Niculae

I will be very interested to see how he performs on his home debut next week and the reaction of the fans. I have read on several threads that he is "class" and has played well. Well I would say BOLLICKS as he has not impressed me in the least. The hysteria has blinded some fans.

He is NOT fit and should not be starting - He should NOT have got 90 minutes today - he was clearly fecked. He may well improve and I would love to see what he is like behind the scenes and at training. He is either going to improve and be the Messiah or he is going to take us down.

He has that air of arrogance but does he have the heart and the committment. He strolls about the pitch, caressing his hair,he looks lazy and has no sign of pace. Good players have a presence about them, they do 1-2 things in a game that take yer breath away or something that sepeartes them from others. Juanjo had that quality, so had Bingham - Niculae doesnt.

Sure he has good touches but not awe inspiring. He doesnt run the line - he is not a penalty box player - he is a target man. Bayne is evidently not the partner. And the goal today - bad mistake by the full back who slipped - superb cross from Niculae but Cowie's run was the "class" in the move.

The goal looked very impressive on TV..... I wouldn't get tired of watching one or two of these, week in, week out.... 

We don't have too many options other than to persevere with Niculae, but it does sound like he needs a kick up the erse to get his fitness level up....

Was going to say.........The fitness levels achieved under CB certainly have fallen by the wayside. Too many players blowin thro their arse for my liking. None of which will help the cause. I remember posting wen CB left that the one thing I hope we keep was the fitness regieme he installed.

When Niculae chased back over 60 yards late in the second half he looked anything but unfit to me. He did far more running than his strike partner that's for sure!

I remember posting when Bingham was here that the rest of the team couldn't read all his wee flicks, or his passes, and he frequently looked frustrated because of that. Watching Niculae today, and last week, the similarities are there.

From what I've seen so far he rarely wastes the ball, holds it up well, and is good in the air. Him and Bayne shouldn't play together, as all that happens is we hump the ball up to them. He made that goal today by pressurising their defence, and his ball in for Cowie was top drawer.

It's the rest of the team that concern me more.

yes, the topic skouldn't be nicolae, but whether the rest of the team can get it sorted. thought marius has done very well over two games given fitness level not up there yet.showed some real class today at times.we need some more of that.its too easy to shoot the new kid down, go nico :022:

I agree davieB, I thought he did the thankless chasing lost causes job today.  He does look good and likes a challenge, is strong in the air and not shot shy, but that was a drawback today, too eager to please and could have done better on a couple of chances but elected to shoot first time when a good first touch may have been better. He can't be far of the fitness mark and he even collected the ball from behind the goals a couple of times in his eagerness to get on with it.

themann4thejob says :021:

Of course Bingo was lazy but he won games with touches of genius. Cannot believe the defences of Niculae. He chased back ONCE fer 60 yards but when the player played the ball inside he stopped, brushed back his hair and tied his white shoe laces. he picked up the ball as a feckin show to the fans. Are ya all feckin blind or what?

Please give it a rest if I wanted unfunny comedy I'd hire a Hale & Pace DVD   :sillywave:

Less than 2 games for us and you are already writing him off. Unbelievable. Even Rory hasn't been given such a hard time!! I haven't had the chance to see him play first hand yet but your opinion of him him seems to differ from many who have. Do you want him to fail? I imagine Scottish football would be a culture shock to anyone who has played at a higher level.

You seem to be turning into areal boo boy IHE maybe you should go back to reading your tea leaves so successfully  :023:

I try not to misuse my gift of foresight but I am merely trying to forewarn the club and the supporters that there is a storm brewing in my teacup that has to be quelled. Unfortunately my professional training leads me to being objective and neutral in regard to my feedback and I am not drawn in by the current air of hysteria and hope. Many away fans agree with my formulation. And as the great George Bernard Shaw once said to me: "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who dont have it"

So Niculae' nuances will not be understood nor anticipated by his teammates  .....or.....he will have to turn in genius-like performances and deliver frequent glorious goals to win matches all on his own to remain at ICT?

Nah! Gotta give him a chance to settle down , get to know the boys , get to be liked and loved by the "boys", get presented with  a new comb for his locks, a new coach for his fitness, another limousine by the Management ---for starters...........

Then we can decide whether maybe he is too good for  our SPL and ICT ? But not yet . :029:

Fair comment SP but all I am trying to stress is that he has not impressed me. When you get a "superstar" and a player on four times the wage then you expect to see something special. He was brought in to entertain us and bring more people into the ground.To me it has been nothing out of the ordinary. IMHO his inclusion cost us the last 6 points. probably becos there was pressure to start him before he was ready. The other players, do not forget, are also professionals and if they have any feelings similiar to mine they will be an extremely pissed off bunch.

Lets hope he does improve as his fitness returns. I will be the first to extol him.