What really bugs you ??

dumpmaster

Here is the thread to get all that really annoying things off your chest!

My pet hates are as follows: People cutting me up on roundabouts

Not using indicators

Bad manners

Sticky labels put on goods that leave greasy marks behind.

The Muirtown swingbridge operators

Social scroungers

The Krankies

Manufactured pop bands

:tic01:

I have more, but lets see what everyone else has ?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the above, plus, some TV adverts - especially the one for "Picture" - that woman talking on the phone and to her family - "Josh - Dad's found your scooter" - the only way to deal with that advert is to press the mute button!  Even if offered a great deal, I would never contemplate using whoever is "Picture".

Also, what bugs me are : Stewards at ICT(!) and extremely bad language (when used as punctuation), also noisy neighbours - I have some who conduct arguments which could awaken the dead!

And, now that I am thinking about what winds me up! - cats doing their business in my garden!   

Guest TinCanFan

I have two pet peeves about this site:

1. I hate it when people go over the top with the smilies.

2. I absolutely hate it when some people come on here and you that terrible invention of text talk.

You could say: I RELY H8 IT!

Agree about not using indicators - I find it's peculiar to the Sneck area....

Definately not JB, its a nation wide thing and even spreads south of the border. Never trust them anyway, they only tell you the bulb is working.

Shop staff carrying on a conversation with each other while serving you

People who continue a conversation on their mobile while being served in a shop

Aberdeen City Council

The new weatherman on North Tonight

Vicki Butler-Henderson

People who stop to chat right in the middle of the street, so you can't get past - mums with buggies excel at this - buggies side by side, smart move girls!

People jumping red lights - I live at a crossroads so we get to see all the smashes

Excessive swearing - when it's every second word I mean - I'm no angel myself  :023:

Parents who smoke all over their babies while pushing them in their buggies

Bad manners - a smile goes a long way people

I could go on and on .....  Hmmm, am I just a grumpy not-so-old-thank-you-very-much woman???

Agree about not using indicators - I find it's peculiar to the Sneck area....

Definately not JB, its a nation wide thing and even spreads south of the border. Never trust them anyway, they only tell you the bulb is working.

Yeah... I know it happens everywhere but in varying degrees... After 30 odd years driving around Edinburgh/Fife area I would have to say lack of signalling in and around Sneck seems to me to be at epidemic levels...

Nothing worse than sitting at a "T" junction, trying to turn right - waiting for some erse approaching from your right who suddenly turns left into the street you're trying to come out of....

One of these days I'm gonna do a "U" turn and go after the feckers....

Do any driving instructors ever come on to this site..??

:024:

On the roads what annoys me is,

Drivers who may want to turn right on a dual carriage way, that right turn might be 2 miles away with a roundabout or two to negotiate in between, but they insist on driving it all the way in the right hand lane.

Also drivers who insist on having their FOG lights on constantly, rear ones in the rain  :008: and front ones because it makes there motor more street credible ??

Thats got that off me chest.

Here is the thread to get all that really annoying things off your chest!

My pet hates are as follows: People cutting me up on roundabouts

Not using indicators

Bad manners

Sticky labels put on goods that leave greasy marks behind.

The Muirtown swingbridge operators

Social scroungers

The Krankies

Manufactured pop bands

:tic01:

I have more, but lets see what everyone else has ?

Most of the above, but as i dont like over the Muirtown bridge, it dont bother me.

I hate ' i'm alright Jack ' type people...    :003:

I have a wee thing about slooowwww drivers, if i make it off to work beforte 7.40 im ok, i not i can get caught behind a bloke in a Subaru Impreza WRX, who seems unable to get 2 nd gear and drives at no more than 30 in a 40 limit, accelerates like a pram, and is so slow at roundabouts and junctions it is painfull.

Plenty of things bug me but here are two.......

-- bad drivers: you have seen nothing till you have tried to drive the 401 highway in rush hour. lack of indicating is the least of your worries ! My biggest driving peeve happens to me every day just before I get off the highway and onto normal streets .... and it is drivers who pull out from the right hand lane of traffic onto the merging on-ramp just to try and get a few hundred yards further ahead and then try to force themselves back into the live lane just where the merge lane ends. I need to get off at the next off-ramp so they seriously wind me up !

-- The SPL: The SPL really annoy me on certain things, no standing for one, but I think most people will know my pet peeve is media rights. They held a seminar/conference in the summer to discuss how best to get people overseas interested in the SPL in an effort to increase "football tourism" - ie. those coming to Scotland specifically for a game or who would include a game as part of a visit - yet they constantly try and find ways to block audio and video coverage to those same potential overseas customers.

