Kirin Cup

Morgan Spice

Here's more detail:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/4946226.stm

Full squad:

Alexander (Cardiff), Marshall (Celtic), Smith (Motherwell), Anderson (Aberdeen), G Caldwell (Hibernian), S Caldwell (Sunderland), McManus (Celtic), Murty (Reading), Naysmith (Everton), Weir (Everton), Burke (Rangers) McCulloch (Wigan), Murray (Rangers), Quashie (West Brom), Severin (Aberdeen), Teale (Wigan), Boyd (Rangers), McFadden (Everton), Maloney (Celtic), Miller (Wolves).

Some may say it's cool but me: I think it's a disgrace how Mark Brown can be overlooked for Marshall and Smith. Consistently better than Smith and Marshall has not played all season.

As usual. Central Belt bias

Guest essexboy

Definitely thought Dargo was in with a shout - when do the next round of competitive matches start anyway - is it straight after the World Cup?

I have lost a lot of respect for Walter Smith now. Not because im an inverness fan and we have no players in the squad but how can you play Marshall and Smith when I cant remember the last time they actually played. Walter has some serious thinking to do. I hope we win but the keepers make a blunder to prove how unfit they are.

I have lost a lot of respect for Walter Smith now. Not because im an inverness fan and we have no players in the squad but how can you play Marshall and Smith when I cant remember the last time they actually played. Walter has some serious thinking to do. I hope we win but the keepers make a blunder to prove how unfit they are.

Graeme Smith has been no.1 for Motherwell all season, and Marshall is still young. These two have a chance to become Scotland squad players for many years, whilst Brown has been consistently overlooked all his career, and these two 'keepers are both younger.

And there is no way Dargo will ever play for the full team.

And there is no way Dargo will ever play for the full team.

So if Dargo is top Scottish goal scorer next season he wouldn't get in the team??

IMO Brown has been well and truly screwed over... considering we have one of the best defencive records in the SPL is testament to Brown's ability... he should have been a shoe-in after Gordon couldn't make it and definitely ahead of Smith and Marshall!!

I think Dargo has more competition McFadden, Miller, Boyd and Maloney all deserve to be in the squad undoubtedly but considering that Maloney and McFadden play as wingers half the time only leaves us with Boyd and Miller.... TBH personally I'd prefer Dargo to Miller but I can see why he is favoured!

Guest Chemist

Its jest a fecking disgrace.

Marshall has played 3 games for Celtic this season i think and conceded 11 or 12 goals behind the defense of the champions. Even when he was playing well he wasnt that good.

Now that celtic are withdrawing their players i wonder if walter smith has the cheek to ask...............

TBH personally I'd prefer Dargo to Miller but I can see why he is favoured!

Hardly!

Dargo's been brilliant this season don't get me wrong, but this is by far and away his best ever goalscoring season. Who's to say he's just had a lucky year and next season he'll only score 5 goals?

Miller has been scoring consistently all his career and at a much higher level, so deserves his chance at the international stage.

As i have said on another thread lets not forget walter knows brown pretty well from there time together at the huns, Walter just doesnt rate him as a keeper and as i also said at the time, an ICT player will never get into the full squad, the only reason they were chosen for the B international was so they could folk through the gates :onedigit: to walter smith just for picking that ex tatty lifter smith over brown,

THAT IS ALL :lol:

Hardly!

Dargo's been brilliant this season don't get me wrong, but this is by far and away his best ever goalscoring season. Who's to say he's just had a lucky year and next season he'll only score 5 goals?

Miller has been scoring consistently all his career and at a much higher level, so deserves his chance at the international stage.

Is it not better to lay the inform striker if he is going to get you goals??

+ Miller has had a terrible season at Wolves.... with them not even making the playoffs

Think you are judging Miller on previous performances, which is no use to Scotland in the present!!

+ Miller has had a terrible season at Wolves.... with them not even making the playoffs

Think you are judging Miller on previous performances, which is no use to Scotland in the present!!

He's scored 17 goals! How is that a terrible season?

How many does he have to score for a decent season? 40?

Lets see how many both strikers score next season competing in the same league against the same players, I'm guessing Miller will score a lot more!

12 goals I count not including internationals... I'm sure if Dargo was given the chance to play for his country he would also have given a good account of himself infront of goal!!

Don't get me wrong Miller is a good player... I just think that Dargo's pace gives him an advantage over any of the other strikers