Favortie kids TV of days gone by

SMEE

Guest Glen Mhor

Lost In Space was a particular favourite of mine. As far as I recall it was on Grampian in the late 1960s early on a Saturday evening and was aimed at a family audience and probably to compete with Dr Who. The special effects were quite something and it blazed a trail for Star Trek (pardon the pun).

:alien03:

Lost In Space was a particular favourite of mine. As far as I recall it was on Grampian in the late 1960s early on a Saturday evening and was aimed at a family audience and probably to compete with Dr Who. The special effects were quite something and it blazed a trail for Star Trek (pardon the pun).

:alien03:

Is that the one with Robbie the robot & Captain Zachary smith ?

There was a bad guy in Lost in Space- they were always threatening to throw him overboard or whatever and he was like a sort of 1960s John Inman. His catchphrase was 'oh, the pain, the pain!' as he feigned a heart attack. Am I the only old git to remember this?

Mind you, not as bad as Bannerman watching the radio  :rotflmao:

We didn't have TV when I was a kid.... My father thought it would turn me and my brother into communists....  :017:

It wasn't all bad though.... sometimes as a special treat, we got to listen to the Archers on Radio 4 on Sunday mornings....  :014:

• 3 weeks later...

Wasnt Super Gran a Scottish programme which used to be on around the same time as Stookie? (Another Scottish prog)

Who remembers Murphys Mob....about a Scottish Trainer of a young footie team who played in Watford-esque strips