ICT -V- Motherwell : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The arrogance of Mark McGee is salt in the wounds. Apparently the two sending offs had 'no bearing on the result', and 'the game was won by half time'  :rolleyes02:

TBH I kinda agree with McGhee. It maybe wasn't won by half-time but it certainly was when well went 2-0 up! We're 2-0 down at home and playing with 1 striker ?    WTF !!!! :008: :008:

We were poor today, both the team, management, crowd and last but not least the ref!

Can't recall a shot on target from ICT.

It was even 35 minutes before we had a shot off target. I thought given the wet and windy conditions we should have been taking pot shots at every opportunity....maybe we needed Hart  :023:

Tokely, should be ashamed of himself, we needed some fight from the players today, but not literally in from of the ref!

How many people saw Bayne's red card coming; yellow carded (unfairly I thought), then a final warning from the ref - he should have been taken off at half time.

Yes the ref had a shocker but we need to learn from that performance an move on.

I hate it when we lose and are sh1te....it just f*&ks up the weekend  :019:

I've been a season ticket holder for some years now but this is the first time I've ever felt like leaving a game with 20 minutes to go.

Bad luck for Bayne to get sent off but two bad tackles = sending off. No argument there. Tokely on the other hand ran almost the length of the pitch (like a man possessed) with one intention in mind - to nail the Motherwell player. He couldn't catch him with the ball so he took him out after he passed it. Rosscoe, is an ICT hero - but his behaviour today was about the stupidest I've ever seen on a football pitch. Two things were certain after that, 1) he was going to get sent off and 2) we were definitely going to get a sound thrashing from Motherwell.

Credit to the 9 guys who had to press on against 11 men!! It was a hopeless task.

Two final things:-

1) We have reverted to being a team of shot-shy attackers (so many of our goals last season came from long-range efforts). Come on guys - start taking a pot from distance!!

2) Late subs - unless you're trying to waste time when you're in the lead, don't do it. Brew, these late substitutions are pointless. We needed Rankin and Niculae with 30 minutes to go - not 10!!

The arrogance of Mark McGee is salt in the wounds. Apparently the two sending offs had 'no bearing on the result', and 'the game was won by half time'  :rolleyes02:

In fairness he was completely right to say that.

Cut and paste from P & B:

--------------------

The referee was atrocious today. Absolutely awful. While he was not the reason ICT lost, we did a fantastic job of being utter shite to make it easy for Motherwell, some of the decisions from both himself and the linesmen were beyond belief. It was mainly the inconsistency that seemed to be the big talking point as anything ICT seemed to do was punished while Motherwell "got away" with everything.

No problems with the sending off of Bayne. He should have been booked for an earlier challenge on a Well defender but somehow the Ref let it go only to book him a minute later for an aerial challenge. Now given that he had been blown up for a lot of fouls and was on a yellow you might have thought that subbing Bayne could have been on the agenda at half time. Nope. Into the 2nd half and he lunges for a ball he was never going to win and fouled the Well player. Second yellow = red and he was off. What was especially irritating was that the ball was on the half way line and there was no danger at that point.

At the time I thought that Tokely was simply shoulder to shoulder with McGarry and that he clipped his heels and McGarry then dived clutching his face. However after hearing Brewsters comments and reading the BBC report I will need to have a look at the highlights tomorrow.

Motherwell dominated the game which ended when Bayne was off. The only bad thing for Well fans is how they didn't score more goals. They had some guilt edged chances at the end that they really should have finished. First goal was easy as you like. Corner in from (my) right and a clever flick on to the unmarked Clarkson who rammed the ball into the net.

The 2nd was highly dubious because, when the initial shot went in on goal, there was a Motherwell player on the line, in an offside position who prevented the ball from going in. The ball bounced back off the player and back to a Motherwell player who, with the same player still on the line in an apparent offside position, fired it into the net. This led to huge protests from the ICT players as the Well player on the line must have been interfering with play but the linesman ref gave it.

The standside linesman then decided to get in on the act when Cowie (I think) was fouled and the referee gave it. However the linesman who was no more than 10 metres from the incident had given nothing. This led to a poor show of discipline from ICT players, but at the same time I can understand their grievance, who questioned why he hadn't given anything. Indeed this was a summary of the afternoon as the linesman NEVER indicated which way a throw in was going until the ref decided which way to award it.

