On a LSM

Guest CALEY108

Guest CALEY108

On a Life Support Machine - The Caledonian fanzine

One word to describe the above fanzine- GENIUS :021:

Looking back to the times before the internet etc it was the only way to keep up to date with things going on within the club, as the info from  local rags/match day programs were rubbish

Unfortunately i only seem to have nine out of the seventeen odd that were issued and still take a nostalgic read of them now and again,sure i had more but the other half probably chucked them out at the last house move :020:

Would be great to have an ICT fanzine but can only think it would be extremely time consuming and costly to edit and produce :024:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was witty, well put together, pulled no punches and irreverent. Still have about half of them myself.

Not sure ICTFC would cope as well now with a similar type publication as Caley did all those years ago.

How about getting them all on-line, Mantis?  Not that I'm trying to work you hard or anything.

People would be thrilled to see me dancing the highland fling in my kilt again.  :015:

• 2 weeks later...

Never met the two Jags fanzine guys calling themselves 'young' and 'gifted' and wonder what happened to them.

I remember old auntie Laurna in Culduthel Road getting hold of the issues for me (she saved all sorts of Highland football stuff for my visits to Sneck before the internet came along). She knew their mum and called them 'franzines'  :015:

Mantis - I'm pretty sure Young and Gifted fall into the refusenik camp. 

Maybe some of our jaggy brethren could confirm.

Now I'm back en Ecosse I'm going to dig out some of my old caley collection from the old dear's loft and see if there's anything which might be of interest for your site if you're interested.  Got loads of programmes from the seventies to nineties and the priceless rod the mod scrap books from the late seventies.  :001:

• 1 year later...

Never met the two Jags fanzine guys calling themselves 'young' and 'gifted' and wonder what happened to them.

I used to see one of them (Barry) at Ibrox occasionally but the other one (Russel) was a tim weasel & we never really got on at all (i remember chucking him in the sea at Nairn :rotflmao: ).

BTW......i've still got a pile of LSM 17. If anyone wants one just PM me & i'll send you one. No money necessary.

Anyone still got the other fanzine? Another Kind of Blues. There were 2 issues, in between LSM 13 & 14 (We'd fallen out over who should pay the fine re the Chic Allan Cup :thumb04: ).

Some, if not all of the covers of LSM can be found here btw....

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.ph...1772&st=525

Got all the issues of LSM in the loft at my in-laws (I hope!!!).

Credit also due to Black and Red All Over / 18 hours from Rotterdam which was also a good read.

Black and Red All Over #1

Black and Red All Over #2

I used to love LSM, great memories...to be fair the R&BAO fanzine provided some funny banter as well..my band at the time did an interview for Issue 2 ( link above)..strange to see the comments we made about the merger at that time and how far from the mark we were...

thanks for the memories

BC

Got all the issues of LSM in the loft at my in-laws (I hope!!!).

Credit also due to Black and Red All Over / 18 hours from Rotterdam which was also a good read.

Black and Red All Over #1

Black and Red All Over #2

I used to love LSM, great memories...to be fair the R&BAO fanzine provided some funny banter as well..my band at the time did an interview for Issue 2 ( link above)..strange to see the comments we made about the merger at that time and how far from the mark we were...

thanks for the memories

BC

Young and gifted = Barry & Russel Barry gave up supporting any Inverness team now follows Rangers and he still lives in Inverness

Russel i think is living in Turkey

I'd love to get full copies of all these Fanzines etc and put them online here as part of our archives....or we could even assist the guys with Caley and Thistle sites to get stuff online.

And not only the fanzines....anything Caley or Thistle related, perhaps with a view to an "Online Museum" type site/setup.

I'd love to get full copies of all these Fanzines etc and put them online here as part of our archives....or we could even assist the guys with Caley and Thistle sites to get stuff online.

And not only the fanzines....anything Caley or Thistle related, perhaps with a view to an "Online Museum" type site/setup.

Tremendous idea.

I'd love to get full copies of all these Fanzines etc and put them online here as part of our archives...

No offence CaleyD, but i'd be putting a stop to that if i could.

LSM will never be associated with ICT. Ever. I just couldn't do it. The bitterness just wont go away where thats concerned. I'll go to my grave with that particular grudge. I'm sure Barry would agree re 18 Hours from Rotterdam too. A matter of principle.

Mantis can stick them on the Caley site if he can be bothered. I dont mind scanning them & sending them to him via email if he wants.

:rotflmao:

I cant believe you even suggested that tbh. If you were fishing, well done. I've bitten like a starving piranha. :thumb04: