Positive Messages to Charlie

Scotty

This thread is for those of us who want to send personal messages of support and gratitude to Charlie for his contribution to our club. There are plenty of threads where opinions are divided or where he is being lambasted so if negative comments are your thing, feel free to use one of the other threads ... this is for positive comments only and I have no qualms in saying that negative comments will be deleted (or moved) from this thread.

My own comment - is simple.

Thank You and Good Luck.

As I said in another thread, Charlie wasnt sacked, he stepped aside because of the damage this position was doing to him and his family and I applaud him for making such a brave decision. I was 100% behind him from the very start, and was still 100% behind him this morning. It is a sad day for our club.

I for one will continue to pronounce the word legend as 'ledge'-end when talking of CC and ICT as opposed to some who have always and will likely continue to use 'leg'-end instead.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevico64

:clapping03:, thanks for the contribution you have made and good luck in whatever the future may bring you a true legend

Guest TinCanFan

Well done Charle Christie.  You kept ICT in the league and had some good resuts against bigger teams.  When many people said you weren't good enough you carried on regargless.

Goodbye Charlie and Thank You.

thank you

you gave us the best night ever on the 27th december when we beat rangers.

i hope that now your out of the hot seat you can actually go back to enjoying games and i for one hope that you will be at the all of fame dinner cos i would like to buy you a pint

from all the Tug clan

Guest fleminc

Seven points out of nine off the huns last season. My money is on no Inverness manager in the future ever matching that. Cheers and all the best Charlie

Thankyou Charlie for all your efforts with the club both as a player and a manager, through the good times and the bad times. You've been on a journey with us and its a sad day today having you get off :019: I hope you continue to grace Caledonian Stadium with your presence as a supporter once things in your private life and the media have settled down and who knows, One day if the position arises you may feel like being able to give it a 2nd shot.

For all the long days into keeping the club in the SPL last season and bringing a great great night on December 27th when we exceeded ourselfs by beating Rangers in the SPL in Inverness.....I thank you good sir. :clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping02: :clapping02: :cheer01:

Keep the ball to your head and don't lose any passion for the game :football01:

You are a true legend at ICT. Now you can be rightfully installed in our hall of fame. All the best for the future, which hopefully lies within the club somewhere, and thaks for the memories.

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

It took a big man to take on the job and an even bigger man to walk away from it.

Charlie you have not let anyone down and once you have time to reflect on this, you can feel as proud as the real fans are of your achievements.

I wish you well in whatever route you take.

I would like to add my best wishes to Charlie for the future. I dont believe the job was right for you, however you still remain an ICT legend on my eyes. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. All the very best

I am very happy to concur with all these messages of support....

Best wishes for the future CC......  :022:

And thanks for the fantastic win against Rangers on December 27th.... That was a brilliant night for this city, and will never be forgotten....  :021:

cheers charlie. i thought you were doing a great job, and its testament to that that i was so shocked to find you'd resigned.

at the end of the day, you know whats best for you and your family. i'm sad to see you go, but its whats best for you.

hope to see you still at the club and at the stadium for home games.

From one Invernessian to another, thank you for your contributions to this, still embryonic club.

On the field you truly represented our city prior to the amalgamation, after the amalgamation to ICT you are the only Invernessian that, in my estimation, will ever have represented this club at both managerial level and as a player.

I truly believe that if this club is to be managed successfully it has to be from an individual with experience in the central belt of Scotland or indeed further beyond. There are problems enough in being a successful club this far geogaphically north, but we are learning from experience, and hopefully, with some luck in a decent managerial appointment we can still finish in the top six this season.

Thanks a million Charlie, and best of luck.

I'm genuinely sorry to see Charle go. I think that he had the makings of a great manager.

However there is no doubt that the job is high profile and highly stressed. If that exposure and stress were injuring his health and affecting his family, as they clearly were, he had no choice but to resign.

Charlie was a great servant to Inverness Thistle, Caledonian and Caledonian Thistle over the years. He was one of the most naturally gifted footballers ever to emerge from the Highland Capital. I wish him well in the future and would hope that the club might find a position for him behind the scenes, if he wants it, either now or in the future.

Charlie Christie brought stability and continuity to this club at the times when other managers chose to 'better' themselves elsewhere and contrary to what some people may think he and Donald Park were a success over the last 19 months. Personally I would have liked to have seen Charlie complete this season, at least, to show the doubters that he can build a successful team. Alas! thats not to be so I wish him and his family every success and happiness for the future.

Charlie, you can leave with your head held high.

roscoe23....grow up.