On a LSM

Guest CALEY108

Personally speaking, i had no great hatred of Thistle but saw no need for them to be involved in Caleys bid for Scottish League status. I disliked Clach intensely but Jags were there to be laughed at imo.

I supported Caley, and Jags were of no more consequence than Rothes.

Anyway, as long as Celtic exist i'd always have had a significant object of hate. :thumb04:

Other than that, enough with the praise please, i dont know how to respond to positive press! :rotflmao:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally speaking, i had no great hatred of Thistle but saw no need for them to be involved in Caleys bid for Scottish League status. I disliked Clach intensely but Jags were there to be laughed at imo.

I supported Caley, and Jags were of no more consequence than Rothes.

Anyway, as long as Celtic exist i'd always have had a significant object of hate. :thumb04:

Other than that, enough with the praise please, i dont know how to respond to positive press! :rotflmao:

Im in agreement with you BNP (oops)...Thistle werent my hated team either...hence why i ready both LSM & R&BAO with equal joy...C**nty & E*gin on the other hand..now thats a diffeent story

After all these years, and the success of ICT, I think some of the comments are quite sad. I know of Thistle supporters who have vowed never to go to an ICT game ever - how to cut off your nose to spite your face (as my granny used to say!). They are the losers, poor souls (how to hold a grudge for ever and a day - men!!)

I was brought up a Caley supporter but, eventually, agreed with the merger and join in with singing "oh to be a Jaggie" when the occasion arises (ie when ex Thistle fans get pxxxxed off with shouts of come on Caley)(give us a C, etc). Come to think of it, haven't heard that for a while.

Surely the time must come when Invernessians support their local SPL team, not join the masses in supporting the OF (why? - what allegiance do most of you have with them, if any?). If most of us can try to forget the "them and us" scenario in ICT, then why continue with a grudge.

I

Surely the time must come when Invernessians support their local SPL team, not join the masses in supporting the OF (why? - what allegiance do most of you have with them, if any?).

I have no allegiance to Newcastle, but choose to follow them in england. Its called freedom of choice. Am sure MOST Caley and Thistle fans had an Top Tier team they followed back then. But somehow, it was acceptable then with no questions asked.

Why should an individual have the right to choose to follow a team of their choice for whatever the reason?

I have sed before, I have known of more Dundee Utd and Aberdeen fans that travel to games from sneck than i do for both old firm teams!

Edited by SMEE

don't ever underestimate the bad feeling towards your club & the individuals responsible for its existence.

Not a fan of concepts like progress and democracy then?

Progress yes, but as i've stated, I don't remember any democracy being upheld at the time. Far from it.

Democracy doesn't seem to hold any sway where business is concerned.

That was a rather lame attempt to patronise me wasn't it? Deary me. :rotflmao:

:018:

At the end of your day, your fellow Howden Enders voted their team out of existence, no? Maybe not your particular mates, but the fan base in general.

Ok. I'll take the bait...

No, Mr McGillivrays hired help, with their "free" season tickets (season ticket = 1 vote) voted Caley out of existence. I voted the same as most of my fellow Howden Enders. If the majority on folk in the Rose St hall had been asked to pay 20 quid for their right to vote, you can bet they'd have left in their droves.

They made sure that another 15 members were barred from voting (guess which way these votes were going), and they even had the Caley team (employees, not members) voting.

Possibly Jed Bush was presiding over the voting? Either way, it wasn't even close to a fair vote. Why did they even bother pretending it was up for debate?

I could go on but Judge Judy is just starting. :thumb04:

Ah well - it could have been worse - you could have woken up a Hammers fan this morning.... ;)

Actually, my preferred English team was Wimbledon. :rotflmao:

Wondered when this thread was going to develop into a merger debate.

:rotflmao:

Much as the topic fascinates me and provided one of the most interesting (and frequently entertaining!) periods of my life, the merger is over, done and dusted and... most importantly of all... has been a huge success which has brought SPL football to Inverness.

I once recounted the merger in 70,000 words. I would want to add two more.... IT WORKED!

My point has nothing to do with the rights or wrongs of the merger. I can accept and understand the arguments from both sides. What I fail to understand is why people like BNP who claim to have been so passionate about one of the pre-merger teams seem so intent in doing all they can to ensure that much of the memories and history from the terraces will be lost forever within the next couple of generations.

Obviously all older ICT fans have really fond memories of being Caley or Thistle fans in the past. But its in the past! So maybe instead of all getting angry about it and arguing, why not support the current team ICT and those who refuse to go to games or support ICT, get a grip of yourself cause its all in the past and everything moves on! Nothing will bring back your Caley or your Thistle. Yes have happy memories about it all. But lets create our own memories with ICT, which we'll all remember in future generations and be able to tell our Kids and younger families.

Lets start with getting an amazing atmosphere at the Celtic game and hopefully get another fantastic and memorable win V them next saturday!

Obviously all older ICT fans have really fond memories of being Caley or Thistle fans in the past. But its in the past! So maybe instead of all getting angry about it and arguing, why not support the current team ICT and those who refuse to go to games or support ICT, get a grip of yourself cause its all in the past and everything moves on! Nothing will bring back your Caley or your Thistle. Yes have happy memories about it all. But lets create our own memories with ICT, which we'll all remember in future generations and be able to tell our Kids and younger families.

ICT has no divine right to receive the support of former Caley or Thistle fans, it is up to the fans to choose their own path. Many of us (most of us?) chose ICT, but we have to accept that others moved on.

I have fond memories of going to Telford Street for Caley games. Whilst I chose to transfer my allegiance to ICT at the time of the merger and stopped following my "big" league team (Celtic), others like BNP or Kavs (to name two who I know have stuck to their principles) chose instead to follow their "big" teams from that time onwards. I can respect their decisions and although I have taken a slagging from both over the years, I hope they can also respect mine regardless of their attitude or feeling towards ICT.

In trying to understand the fervour of people like BNP, I have sometimes asked myself how I would react if a suggestion was made to merge Caley Thistle and Ross County and build a new ground at somewhere like Tore .... to say I would be raging would be the biggest understatement going !!!! Because my work circumstances changed during the ICT days rather than Caley days, and I was able to go to most home games as well as a decent amount of away games, I definitely became more "involved" on an emotional/passionate basis with ICT than i ever was with Caley. If something like that was ever suggested, I have a feeling I would be just as vociferous, just as resistant and just as bitter (and I dont mean that in an abusive way) as BNP or others who have never set foot inside the TCS.

I don't want "educated" about it. Cause it's in the past....ICT is the present and the future.

Now pull your finger out of your arse and stop arguing about the past and start supporting ICT! :rotflmao:

Aye ok, i'll move back north & buy a season ticket too. What was i thinking? :thumb04:

ICT has no divine right to receive the support of former Caley or Thistle fans, it is up to the fans to choose their own path. Many of us (most of us?) chose ICT, but we have to accept that others moved on.

I have fond memories of going to Telford Street for Caley games. Whilst I chose to transfer my allegiance to ICT at the time of the merger and stopped following my "big" league team (Celtic), others like BNP or Kavs (to name two who I know have stuck to their principles) chose instead to follow their "big" teams from that time onwards. I can respect their decisions and although I have taken a slagging from both over the years, I hope they can also respect mine regardless of their attitude or feeling towards ICT.

In trying to understand the fervour of people like BNP, I have sometimes asked myself how I would react if a suggestion was made to merge Caley Thistle and Ross County and build a new ground at somewhere like Tore .... to say I would be raging would be the biggest understatement going !!!! Because my work circumstances changed during the ICT days rather than Caley days, and I was able to go to most home games as well as a decent amount of away games, I definitely became more "involved" on an emotional/passionate basis with ICT than i ever was with Caley. If something like that was ever suggested, I have a feeling I would be just as vociferous, just as resistant and just as bitter (and I dont mean that in an abusive way) as BNP or others who have never set foot inside the TCS.

Once again Scotty, good call. A lot of emotional energy was spent, ultimately it was futile, but that doesn't remove the feeling of injustice. To coin a popular phrase "We wuz robbed".

On the flip side, had it not happened, i'd have missed Helicopter Sunday & various other highpoints such as TGFITW shaming themselves across Europe whilst simultaneously managing to get an award for "good behaviour". Swings & roundabouts i guess. And its still good to laugh at Elgin after all these years. :thumb04:

Oh well, I never knew that.

Anyway this is an INVERNESS CALEY THISTLE forum, not a Caley or a Thistle forum. :rotflmao:

Check which thread you're on young man!

Anyway this is an INVERNESS CALEY THISTLE forum, not a Caley or a Thistle forum. :rotflmao:

and Caley and Thistle, as well as the merger, are part of the history of ICT whether you/we like it or not !