New Manager

Scotty

Of the candidates to emerge so far, who would you go for [more names may be added and you CAN change your vote]  

516 members have voted

1. 1.

• Brewster
    • Warnock
    • Malpas
    • Robertson
    • Pressley
    • Coyle

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a Supporters Trust Meeting tonight.  Maybe that's when the new manager will be properly announced. :024:

did you actually read the thread, or more particularly the reason for the meeting ? I think it highly unlikely that they will announce the decision of who the new manager will be at a meeting where fans are supposed to be able to say who they would like the club to consider !

For those berating Brewster for the way he left us - how do you feel about Hastings being in the team?

Im not berating Brewster for the way he left us, he was a cr@p manager and I was delighted to see the back of him! But he DID behave really shoddily towards us, tried to nick our players when he could and generally showed quite clearly that he didn't give a flying feck about us.

All day I've been hearing that its a done deal, Brew's been offered the job and the shortlist is just for show  :008: :008: :008:

Don't think I've felt so depressed since Hearts started sniffing round Robbo :019: :019: :019:

I didn't say it would necessarily be a problem, L_G

But he is going to have to eat a lot of humble pie if he does come back and accept that he might not get all his own way in future....?

Remember too - when at Yinited he was the one that persuaded Darren Dods where his future lay....

Sorry to state the obvious folks, but the nicely prepared managerial stats on our home page show clearly that Brewster has the worst managerial record of results. Tell me why this is a good reason for bringing him back?

I may have to accept it if Warnock withdraws himself but I have a problem with ICT management bringing back the poorest candidate on paper. Remember he went to Dundee Utd to save them and turn it round....and failed. :33:

I for one would be extremely disappointed in the club if they brought back brewster as he showed disloyalty when he was here. I know a lot of fans would probably forgive and forget if he did get the job but i hope he knows himself just what a prat he made of himself. I understand why he left, he wanted to join the club he loves and i had no problem with that what so ever but its the fact he was a di*k about it would make it very hard for me to accept his apponitment.

I also agree with those who say he only contributed when he was on the field and with the state of the team at the moment we need someone who can ruffle a few feathers and who will introduce some entertaining football and for that i vote for Warnock without a doubt.

I for one would be extremely disappointed in the club if they brought back brewster as he showed disloyalty when he was here. I know a lot of fans would probably forgive and forget if he did get the job but i hope he knows himself just what a prat he made of himself. I understand why he left, he wanted to join the club he loves and i had no problem with that what so ever but its the fact he was a di*k about it would make it very hard for me to accept his apponitment.

I also agree with those who say he only contributed when he was on the field and with the state of the team at the moment we need someone who can ruffle a few feathers and who will introduce some entertaining football and for that i vote for Warnock without a doubt.

Firstly we made a lot of money from Craig leaving for Utd.  GB made the point last night that CB was forever the gentleman in the negotiations and made sure ICT got the best possible deal.  How many of us would be loyal enough to our current jobs if we were offered 3,4 or 5 times our current salary.  I was very aware at the time how hard a decision it was for them to go as they were enjoying life at ICT.  (Hence the ability to negotiate as if it had fallen through, he would have happily stayed with us).  He was really pressured by ET and others into going to the 'bigger' club.  Bigger club = bigger pressure.  Of course he came back for players, but he agreed not to do that for a certain period (was it 6 months?).  Once he was there he had to do the best he could and try to get the best players in.  I know that this had an impact on his friendship with GB and CC at the time, but they have been able to forgive, so I think we should too.  I think he would be the first to admit it was not one of the best decisions he has ever made, but under the same circumstances we would all have done exactly the same thing.

At the end of the day it's a results driven business as as someone else said if in 6 games time we are still anchored to the bottom of the league with no points, then questions will rightly have to be asked, but on the other hand if we get some wins under our belt we'll have fogotted all about Utd.

The DoF was clear that the board had not yet made a decision and that the board would meet again today and hopefully begin the interview process.  If they have not come to a decision by end of business today DP will take the team on Saturday.

"Firstly we made a lot of money from Craig leaving for Utd.  GB made the point last night that CB was forever the gentleman in the negotiations and made sure ICT got the best possible deal.  How many of us would be loyal enough to our current jobs if we were offered 3,4 or 5 times our current salary.  I was very aware at the time how hard a decision it was for them to go as they were enjoying life at ICT."

But our board offered to match DUFC's best offer, so it wasn't money that enticed Brew to leave us it was his love of Dundee United.

What worrys me, is Brew will now therefore be expecting a wage in line with what he was getting at DUFC (after all we would at the time have paid him that to stay).

This will be much much more than  Charlie was on....

I don't think Craig is worth this kind of money!! and I just hope and pray that the board realise that if they are going to pay big money they should be looking for a more experienced candidate....

I'm not keen on having Brew back especially on several times the wage Charlie was on...

Graham

I don't think he can expect us to match the offer we made to keep him.  This is a new scenario and a wage would have to be negotiated.  At the moment he's a player with Aberdeen, so I wouldn't expect his wage demands to be ridiculous.  That is if he is to be offered the position.  We might have been able to match his wage, but he negotiated the best deal for us from Utd, reportedly around ?250k

What worrys me, is Brew will now therefore be expecting a wage in line with what he was getting at DUFC (after all we would at the time have paid him that to stay)

I think Brewster will be so grateful that he's been given such an undeserved second chance that his wage demands will be pretty reasonable. Another puppet for the real power at the club?  :tic01:

Nice to see the BBC website running with a very unbiased headline...

Brewster set for Inverness return

:023:

P&J Online has some interesting comments from Warnock though.....

Warnock, who resigned as Sheffield United boss after they were relegated from the Premiership at the end of last season, is an outside bet.

He said: "I would not be against working in Scotland, but I have not spoken to anybody at Inverness."

The 58-year-old, who is visiting relatives at Dunoon, added: "It would be a challenge to pit my wits against the top two in Scotland. It would not be a step down at all, I have spent most of career taking on clubs with loads of money.

"It is not difficult to get in contact with me, but nobody from Inverness has been in touch."

BBC also says:

"I think that whether it was Steve Paterson, John Robertson or Craig Brewster they would all do a good job if they were to come back," said Bennett, when asked about the wisdom of a former manager returning.

"At the moment we have other options so we are not ruling anyone in or anyone out.

"I certainly don't think that any of the three ex-managers named would be so keen to move away from the club again.

"But they should be judged on their time at ICT rather than their disappointments elsewhere.

"I wouldn't have a problem working with any of them again. We need a manager to stabilise the club."

That will be the three man short list then?

That was said last night and it is beginning to look like it is the shortlist....

Regarding Warnock - it was mentioned that if he did come here he would probably be off down the road again within 18 months....

I wouldn't mind seeing him here - even if it was just 18 months....

I'm gutted about Warnock, from the quotes on the BBC, it looks like its back to brew... I can't believe we haven't spoken to Warnock-

"He is under consideration like everyone else but the club is a success, we have again made a profit this year, so we will have to look at wage demands and any baggage that comes with someone."

How can this be said without speaking to him :33: :33: :33:

And for the brew comments -"His departure was never fully understood, the fans directed their anger at him and I thought that was unfair.

"He never shafted this club when he left, he went only for one reason and that was that ICT got looked after."

To use the word shafted in a press interview looks pretty stupid too... :33: :33: :33:

Looks like its a done deal now.