Brewster's midweek thoughts

Johnboy

Sorry Caley100...

I still say the shyte will hit the fan around 5pm on Saturday if ICT lose this one... :018:

I had said at the start of the season that Gretna were shoe ins for the drop. Early season I maintained this stance and the 4 - 0 thrashing did little more than back up the idea that Gretna were going down with the lowest points total ever.

Now, after some questionable displays, rumoured off field problems, odd team selections, loss of discipline and selling one of the clubs more consistent performers (and record signing) from last season I must admit to becoming somewhat solicitous over the last couple of weeks.

I don't think Gretna will spend as big as people think but it will likely, at this rate, to be enough to see us a lot closer to the relegation spot than any of us would ever have anticipated.

It would be interesting to hear what the pro-Brewster lobby think of him now? I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt upon his return but the last few weeks have eroded any support I could muster. Letting Rankin go is just plain stupid  :008:

Let Rankin go and bring Rory in. :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

I guess this must be for the under 21 rule as there is no way in **** he should ever be in an ICT squad.

Who is paying Watts wages whilst he is here?  If he is a long term injury then surely we should just send him back to Swansea?

If we loose on Saturday (which I dont think we will) then already we should be looking to move the joker on before it gets to late.

Sorry Caley100...

I still say the shyte will hit the fan around 5pm on Saturday if ICT lose this one... :018:

Maybe not as dramatic as that Johnboy, but as i see it this season was always going to be a battle with the bottom 4 in the frame, our results against Midden, Falkirk and Gretna being the most important, we have slapped Falkirk and Gretna, we lost against midden first time round but i am optimistic we will win tomorrow.

Believe!

Let Rankin go and bring Rory in. :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

I guess this must be for the under 21 rule as there is no way in **** he should ever be in an ICT squad.

Who is paying Watts wages whilst he is here?  If he is a long term injury then surely we should just send him back to Swansea?

If we loose on Saturday (which I dont think we will) then already we should be looking to move the joker on before it gets to late.

Rankins a midfielder, Rory's a striker. Rankin was brought here by Charlie, Brew gave Rory his chance and has always believed he could groom the lad to be a clone of himself. Who knows, maybe it will happen.

As for Watt, Im not sure, under the rules, that we can just send him back.

Guest WynessLegend

Anyway, back to Brewster's thoughts.

I imagine he'll be thinking that Saturday gives us an excellent opportunity to pick up another three points and get things moving in the right direction again.

I hope he will also be thinking of January transfer targets.

He may also be making a mental note not to visit this site.

Have to agree with most of the posts here....lets summarise our Manager's actions over the last 4 weeks

Niculae dropped....Wyness' strike rate goes to zero

McCaffrey subs for McGuire.....defence leaks goals like a sieve (ok maybe not much choice but Proctor or others worth a chance)

****ing about with the midfield line up...Cowie in/out...Black subbied...erratic use of Barry Wilson...what is Mcbain's role?

Rankin can go........What??....and keep Hart ?????......have I woken up on the planet Stupid? :crazy07:

and the best of all

Rory is back....oh my god....sorry but he doesn't have it and he can't hack it at this level...why do we persist???

Sorry Brewster but you are losing it :029:

I watched the reserves against Rangers reserves on Setanta...

Very enlightening... Although they lost 4-2, Black and Rankin both put in a good shift... The guy who impressed most was Ian Vigurs at left back opposing Chris Burke...  He was excellent - what does he have to do to break into the first team..?

Up front, Rory showed a few decent touches - none of which led anywhere... He was subbed late on by Jack who scored with an excellent header from a Richie Hart cross....

Guest WynessLegend

I reckon that Brewster only brought McAllister back because Dean McDonald is/was unwell and may not play against Saint Mirren.

That is definitely the reason. With Bayne suspended and Deano and Brew unfit we don't have many other options.

Hopefully McAllister won't be used.