Aberdeen -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Yep, no Wyness  :003:

He definitely has his place in the team but only if the 9 players behind him can get their act sorted, aslong as we're shipping goals we need Bayne and Black on song to take pressure off.

As I;ve said elsewhere, fans on this site need to stop looking at team selection on an individual to individual basis, the team I'd play to accommodate Wyness would be.

Zibi

Roscoe - McGuire - Munro - Hastings

Cowie - Black - McBain

Wilson - Wyness - Marius

If youre putting a side on the park one man at a time then obviously the whole thing will never click.  Just look at tonight with Duncan and McBain in the middle of the park  :017:  Both could have a case argued for there inclusion there but not together (and not with Cowie on the left, it might work if it was Wilson and they was interchangeable with McBain).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel really sorry for all the ICT fans who made the journey to Aberdeen and then had to suffer such a sorry performance.  No case for the defence tonight.

Priorities for the January transfer window must be an experienced keeper and a quality central defender.

This is now two games against Aberdeen where we have made things easy for them by gifting them opportunties through silly but costly mistakes.  When will we start learning from these mistakes.

that was pure torture. an absolute shocker. expected a couple of changes but didnt think we'd select the marx brothers in defence.

mikey is learning from zibi's school of howlers and midfield was just wrong wrong wrong.

long balls a waste of time all night and bayne up front with wyness is a mistake  :029:  with a semi up for grabs the best front pairing shouldn't be toyed with :018:  nicolae and wyness is our best front two. end off story.

saturday will be a long day

The Wyness Shuffle and myself are drunk!

Both gutted! Several Coronas have not helped numb the pain of that result!

Aberdeen just put away their chances. Our defence was shambolic. We never penetrated The Sheep in the final third and that was the telling sign of the game.

I personally didn't go to Aberdeen to penetrate sheeo RIG..............nice suit by the way!

What a night. 6 hrs driving for that!!

agree Fraser at fault for 3rd AND 4th

Long ball all night

Thought Bayne was OK but Wyness did not work well with him............didn't read any knock downs and too lightweight/slow

Our crossing was marginally better than last meeting with Dons............couldn't be worse.......

So much possession ending up with Nil in final 3rd.

We have massive problems at the back and, I think a bit of a problem up front too

Aberdeen will not win many games playing like that................we had a big chance tonight and made a hash of it

Good Night

Guest Arab4Ever

Its gonna be a long journey home for some. Glad a missed this one. Still think the CIS cup needs something done to improve it though. :rolleyes02:

like what?

i dont understand the whole diddy cup thing. with the exeption that the winners dont get into europe and a few highland league teams are thrown in, whats so different about it than the scottish cup? if utd won either it would probably be one of the best days of my life so far.

Pointless competition now, no qualification for anything, it just gets in the way of the bread and butter.

Shown up when the 'best fans' in the world only filled one third of their stadium for an all SPL clash with Jambo's.

There is quite a bit f cas to be made from it though.

Mike Fraser is not totally to blame for his error last night. Why have our central defence suddenly become the kings of pass back. Both Caff and Munro seem frightened to get the ball let alone play it forward. They're reluctant to hod it for any length of time and are forever passing back. Defence must begin in attack but attack has to begin with the defence. Maybe its time to stop the loyalties and blood the youngsters.

Our defending has become a laughing stock !

Just how many goals have we presented to the opposition this season?

Two so called "experienced" players diving into challenges in the box, again how many times this season?

The third goal, well what can you say, it was so bad it was funny.

Mr Dodds , it is only this season I fully realise your contribution to my club , for that I thank you.

Maybe its time to stop the loyalties and blood the youngsters.

:clapping03: :021: :clapping03:

It was suggested last night, half heartedly, but a possibility never the less, that if we dropped Caff and went to a back 3 at least we'd be 25% less likely to concede a goal!  :015: :015: :015:

Might work? :004:

Yes, Gretna are not very good, but it was a good win. So WHY break up a winning team!

(Other than the fact that we have no goalkeeper of any standing).

Barry Wilson is still capable of turning a game, but must be used as a supersub, last 30mins or so. Rankin, must also be getting hungry for a start.

My team for Saturday?

Proctor at RB and Tokely in goals

Football Manager says we should be making the Quarter final of any cup as minimum and Football Manager is the bible in my flat!

We NEED to spend good money on a tall massive fecker of a centre half at Christmas.. or Cuthbert on loan from Celtic (Football Manager says so)

or Rossco centre half and Proctor right back  :024:

Guest Sangobeg Jaggie

From where we were sitting I am absolutely positive that Fraser was to blame for the fourth goal. He could have got to it but chose not to. He cost us that game. Two huge mistakes. Two goals down we have a chance but it is a fact that the defence have now no confidence in Fraser. This could be seen in what Grant and Rosscoe did last night in the second half.

Priority one and two.  Adequate replacements for Mark Brown and Darren Dodds.

Number three . No more high balls up the park. Pleeeeease.

I am getting more and more like a broken record - I have posted this so often -  please, no more high balls hoofed up (or down) the park!  and no more pass-backs! unless guaranteed all of the opposing team are in their own half of the park!  Hoofing long balls - it's always the same, if Caff is in the team, (doing his usual shouting).    It must by now be obvious that such tactics don't work, ICT appear to be at their best keeping the ball on the ground, the passing moves are great and that system does work as often as not - keep the fancy touches, boys - go for it - please, please, and surely the results will come. 

We didn't punt it all night though. Some of the stuff we played was excellent, good pace and movement, and I don't just mean after we were 3-0 down and they sat back.

After 20 mins we couldn't believe we were 2-0 down, we had been playing that well, with Rosscoe and Cowie rampaging down the right and Barry on the left. The two pens were absolutely needless.

Strange night though. I'd like to see some stats for that game. We had so much of the ball and phuq knows how many corners.

If we had their defence and our midfield we wouldn't be sitting here moaning.

At least one old git has a positive tale from last night.

Oh dear, the CIS cup is so important they could not even make the draw for the next round without making a mess of it.  For Christ's sake, there were only four teams left and they still corked it up.

That is about the angriest I have felt coming away from an ICT game in a long time.  Not because we weren't playing well, in fact I thought we played some great football over the 90 minutes, but because all the hard work counted for feck all due to schoolboy errors.

The 2 penalties we conceded were needless beyond belief, the passback to Fraser from about 40 yards out was asking for trouble even before Fraser tried to get cute and take on the forward and our entire team sat back for the fourth and almost invited the goal.

If you took a video of the game, edited out the goals and showed it to someone and invited them to predict the scoreline then they'd be coming up with results of 3 or 4-1 in our favour, not the other way around.  Unlike the result against Hibs where we were simply unlucky, last night we got what we deserved for making the mistakes we made...we were robbed by our own team.

I also thought someone might have mentioned Frasers antics in the second half when he seemed to take to wandering up to the edge of the centre circle....I was just waiting for someone to lob him to really put a seal on the nights events.  Starting to see a streak of arrogance in Fraser when he's on the park and it's not something that is doing him any favours.

Guest donmac298

My thoughts exactly regarding Fraser's wandering CD,  I was just waiting for someone to catch him out.  What was he trying to prove anyway?