Its not like people in those countries have an alternative or will affect anyone's market. Even though Setanta started broadcasting here recently they confirmed they would seldom if ever show live SPL games on their new domestic channel as the OF games are shown on a specialty channel. They also confirmed that no highlights packages would be shown in Canada despite being shown in the USA

o2 - morons haven't updated my contract so i am getting charged for calls and texts i should get for free

people who don't indicate - see those orange things on your car? they aren't a f'cking fashion accessory! they are there for a reason now bloody use them!

neds - just die. now.

people who try and make you buy the big issue - i'll buy it if i want to

people who attack you in the street to try and get you to give money to charity - if i want to give you money i will do so. i don't care if you really will only be 30 seconds, i don't want to talk to you

skinny jeans - plain wrong

my job - need more money & variation

aberdeen city council - after nearly a year of trying to get money from me i don't owe them they threaten to take me to court. i storm down there to find out that the retard who received a fax from aberdeen university confirming both mine and my then flatmates status as students hadn't read the 2nd page of the fax which confirmed this. thus explaining why i was still being asked for money i didn't owe them.

debt adverts - "are you saying that if i consolidate all my loans into a big fat f'ck off one then i can save money? why yes! now you can go and buy that big f'ck off tv you always wanted!" no you tool! you can't because you are just increasing your debt by doing that!

hollyoaks - can any other show drag out storylines for as long as this programme?

first scotrail - be it when their online booking system malfunctions leaving me with no train tickets or when the train to kilmarnock leaves early resulting in you missing the first half of your football game first scotrail are just pathetic!

tennents lager - piss in a pint for ?1.70 upwards? no thanks!

motorcyclists - any wonder why so many of you guys die every year? seeing some of the idiots on the roads powering by on blind bends and down the middle of the carriageway with cars on either side really leaves me with little sympathy for them at times

heeleyes - shoes for kids to become fat. no wonder scotland is the 2nd fattest country in the world now

ian wright - a complete bell end. biased beyond belief. i long for the day schmeichel smashes him in the face during a live motd broadcast

clive tildsley - see above except replace big pete with a mace

scotsport - there is no excuse for anyone to watch this now ever. an abomination of a show full of wank pundits who don't know what they are talking about and even worse, andy walker.

jim leishman - "it just shows you how good we (livi) must be if the home team is cheering for a draw". no fatty, it's because your team hoovered up every teams best player with money it didn't have in order to win the first division. glad to see you in your rightful place now though - heading towards division 2

gretna - living the dream? piss off. running up a ?5 million debt is not living the dream and is completely unsustainable. wonderful garbage spouted about not spending a penny as they surged through the divisions overlooking signings like bingham, canning etc anf the wages that beat off spl teams. aye, you did it on a shoestring budget guys. what a miracle you really are!

gordon strachan - when did this guy become such a joke? his pathetic greeting in the papers about celtics net spend v shakthars outlay (not net spend note!) was the most pathetic way of getting in excuses early before they were rightly thumped. we do it each time we play the old filth you ginger nyaff and we never hear you going on about it then. prick! hibs weren't greeting about last weekend. giruy!

People who refer to ICT as 'caley' !!! :008: :008:  That bugs me! Especially when its some halfwit pundit on the tv !! :33:

People who refer to ICT as 'thistle'  :023: :023: :023:

Also people who park on the wrong side of the road (isn't that an offence?) then they hold you up as they have to cross the traffic and they can't see.

RIG,

You watch Hollyoaks do you!

Peter Peacock - neck of brass.

Why do you think Edinburgh doesn't have a rail link to the airport?

Its because successive London based administrations couldn't be ar.. sorry, bothered to provide one.

Birmingham has one.

Oh and where is some of the money saved from postponing the link likely to spent - in the north!

RIG,

Where do you get the storyline info from and why would you be interested?

Given that you have official status on this website, let me put the following questions to you:

Do you really think it is appropriate to describe the employee of Aberdeen City Centre in the way that you did?

Did you not employ your ?long term common sense? to reason that the word that you chose to use might in any way be discriminatory?

[modbreak=Scotty]Please see forum rules 2.4 & 10.4 - http://www.caleythistleonline.com/docs/forum_rules_1.0.0.htm[/modbreak]

RIG,

Sorry, you've lost me here.

Given that you have official status on this website, let me put the following questions to you:

Do you really think it is appropriate to describe the employee of Aberdeen City Centre in the way that you did?

Did you not employ your ?long term common sense? to reason that the word that you chose to use might in any way be discriminatory?

Given what I had to go through with them, yes.

RIG,

Sorry, you've lost me here.

Given what I had to go through with them, yes.

Dictionary definition - a person lacking intelligence or common sense.

Perhaps in this context OK

Don't mess me about.

We all know what RIG meant.

My dictionary has:

"backward in mental or physical development"

Lets all look and point, I'm sorry but these days are gone.

Its all fun until you are the person they are pointing at!

Don't mess me about. We all know what RIG meant.

My dictionary has: "backward in mental or physical development"

Lets all look and point, I'm sorry but these days are gone. Its all fun until you are the person they are pointing at!

According to dictionary.com

4.  Slang: Disparaging.

a. a mentally retarded person.

b. a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way: a hopeless social retard.

origin: from the latin tardus meaning slow