Who should replace Charlie Christie?

Johnboy

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I right in saying that Brewster got us closer to the Top 6 than anyone else ever did? Given that's where a lot of our fans seem to think we should be aiming every season I am surprised that he hasn't been given more backing.

Guest TheSmiddy

Am I right in saying that Brewster got us closer to the Top 6 than anyone else ever did? Given that's where a lot of our fans seem to think we should be aiming every season I am surprised that he hasn't been given more backing.

He hasn't been given more backing because he walked out on the club when a better offer came along.  The same can be said for Pele and Robbo, all 3 achieved great things for ICT and the majority seem to be against a return of any of them for largely that reason, and although I don't whole-heartedly agree with that, it is still is very good point.

I do however, feel that its a backward step to bring anyone back for another term.

Seems to have worked ok with Barry Wilson, Dennis Wyness and Richard Hastings. Why not Brew?

Right now we are propping up the table with no points. Brewster is a safe pair of hands and someone we know. I would love to see him back at ICT.

Was referring to managers not players.

How about Pressley and Wilson?  Under the wing of DP

Not sure if I have selective memory but my recollection of the Brew era was that even though we were fitter as a team Brew was tactically inept, managed through himself as a player, used subs in the 88th minute and the football we played was generally of a poor quality

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! It's not just me, after all...  :001:

Brew loves United

Oh aye, he told you that  :015: :015: :015:

in fact so much he skied one over the bar in the last minute of a relegation decider

He used to do that every feckin week in relegation deciders after he came back to Tannadeechay  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: