Charlie Christie

Guest jamesie snr

With Caley Thistle I don't think we can isolate any manager, player or board member alone as being the reason for our success as a club during our short history. I believe the reason for our success over the years is down to the spirit, character and attitude of the club as a whole rather than as a consequence of any individual's input at any particular time. How often have we seen seemingly irreplaceable figures leave the club (whether manager, player or official) only to see the status of our club continue to grow unhindered?

Personally, I believe it has something to do with the ingrained Highland spirit - an attitude that is readily absorbed by newcomers who are not Highland. We were unjustifiably frozen out of the Scottish League for decades - perhaps our fighting spirit stems from a deep seated desire to show the Lowland football mafia that we deserve our place in Scottish football and that we have a point to prove?

As many have said before - ICT are "the sum of it's parts". We have something as a club (most of the time) that money can't buy - a positive attitude that doesn't allow room for prima donnas.

Livingston and Dundee United have had a lot more money to spend in recent years than us but what has it achieved for them? You cannot buy spirit, character and a correct attitude. That is something a club either has or has not.