Charlie Christie resigns

The Mantis

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some folk are going to be delighted  :018:

Good luck to Charlie in whatever he does next.

Guess we are looking for yet another new manager  :029:

Who's available?? Can't think of anyone off the top of my head

Just seen the front of the Herald sport section, paper but not online. They say he wanted to resign after the game, and the board would be meeting today with a view to changing his mind.

On BBC radio they are now saying there will be an announcement this morning rather than this meeting.

Guest WynessLegend

Sad day  :007:

I hope no one is stupid enough to suggest we take Robertson or Brewster back as manager  :029:

Fantastic news! The man who couldn't run the Caley raffle is gone!

Normally I hate Monday mornings, but I haven't felt this elated since the last time we knocked Celtic out the cup!

Let's get Robbo back.

An ICT Legend without whom we would never have reached the SPL!

Hardly a surprise.  Charlie never looked truly comfortable in the position.

This could be the first time a manager takes control with the club in a slightly precarious position so maybe not the time for an inexperienced candidate.  Having said that, it could be anyone from Barry Wilson to Bobby Robson who gets the job.

I hope no one is stupid enough to suggest we take Robertson or Brewster back as manager  :029:

Personally I would take either of them back as they both brought something different to the team.  They both have a vast amount of experience in the game and can only have improved as management material with the additional experience they have gained in their absence.  Don't think they would be so quick to leave next time either.  :004:

I'm sad it hasn't worked out for him, but have much respect for him choosing to go on his own terms rather than clinging on like most managers do.

Quite rare for a manger to step down when he has the full backing of the board and 99% of fans.

That really is a shock - I thought he would at least stick around till we were off the bottom of the table...

Suspect dressing-room unrest rather than pressure from the supporters or the media has brought this about.

My choice for a replacement would be Stephen Kenny at Dunfermline, with Brewster second choice. Also hoping Donald might remain in some capacity.

**** Campbell - no way -

Best wishes to CC for the future.

Personally I would take either of them back as they both brought something different to the team.  They both have a vast amount of experience in the game and can only have improved as management material with the additional experience they have gained in their absence.  Don't think they would be so quick to leave next time either.  :004:

Both walked away for 'bigger and better things' and both have subsequently been sacked for doing such poor jobs. Time for a new manager and some new ideas.

The timing of all this could be a little awkward with the window closing next week and ICT supposedly still looking for a defender.

That thought had crossed my mind as well but then if he'd left it till after August 31st then there would be no chance of bringing anyone in  :rolleyes02:

A pity Charlie didn't give it a bit longer.

BBC Scotland are already commenting that Brewster has a release clause in his contract at Aberdeen if he wants to go for Management positions................. :rolleyes02:

It's been quite openly reported that if he is offered a management position that he will be allowed to leave, although after seeing his performance yesterday against Celtic I think he should reconsider the player/manager role if he is to be offered it.  

I too hope that Parkie stays with us as I think the players have great respect for him and he is well thought off in the game.

Indeed a sad way to end his management career with ICT, i also thought he would stick with it and get us up the table.

I dont think we fans realise the pressure that these guys are under, so i hope the board choose sn experienced manager this time.

I don't actually think it needs to be the end of his managment career at ICT, I think if he stays in management he could come back in a few years time with a bit more experience under his belt.