I've already mentioned the Tokely incident which took us down to 9 players which left us wondering when, not if, Motherwell would score their 3rd. Surprised it took so long but a simple ball through the "defence" found Smith who confidently slotted it beyond Fraser. Easy for Motherwell as it had been since Baynes sending off. They impressed me with their work off the ball. Always offering themselves for a pass and they seemed willing to get it down and knock it about. Contrast this to our "hoof n hope" approach which wasn't working from the word go and it's easy to see why they ran out such comfortable winners. They would have done so even if we had 11 players on the park.

ICT were dreadful. The Ref was horrendous and Brewster is deluded if he thinks that we played some good stuff. He is also a fool if he thinks taking off Ian Black, one of the few players who seems able to play this mystical passing game Brewster thinks he has gotten ICT playing, will help our cause.

The only good thing about today were the Motherwell Casuals on the train who provided some hilarious entertainment with one trying to secure a ?2k loan for the 2 hour journey between Inverness and Aberdeen, one passing out and being left on the train by his pals and one who asked a girl getting off at Elgin if "she wanted a piece o' the big man" laugh.gif

--------------------

shocker today. we were lucky to only have 2 sent off to be honest and as bad as the officials were we brought it on ourselves with some shocking indiscipline from just about everyone. in fact we were so pish i was hoping ref would send off a few more and abandon the game to put us out of our misery.

i thought tokely elbowed the boy in the face but could be wrong as didnt get a clear view.?

bayne was a waste of space, and is only any use in the box on the end of good crosses which we couldnt produce.he's got his merits at times but him and wyness should never be allowed to play together again. nicolae and wyness as a front two were doing very well and its no coincidence things have gone tits up since bayne arrived. :sillywave:

defence wasnt too bad today compared to previous showings, first goal was slack though, second dubious and third wilsons fault.munro didnt look comfortable or in any way commanding though.see some people slating caff but munro was worse

easily one of the most flat, inept , indisciplined , boring , spineless performance i have witnessed from ict ever. the players should be embarrassed picking up their wages this week.

at 2.0 down i would rather have gone one at the back and stuck on more strikers and gone for it even if it meant getting totally humped. instead we went down without even a fight. :029:

in my mind theres not going to be a **** of a lot seperating us from gretna this season unless things change pretty soon  :024:

Brewster made a big mistake in selecting Bayne (although, I agreed with the decison to play him last week).  For a home game against a team like Motherwell, Niculae should have been the automatic choice.

We were punished for again having a poor start to the game.  Motherwell scored with their first real opporunity.  One of our players appeared to flick the ball into the box for their guy to finish off.

The ref was terrible and this was a major reason for some of our players loosing the plot.  As has been said by others on this thread, most people could see that Bayne was eventually going to get sent off - so brew should have subbed him at half time.

I don't think 'well outplayed us, we just made it easy for them.

Tokely deserves a spell on the bench when he comes back from suspension - he let his team and the fans down today.

Good morning

Anyone else woke up with a thumping sore head.  Thanks Mr Brewster for ruining my weekend.  Yes you, it is all your fault.  No one else should take the blame for our totally inept performance yesterday.  You have solely taken the team back fifteen years with what can only be described as ******* shite.  In fact that is being disrespectful to shite.  I witnessed a massacre, not seen in these parts since 13th Feb 1692. I have backed you vehemently through thick and thin, but the buck stops here, or more appropriately at your feet.  Your managerial abilities are open to discussion after todays slaughter.  Why, when it was obvious to everyone in the stadium, did you do absolutely nothing to change the proceedings.  Headless chicken was always going off after the early booking. A blind man could see that, Marius was tailor made for the job yesterday, why keep him on the bench until it was a lost cause, are you deliberately trying to discredit him? Look what you have done, normally mild mannered people coming on here with blood pressure readings hitting an all time peak.  Typical values for a resting, healthy adult human are approximately 120 mmHg (16 kPa) systolic and 80 mmHg (11 kPa) diastolic (written as 120/80 mmHg, and spoken as "one twenty over eighty") with large individual variations, well last night the rule book went out the window.  This can not be emphasised enough, you and your decision making based on yesterdays performance were disgraceful, we, the general public need an apology, and refund for witnessing that tripe.  Eveything about yesterday was wrong, since when did Motherwell come to sneck and humiliate us, well, it haoppened yesterday.  Highlights, there were none for Inverness, not one, in fact even less than that.

