1 signing

metalgecko

I think bringing in a left winger/midfielder would not be a good use of resources. As has been said Alan Morgan and Roy McBain can both play there, as can Stuart Golabek. Bringing in Robson or Rankin would be expensive and I don't think it would represent value for money.

Not sure I agree. All 3 have been tried in that position with Morgan being the pick of the bunch, yet not managing to cement a starting place.

If we continue with our rigid 4-4-2 then we need pace on both wings, especially as Wilson isn't getting any younger

Guest kingkojak

If Black leaves then we should sign Rankin and if one of our strikers leave we should sign Scotland

If we can afford them both

what the feck happened to the 250k we got for brew? surely there should be plenty money available, especially as the average home gate has been higher than forecast!

I guess osme of that cash has gone into renewing peoples contracts in the form of signing on fees or slightly increased wages. It won't mean we have 250k to spend but we might have a larger wage budget because of it.

I am very reliably informed that there are THREE potential targets fer next season.. Rankin, Robb and Morrow. We have also put in interest fer Brighton of Clyde but he may well go fer higher places.

I can't understand why we would be after a left sided midfielder... think we have enough cover with Morgan, McBain, Wilson and Hart that can all play on that side!! I would have thought our right wing would be priority

Glad Rankin is being considered and Morrow is a good player from what I've seen of him

Dunno much about Brighton of Clyde

I am very reliably informed that there are THREE potential targets fer next season.. Rankin, Robb and Morrow. We have also put in interest fer Brighton of Clyde but he may well go fer higher places.

like anyone will believe you after your richard gough thing IHE :lol::lol::lol:

like anyone will believe you after your richard gough thing IHE :lol::lol::lol:

Morrow? Hmm. Brighton is apparently heading for England.

I see that our former boss has released Grant Brebner from Tannadice. I think Brebner is an excllent player and I'd take him in a flash. Wages could be a problem and there are his personal problems to take into account as well but he could view coming here as a 'fresh start'.

I can't understand why we would be after a left sided midfielder... think we have enough cover with Morgan, McBain, Wilson and Hart that can all play on that side!! I would have thought our right wing would be priority

I disagree. We don't have a natural left sided midfielder who is in the starting eleven. Hart and Wilson are doing well but I think we need a left winger to give the team more balance and who will sustain a starting place which Morgan hasn't. McBain is more a central midfielder and Wilson isn't getting any younger so a young left sided player would be a good signing.

Guest kingkojak

TBH id never heard of rankin before his name appeared on the last site and ive never heard any decent reviews from matches - is he that good?

I know a good young prospect. Jay shields of hibs. I saw him play a couple of times against Aberdeen and he was the only good hibs player on the pitch. The good thing is his contract expires in the summer!!!!!!

He is a speedy right back

Guest Chemist

Think Jason Scotlands work permit problems weredown to him not being a regular international at the time, owing to a down turn in form ( its called playing for the arabs ). Having now recaptured his form and his world cup place it would be interesting to put a bid in for him. Wonder how much dosh he is on at the super Js?