund raising event will get if you have a specific cause or target for the money.  E.g. If the club were to say that it would cost ?2 million to replace the North Stand with a permanent structure which incorporated a bar, gym etc etc and they wanted to do it within 5 years then it focuses the minds of everybody, it gives something the fans, club and community can buy in to.  Then when it's completed it gives everyone a sense of achievement.

These things also go a long way in making fans feel like the belong instead of being kept at arms length which is what seems to have been happening in the last few years.

Whatever way the club choose to go in terms of stadium development I would like to see them put some kind of 5 or 10 year plan in place.

It's amazing how much more support a fund raising event will get if you have a specific cause or target for the money.  E.g. If the club were to say that it would cost ?2 million to replace the North Stand with a permanent structure which incorporated a bar, gym etc etc and they wanted to do it within 5 years then it focuses the minds of everybody, it gives something the fans, club and community can buy in to.  Then when it's completed it gives everyone a sense of achievement.

These things also go a long way in making fans feel like the belong instead of being kept at arms length which is what seems to have been happening in the last few years.

Great post, completely agree!

I think we should adopt the Dutch approach and have GROLSCHBUSTERS at the stadium similar to AJAX. These are guys who come around with a piece of kit on their back  and a lance like a garden weed sprayer and fill your plastic glass with BEER. You don't need to join the queue at the pie bar.

In the winter they could dispense hot coffee and/or tea?? :015:

A decent PA system in the main stand would be a good idea.

Guest TinCanFan

Why don't they have a guy going down the stairs throughout the game selling pretsels and drinks and that like at baseball games in America.

Many many many times I have tried to get someone to confirm that there are definite plans for a proper ICT shop, not located in that portacabin, but within the main concourse of the Stadium. 

Surely it is not tooooo difficult for the architects to build into their  proposed plans for a bar and gym, a decent shop (and this way generate more income).    The shop is open most days, the bar would not, and thus a good shop should be of more importance.

The current shop is an awful advert for an SPL Club and surely it must be a H&S issue for the staff who have to work in it.    Anyone who has gone to the shop must (as I do each time) feel sorry for the staff in such crowded conditions.  It certainly is not good enough for ICT. 

Come on ICT - get a proper shop included in any plans and give us and all the shop staff something to be proud to buy from!

Guest kingkojak

Lets also not forget that a 3000 seat stand is probably never going to be built opposite the main stand as there is a trifling little matter of a high pressure gas pipe underground between the stadium and the A9 that would make that impossible

thats nothing that a little creative engineering cant fix..

The current shop is an awful advert for an SPL Club and surely it must be a H&S issue for the staff who have to work in it.    Anyone who has gone to the shop must (as I do each time) feel sorry for the staff in such crowded conditions.   It certainly is not good enough for ICT. 

Come on ICT - get a proper shop included in any plans and give us and all the shop staff something to be proud to buy from!

yes dual purpose shop/ticket office would be good

I think we should adopt the Dutch approach and have GROLSCHBUSTERS at the stadium similar to AJAX. These are guys who come around with a piece of kit on their back  and a lance like a garden weed sprayer and fill your plastic glass with BEER. You don't need to join the queue at the pie bar.

The beer idea happens at Perth racecourse and the pint you get is warm, disgusting p!ss

The beer idea happens at Perth racecourse and the pint you get is warm, disgusting p!ss

That's not a lance. :023:

Have to envy the Well fans. I got parked on the street 1/4 mile from the ground - almost welcomed into the Supporters Club 100 yards away from the Main Stand, hot pot and a pint fer ?2.50, Big screen tellies to watch the Bairns game, three bars, packed house and then got a father and kid ticket fer ?26.00. Straight back to the car and back on the Motorway within 2 minutes.

Have to envy the Well fans. I got parked on the street 1/4 mile from the ground - almost welcomed into the Supporters Club 100 yards away from the Main Stand, hot pot and a pint fer ?2.50, Big screen tellies to watch the Bairns game, three bars, packed house and then got a father and kid ticket fer ?26.00. Straight back to the car and back on the Motorway within 2 minutes.

I didn't think they wanted away fans in there, otherwise that is where I would have been.  As it was, I was in Jack Daniels, outnumbered by many Well fans and 3 Celtic fans watching the Celtic match.  Was a good atmosphere, though I felt a bit out of place really.  ?14 for a student ticket isn't too bad either, though it won't beat the ?2 I pay at Hampden on Saturday.