Is Brew still the right man for the job?

Pele_Is_God

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

----------

Mainly because I was not 100% sure he was the right person for the job in the first place. I believe his record at United spoke for itself.

However I will still be supporting the team. We won't get relegated but the performances at times are certainly a concern. Next season might be though.

he hasn't had long enough to prove himself yet. some of our performances have been poor since he took over we have been inconsistent but remember this is not Craig's team. give him a chance to bring in some fresh faces in January and re-assess performances later on in the season

I was unhappy about his appointment but the fact of the matter is that we should back him at least in the short to medium term.

That said, Brewster's overall managerial record is poor and, in my opinion he will have to demonstrate a considerible upturn in both results and performances over the coming months.

We have the luxury, thank heavens, this season of Gretna acting as a buffer between ourselves and relegation but if Brewster hasn't improved the fortunes of the team by March he should make way for his successor to prepare for next season.

If I was pressed to answer the direct question posed at the begining of this thread then I'm afraid the answer would have to be no.

Guest Aboynamedsue

[quote author=Kingsmills link

We have the luxury, thank heavens, this season of Gretna acting as a buffer between ourselves and relegation

Lets ask this question after the January transfer window and then you'll get my verdict. Its too soon to make a decision, I was NOT impressed with the team on Saturday though.....

I was just about to post something to that effect, only I'd give him at least the rest of this season in the job....

Guest WynessLegend

I thought this was a supporters site?

So many of you delight in slagging off individual players, directors and our manager.

If you don't want to support the club then maybe you should stay away from this page and amuse yourself in some other way. I could make a few suggestions if that would help.

Brewster is a good young manager and he has made a positive impact during his very short time in charge.

Now, how about getting behind him and supporting the club?

Guest TinCanFan

I wouldn't be suprised to see CB bring in no-one or a couple of useless players in the transfer window.  And I thought when he was appointed and I still do think that CB is not the man for the job.

I have my concerns but I too will reserve judgement until later on when he really has had time to build his own team. After last Saturdays dreadful performance and lack of tacktical know-how and use of subs I am currently not confident. When you travel to support the team as much as me their comes a time when you ask yourself "well, if they can't be bothered why the **** should I?".

I thought this was a supporters site?

So many of you delight in slagging off individual players, directors and our manager.

If you don't want to support the club then maybe you should stay away from this page and amuse yourself in some other way. I could make a few suggestions if that would help.

Brewster is a good young manager and he has made a positive impact during his very short time in charge.

Now, how about getting behind him and supporting the club?

So basically what you are saying is that if your opinion of ICT is in any way negative you shouldn't post on here?

He wasn't top of my list on Saturday, but I suppose he is the best option at the moment.  That does not necessarily mean he is the right man for the job.  But ICT have to look at the job from lots of angles to see if the club fits the manager as much as the other way round.  So, stayng within budgets etc, he is the man for the job.

I only post what i post and get so wound up as I am a supporter.  I didnt back his appointment from the start as I would imagine any supporter would not want his/her club managed by a manager who took a club to the bottom of the league with a shocking SPL record.

My biggest worry when Brewster was appointed was whether or not he had the experience and strength of character to get the lads clicking again.

The answer to that early on seemed to be a resounding yes, but aside from the Gretna match these last few games have me wondering whether the improved performances early on were simply a player reaction to a new manager and wanting to impress and were not creditable to Brewsters ability as a manager.

I don't buy into all this "It's not his team" carry on either, apart from Pele we've never had a manager who could say "this is a team of their making"...the simple fact is, that a good manager gets the best from the players he has and other than a couple of replacements which would happen under any manager in the Transfer window, it will be a longgg time before Brewster could say this was his team.

For me, the jury is out at present.