SORT IT

Dont know..sort of felt that way last night, calmed down a bit now and looking back we just didnt turn up.

Playing Bayne from the start was a very big mistake, as soon as i got passed the turnstiles and saw Bayne in the centre circle i knew we were in for a shyte day.

Firstly he should not have been on the park, Bayne/Wyness up front is a disaster.

Secondly Bayne really had to be taken off at half time, A. because he was shyte and we needed to alter our game plan. B. he was going to get sent off, the whole stadium saw that ( except brew of course)

Hastings had a poor game as usual, why do we play him when we have a better player for LB in Mcbain. this would leave us to get a more creative player in left midfield.

Its all about opinions, but I thought Richard Hastings is looking like he is getting back to some decent form after a turgid start to the season following his summer exertions.

He has an aerial and physical presence that Roy will never match.

Agree in part,  don't think either side was very good in the 1st half and not many chances for either side.  The slide tackle Bayne got a warning for just before his 1st booking was a great tackle and he got the ball then booked 2 minutes later.  I was wondering on the way home yesterday what was the referee's agenda yesterday.  I don't care what anyone says he was bordering on cheating at some points I thought.  Look at the stats in the paper today 19 fouls for us 4 for Motherwell!!

What the last straw for me was,  at 2-0 and 2 men down.  We had a cross from the stand side of the pitch and the ball bounced through about 10 players hit a Motherwell player CLEARLY on the hand and the referee blew and awarded a free kick for Grant Munro standing his ground in the box.

Yeah I agree we were **** for most of the game but the refereeing was farcical and most of the Motherwell chances came when we were down to 9 and I even think the Motherwell fans were bored at how stupid the game was at that point.

In saying that,  thats what we get for rigidly sticking to the same formation, hoofing the ball and not changing the style or players for love nor money.  We're starting to get what we deserve for the rubbish long ball garbage of the last 2 seasons!!

Managed to make it up the road for the game with my flatmate 'monthecaley' -  the worst performance I have ever seen from Inverness in person - the only good football was in the last 10 mins of the 1st half. I really did think we missed Marius today - all we did was hoof it up the park, there was little in the way of structured passing and any one-touch football with the exception of tokley's ball into the box in the 1st half...

Agreed the refereeing was pretty terrible but the perfomance was about a millions miles away from that against grenta - hopefully brew was kicking some arses in there after the game.

On a positive note - nice to see a substitution before the 84th minute...

I have tried waiting a couple of days before posting but my feelings are still the same.  I was embarrassed on Saturday.  TMFTJ is more than correct with his post.  Can we please stop using the ref as some sort of scapegoat.  yes he was shocking and you will not see much worse but he didn't stop us having a shot on target!  He didn't stop us defending the goals.

From kick off the team were dreadful, easily the worst I have witnessed.  There was no tactics, no passing, not one player looked like he wanted to be there and more importantly no management.  From the minute Bayne got booked he should have been hooked or at the very worst half time.  We now read the "manager" stating that he warned Bayne to be careful as the next tackle will see him sent off!  There was 45 minutes bl**dy left!  Is he not supposed to challenge?  The is like playing a man down anyway so sub him.  The Black sub at half time?  Was it down to him mouthing off after comments from the stand?  He was playing not to bad.  Down to 10 men and only guy upfront Trying to get a goal back, shall we give it a shot and take of a defender for an attacker?  No, lets take off our top scorer who had no support all day.

The team was clueless, useless and should all take a good look a thereselves.  As for the manager, his current club is one place better off than his last so I guess he should be happy. :020: :020: :020: :020: :020: :020: :020: :020:

PS  How can we possibly give Hastings any pass marks?  Most of the attacking came down his wing.  He gives players so much room to get a cross in it is amazing.  Great season last year but you are shocking this year Dickie.