Ball in the air versus ball on the deck

dumpmaster

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that we are rather weak when the ball is in the air ie most other teams we seem to play win more than their fair share of high balls against us.

Which brings me on to my next point,why do we persist for long spells of games in playing the long high ball ? We seem to miss out the midfield for long periods, which is really frustrating as I know we can play some lovely football with the ball on the deck(as witnessed against Hearts and Falkirk)

Any views from the masses ?

In my opinion the only time the ball should leave the ground from an outfield player is for crosses (or occasionally if the defence is playing a flat high line which can be got in behind. If we play the long ball against Dun Utd we'll get slaughtered. Wilkie and Dods will lapp that up!

With the ball,on the deck we are a good footballing side.

Thankfully we are seeing more of this under Brew.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'm all for giving Brewster a chance to turn things around, but your damaging your own case by making ridiculous comments like that.

Brewster is "King of the Hoof and Chase" we've seen it return big style since he was appointed.

With the ball,on the deck we are a good footballing side.

Thankfully we are seeing more of this under Brew.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

With the ball on the deck we are a good side. Shame Brewster seems intent on pumping long ball after long ball up to the forwards. Only one team played passing football today and it wasn't us.

What was even more staggering was when the wind picked up and the ball was getting held up in the air. A perfect chance then to change the way we were playing and get the ball down to retain possession yet we still went for more aimless long balls.

Some of the distribution, especially at set plays, was painful to watch.