Favortie kids TV of days gone by

SMEE

What rare cartoons and programmes do you remember as a kid that has long since dissappeared. I was remembering today the Oddball Couple cartoon with spiffy the cat (posh) and Fleabag the dog (mink). it was based on the TV series of the film the odd couple.

Other favorites were Goober and the ghost chasers (like scooby doo) and speed buggy (crime solving cartoon car). Wait till your father gets home sticks out in my mind as a kid too, but i associate it with pie supppers from chippy for some reason :017:

Mary Mungo and Midge  :003:

Mr Benn  :003:

Rentaghost (now starring Feb8)  :016:

Crackerjack

Swap Shop

Tiswas

The Robinson Crusoe thing that was on in the mornings every summer school holidays.

The Flash Gordon one that was on when Robinson Crusoe wasnt !

Was Boss Cat the same prog as Top Cat (which I too loved)?

I remember all of scotty's faves. Mary mungo and midge had the wee mouse that jamp on the dogs nose to press the button for the lift didnt it?

Who remembers Hickory House?

The Robinson Crusoe thing that was on in the mornings every summer school holidays.

The Flash Gordon one that was on when Robinson Crusoe wasnt !

And when those weren't on, there was some badly dubbed French or Spanish series, Flash of the Blade?

Used to get the dubbed rubbish wen i was wee too. Heidi springs to mind...........Oh I hated that. Saturday mornings before swap shop you would get Champion The Wonder Horse or Whirly Birds (helicopters series)

Guest Glen Mhor

Ah, the golden days of kids' telly of long ago and fond memory. Here's a few:-

Stingray

Supercar

Tales of the Riverbank

The Woodentops

Champion the Wonder Horse

The Lone Ranger

Stig of the Dump

Whirlybirds

Captain Pugwash

Noggin the Nog

Plenty of classic books made into serials, e.g. The Secret Garden, Treasure Island, David Copperfield

Anyone remember the more modern version Whirly Birds......called Chopper Squad. Was on around the same time as CHiPS (another fave of mine from childhood). Just off on a slight tangent here tho..........anyone else recall with great fondness, on the run up to Xmas, excitement generated by the flood of toy adverts that came on grampian. Great times!

Would like to also add

Captain Caveman

Inch High Private Eye

The New Schmoo

Dasterdly and Mutley

Battle of the Planets

Top Cat ( i really wanted the same pyjamas he had at the end creds, just after he brushed his teeth and was about to get in his bin)